+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit and dependent visa

Ekatuazon

Star Member
Nov 24, 2019
Hi everyone,
Appreciate any response you can give me for the following questions:

My husband has work permit and now in Canada. I will apply for open work permit and wanted to bring my 3yo daughter. What visa should I apply for her? What forms do I need from cic website for her?

Thanks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone,
Appreciate any response you can give me for the following questions:

My husband has work permit and now in Canada. I will apply for open work permit and wanted to bring my 3yo daughter. What visa should I apply for her? What forms do I need from cic website for her?

Thanks.
Unless visa-exempt, she needs a TRV.

Reactions: Ekatuazon

Ekatuazon

Star Member
Nov 24, 2019
Can we apply to extend her visa once she is there in canada? If so, should it still be visitor or can be study permit?

Ekatuazon

Star Member
Nov 24, 2019
I see. That helps. thanks. One more question though, with her first application for visitor, how long should I put? 3 or 4 months or we can pit the duration of his work permit?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I see. That helps. thanks. One more question though, with her first application for visitor, how long should I put? 3 or 4 months or we can pit the duration of his work permit?
As she is applying along with you, put the actual duration.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Do we need to provide invitation letter and state that we apply for her visitor visa then indicate duration to be until sep2021 which is the end date of my husband's work permit?
You don't need an invitation letter. Just follow the checklist.

Ekatuazon

Star Member
Nov 24, 2019
You don't need an invitation letter. Just follow the checklist.
If this is the case that we dont need the invitatio letter, is it right that i put family visitor visa in the form on the purpose of travel part then duration would be from next month for example, until sep2021? Btw, thank you for your time answering my questions.