+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open permit holder want to have vacation in the philippines

Seiramae

Nov 4, 2015
Hi everyone,
Good day is there anybody here had vacation in the philippines with a open permit holder, working in a factory through agency. I am just wondering what are the documents i need when i go back here in canada
(Immigration). I still do have a valid visa..

Thanks...

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seiramae said:
Hi everyone,
Good day is there anybody here had vacation in the philippines with a open permit holder, working in a factory through agency. I am just wondering what are the documents i need when i go back here in canada
(Immigration). I still do have a valid visa..

Thanks...
You have a valid/unexpired visa and a valid/unexpired permit - you are good to go and re-enter Canada. You have your travel/entry document (visa) allowing you to re-enter Canada, and you have your status document (OWP) showing your current status in Canada (allowing you to reside and work). I would advise to get a letter from your employer, showing you are officially on leave as well as the duration of your vacation - this is just in case as this is not for when you re-enter Canada, but may be needed when you exit the PH.

Exiting the PH - there are exit formalities. As an OWP holder, you technically are not subject to POEA/OEC requirements for overseas workers departing the PH. Nevertheless please check with the PH embassy website - regulations may have changed in the last few years on holders of OWPs. If you need an OEC, this is where the letter I referred to above will be used for.

Have a great vacation.

.../atb