+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OOPNP French-Speaking Skilled Workers Stream

Arshan

Jun 14, 2017
Hello everyone,

Does anybody know here if for being taken as FSSW i should bring French as my first language or it is ok to keep it as my second?!!

This is sooo urgent.. Plz help!!

SumH12

Apr 11, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
26-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
Med's Done....
12-12-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
Hello everyone,

Does anybody know here if for being taken as FSSW i should bring French as my first language or it is ok to keep it as my second?!!

This is sooo urgent.. Plz help!!
Yes. It is required to select French as primary language, in order to be chosen under FSSW Ontario stream.
Don’t worry if your CRS decrease by doing it.

Arshan

Jun 14, 2017
Yes. It is required to select French as primary language, in order to be chosen under FSSW Ontario stream.
Don’t worry if your CRS decrease by doing it.
Thank u for ur prompt reply, but the thing is that when I switch to French I completely lose the case of Federal minimum 67 points which leads to my application being completely closed. :-(

Arshan

Jun 14, 2017
There are two parts for the "first language" being declared:

1. The most at ease: which keeps my federal points intact.
2. The primary language: which leads to compeletly closing my profile

I feel helpless.. :-((((

SumH12

Apr 11, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
26-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
Med's Done....
12-12-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
There are two parts for the "first language" being declared:

1. The most at ease: which keeps my federal points intact.
2. The primary language: which leads to compeletly closing my profile

I feel helpless.. :-((((
Ontario send NOIs under FSSW only if you have chosen French in both 1 and 2. And if you have minimum CLB 7 in French and minimum CLB 6 in English.

May I ask, your Federal points decrease lower than 67, even though you have CLB 7 in French and minimum CLB 6 in English?

Arshan

Jun 14, 2017
Ontario send NOIs under FSSW only if you have chosen French in both 1 and 2. And if you have minimum CLB 7 in French and minimum CLB 6 in English.

May I ask, your Federal points decrease lower than 67, even though you have CLB 7 in French and minimum CLB 6 in English?
Yes, that's it. I have english CLB 8, and French 7. This means a decrease of 2 points when I replace them.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is their hidden condition to have French as a first language. However you can keep English as communication language.

It is just much easier for them to search through French speakers and find those that speaks English as well than other way around.
In other words nobody bothered to write a script that would be a little bit more intelligent when searching through all those profiles.

Reactions: Arshan

Arshan

Jun 14, 2017
Guys thank u for your helpful comments,

Just an update; I changed my primary language to French, at the same time I used a trick in order not to fall below 67 points and I got the NOI right after. As Vensak said: "nobody bothered to write a script that would be a little bit more intelligent". That had been my lead to find a solution and it worked!! So really no other options other than some tricks for applicants in the same circumstances.

Reactions: Sin99

Arshan

Jun 14, 2017
And a question now: Will Ontario PNP check for Federal Skilled Worker eligibility (the 67 pass mark) when they assess my application against their own program?
I'm asking this coz I am doubtful whether my credentials would gain me 21 or 22 points (which keeps me around the border of 66-67). I am studying to take another certificate in 2 months to ensure that would not cause an issue when I reach to Federal documents submission. But i feel still concerned if the eligibility be checked in PNP phase as well.

Last edited:

cefa

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Guys,I just got an email. it says:

The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program has assessed your Express Entry application to a positive decision. The Program is attempting to issue your nomination through the Express Entry portal.

Your registration in the Express Entry system, including a valid Express Entry number and Job Seeker Validation code, is a requirement of the Human Capital Priorities Stream, the Skilled Trades Stream and the French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).

Please provide the Express Entry number/job seeker validation code for your current profile.

Thank you for your interest in the OINP.

I am super happy. thanks a lot

rhmoreno

Jan 8, 2019
Hi Arshan, could you please clarify one point? What is exactly the trick you mentioned not to lose your 2 points and to remain eligible at the EE profile, after placing French as your primary language?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kind regards, Rafael

Guys thank u for your helpful comments,

Just an update; I changed my primary language to French, at the same time I used a trick in order not to fall below 67 points and I got the NOI right after. As Vensak said: "nobody bothered to write a script that would be a little bit more intelligent". That had been my lead to find a solution and it worked!! So really no other options other than some tricks for applicants in the same circumstances.

Arshan

Jun 14, 2017
Hi Arshan, could you please clarify one point? What is exactly the trick you mentioned not to lose your 2 points and to remain eligible at the EE profile, after placing French as your primary language?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kind regards, Rafael
Hi Rafael,

Actually you have just to add something temporary to your profile such that it compensate the loss. In my case I brought my wife's expected points in IELTS exam which has not yet been done and is scheduled for an upcoming date. After receiving the NOI I switched back my profile to its previous shape which was "English as primary language". You can use another aspects as well such as relatives in Canada, etc. that bring you a few temporary points just to receive the NOI.

Hope it answers your question. Good luck!

rhmoreno

Jan 8, 2019
Hi Rafael,

Actually you have just to add something temporary to your profile such that it compensate the loss. In my case I brought my wife's expected points in IELTS exam which has not yet been done and is scheduled for an upcoming date. After receiving the NOI I switched back my profile to its previous shape which was "English as primary language". You can use another aspects as well such as relatives in Canada, etc. that bring you a few temporary points just to receive the NOI.

Hope it answers your question. Good luck!
Thanks Arshan for your prompt reply!

Good look for you as well!