+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OOPNP Work experience question

JohnsonBthe1

Mar 19, 2015
Hi all, so I just got the PT notification for OOPNP and am preparing the application package. For my work experience, I had 2 two-months period contract after graduation, which were unqualified work experience, and then I have my current work for almost 2 years which is a NOC A job. It is just impossible for me to get the employer reference letter from the previous contract positions because it was back in 2012 and the company has a huge turnover (basically all the people I worked with left, including HR and manager). So my question is that could I just say I was "unemployed" by that period? I did still keep the contract from them but I think the OOPNP still requires the reference letter.

Also, if you advice that just put in "unemployed", would it be an issue when they see my T4 and find out that I actually have income by that time?

Please help. Thanks a lot and hope you all get PR soon.

Preet_S

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some companies do offer co-op positions even after graduation. I have done 2 months co-op after my graduation while waiting for PGWP.

But still take advice from some consultant i am not expert.just wanted to suggest this option.

JohnsonBthe1

Mar 19, 2015
Preet_S said:
Some companies do offer co-op positions even after graduation. I have done 2 months co-op after my graduation while waiting for PGWP.

But still take advice from some consultant i am not expert.just wanted to suggest this option.
Thanks! I'll ask more guys and maybe call the oopnp office later today.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
JohnsonBthe1 said:
But it was after my graduation. Could it still count as co-op?
If it was after you got your PGWP.

Moreover you can just show the experience of your current job.
If nothing, write a letter of explanation regarding reference letter and attach your contract with it. This can't be a reason for rejection of PNP. Requirement is 1 year and you are well above that.

Good luck

JohnsonBthe1

Mar 19, 2015
manidhatt said:
If it was after you got your PGWP.

Moreover you can just show the experience of your current job.
If nothing, write a letter of explanation regarding reference letter and attach your contract with it. This can't be a reason for rejection of PNP. Requirement is 1 year and you are well above that.

Good luck
Thanks! like your signature that says "tornado can be foretasted but not cic: :D

Good luck to you too