+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work for Spouse (Philippines)

FordBryan

Aug 13, 2014
Hi:

My wife went to Squamish, BC last April 2014 as a Temporary Worker (with working visa valid up to 2 years) and since I am also employed or has a job in our home country (Philippines), I did not joined her TFW (Temporary Foreign Worker) application. Although I noticed in her application that there is a box to be marked if the spouse "will be accompanying" the applicant, and we ticked-mark "not accompanying".

With that, I am thinking that if I will be applying for an Open Work Permit (as my wife's derivative), would that taint my OWP application? As originally, I did not joined my wife's TFW application. I have now thought that I should have joined her application by submitting the application form together (TFW for my wife and OWP for me). Although, I can not go back to that moment and my only choice is to apply for my own OWP.

In addition to the information given, I have also applied for a Visitor's Visa (TRV) last June 2014 and I was refused based on ties. To give more information, my wife went to Canada as a TFW last April 2014, and we were married May 2011 (been married for more than 3 years), still has no kids/dependents, and I am currently employed here in our home country (Philippines).

Now, I am thinking that aside from the fact that I was refused for a TRV (my plan was to visit her, but it looks like I would not be able to do so, which resulted in my thinking that in order to join my wife, I should then have my OWP).

Would it be easier that I apply for an OWP? If so, given the refusal for TRV (based on ties), what do you suggest I do with my OWP? Is there anything else or any kind of document that I need to include to support my application or make my application stronger? Since having been refused a TRV (Visitor's visa), would that taint my OWP application?

Also, would it matter if I used an immigration consultant? Will it also make my OWP App stronger?

Thank you for taking time reading my letter, hoping for your kind reply.

natsy

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 18, 2013; OWP: May 2, 2013; AIP: May 20, 2014
Med's Request
LC2: May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
LC2: June 5, 2014; LC2 Docs Rcvd: June 23, 2014; PR approval email: July 21, 2014
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
LC2 PPR: July 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 Visa Issued: Oct. 29, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
iyou can only come to canada with an open work permit if your wife is a skilled worker. hiring an immigration representative does not make your application stronger or different in any way. c",)

FordBryan

Aug 13, 2014
Thank you Natsy for taking time reading my post. With that, I will proceed in applying for an Open Work Permit.

Given the fact, what do you suggest I do with my OWP? Is there anything else or any kind of document that I need to include to support my application or make my application stronger? Since I have been refused a TRV (Visitor's visa) last June 2014.

Thank you.

PS: When I have any other information, I will also post it here for anyone to see. We can share information and help each other out.

Thanks guys. Be back once in a while.

FordBryan

Aug 13, 2014
I would also like to ask since my TRV app has been refused a month ago & I am now planning to join my Spouse who has a Foreign Worker status & I am considering to apply under the OWP Program. "Is there a proper time frame when to submit an OWP application after a TRV has been refused? or does it matter when?

Thank you.

MasterCedric

Star Member
May 11, 2014
Canada
If your wife's NOC is skill level 0, A or B, you wouldn't have a problem applying for an open work permit. I am under skill level B and I have filed for my wife's OWP and my son's TRV at the same time I have applied for my work permit. We applied online and was approved in 3 months, we landed here in Canada two weeks ago.

I'm not sure if your previous refusal for TRV will have an impact on your application but just to make sure, you need to show stronger ties to your home country to convince immigration that you will not overstay at the end of your visa. These proofs can be assets and properties or employment in your home country.

P.S. We did not provide any of that but got approved without any problems. We are also from the Philippines but applied for our permits from New Zealand, our country of residence at the time.

Good luck!

tyn26

May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MasterCedric said:
If your wife's NOC is skill level 0, A or B, you wouldn't have a problem applying for an open work permit. I am under skill level B and I have filed for my wife's OWP and my son's TRV at the same time I have applied for my work permit. We applied online and was approved in 3 months, we landed here in Canada two weeks ago.

I'm not sure if your previous refusal for TRV will have an impact on your application but just to make sure, you need to show stronger ties to your home country to convince immigration that you will not overstay at the end of your visa. These proofs can be assets and properties or employment in your home country.

