+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open permit

Robertowalker

Dec 31, 2017
Hey Everyone !! This is my first time posting on this forum.

I am from the UK and entered Canada 18 months ago on a 2 year work permit. I now have 6 months left and have applied for permenant residence through a spouse visa as i have married a canadian citizen.
I had originally intended to submit my application alot sooner.
Anyway after reading through a few threads on this site I realise I have left this way to late.

I am looking to extend my work permit while this is processing as I imagine 6 months will not be sufficienct.

Has anyone been in this position or now how I go about applying to have it extended?

How long does it normally take to hear back when you first submit you pr application?

Any help would be gladly appreciated.
Thanks everyone

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are you on IEC? Unfortunately that can't be extended. Did you apply for PR inland and add your OWP to the application?

Robertowalker

Dec 31, 2017
Yes I am on IEC. I have applied for a PR inland and I Did not add the OWP to my application. Should I have done?
I am new to this site and already I have learnt so much. I really should have looked through before submitting my application

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes I am on IEC. I have applied for a PR inland and I Did not add the OWP to my application. Should I have done?
I am new to this site and already I have learnt so much. I really should have looked through before submitting my application
As you still have 6 months left on your IEC, if you submit the OWP app now, you should receive it well before your current permit expires. If you have AIP, you can apply online. If you don't have AIP yet, you need to mail your app to Vegreville.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/spousal-permit-extended.html

Robertowalker

Dec 31, 2017
Great news I will get on that straight away. I really appreciate your help thank you very much. Are you a UK citizen living in Canada or the opposite?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Great news I will get on that straight away. I really appreciate your help thank you very much. Are you a UK citizen living in Canada or the opposite?
Canadian in Canada. I was living in the UK when I joined the forum.