P.S. We did not provide any of that but got approved without any problems. We are also from the Philippines but applied for our permits from New Zealand, our country of residence at the time
Good luck!
Hi,

Hi, what will happen "next" after CIC
has notified us that me (SOWP) and my child (Study permit) both PASSED the medical exam? Is it in the next 3days or in a week, we will be expecting a PPR? Excited na ako for be reunited my loved one. To Him be the Glory. Godbless everyone here. ;)

MasterCedric

Star Member
May 11, 2014
Canada
tyn26 said:
Hi,

Hi, what will happen "next" after CIC
has notified us that me (SOWP) and my child (Study permit) both PASSED the medical exam? Is it in the next 3days or in a week, we will be expecting a PPR? Excited na ako for be reunited my loved one. To Him be the Glory. Godbless everyone here. ;)
Hello, we were not required to have medicals since we applied from NZ, derecho passport request kami. Medyo nadelay lang yung amin dahil sa police check namin from NZ, but everything falls into place in the end. In your case, since you already passed your medicals, I would say na PPR na kasunod nyan, maybe in a week or two? Just be positive! Goodluck! :)

tyn26

May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MasterCedric said:
Hello, we were not required to have medicals since we applied from NZ, derecho passport request kami. Medyo nadelay lang yung amin dahil sa police check namin from NZ, but everything falls into place in the end. In your case, since you already passed your medicals, I would say na PPR na kasunod nyan, maybe in a week or two? Just be positive! Goodluck! :)
Hi, thank you my angel:) sana in less than a week my email notification ulit ang CIC, thanks for your tip buddy! yes on us, we've gone step by step procedures yung req'ts nung una ang gastos talaga. Sana PPR na hopefully makahabol 5yo child ko sa class opening by Sept (you think so? Hehe)

Saan ka based sa Canada ngayon are u with ur spouse and child ba? Godbless :-* ;)

MasterCedric

Star Member
May 11, 2014
Canada
tyn26 said:
Hi, thank you my angel:) sana in less than a week my email notification ulit ang CIC, thanks for your tip buddy! yes on us, we've gone step by step procedures yung req'ts nung una ang gastos talaga. Sana PPR na hopefully makahabol 5yo child ko sa class opening by Sept (you think so? Hehe)

Saan ka based sa Canada ngayon are u with ur spouse and child ba? Godbless :-* ;)
Yes, kasama ko wife and son ko, 5 year old din. Sabay sabay ang application namin kaya kasabay ko na rin cla dumating dito. Sa Steinbach Manitoba kami. School starts on September 3rd, don't worry kung di kayo makahabol kasi pwede mo pa rin i-enroll anak mo kahit ngstart na ang school year, tatanggapin pa rin cya. Kindergarten ang 5 yo dito. Goodluck and God bless you too!

tyn26

May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MasterCedric said:
Yes, kasama ko wife and son ko, 5 year old din. Sabay sabay ang application namin kaya kasabay ko na rin cla dumating dito. Sa Steinbach Manitoba kami. School starts on September 3rd, don't worry kung di kayo makahabol kasi pwede mo pa rin i-enroll anak mo kahit ngstart na ang school year, tatanggapin pa rin cya. Kindergarten ang 5 yo dito. Goodluck and God bless you too!
Hi, master Cedric

Ah i see, Kinder1 na na yung child ko dito sa Manila kami, 5y.o ren pala ung child mo
May acceptance letter na sya from Edmonton Catholic School hopefully ma accept parin kahit na d kami umabot ng Sept. 3. Nag pass ka rin ba ng acceptance letter? Thanks hope to meet u soon:)

Godbless po

FordBryan

Aug 13, 2014
Good luck Guyz! I have seen your posts. Actually, sana nga sumabay na ako sa application ng spouse ko before, pero hindi kasi naman alam na pwede. Now, mag ta try palang ako.

Wish me good luck too. Sana this time, maging ok nadin ako so I can reunite with my loved one too.

Thank you.

tyn26

May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FordBryan said:
Good luck Guyz! I have seen your posts. Actually, sana nga sumabay na ako sa application ng spouse ko before, pero hindi kasi naman alam na pwede. Now, mag ta try palang ako.

Wish me good luck too. Sana this time, maging ok nadin ako so I can reunite with my loved one too.

Thank you.
Hi, oo naman saan nag wowork spouse nyo sa Canada? Determination lang po and prayers.. :) promise it works.