16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
23-02-2017 / Passed: 12-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
RoseEllie6 said:
Hi guys, so first of all, nice to meet you all, i am new to this forum even though ive been reading it for a while so anyway i just have a quick question regarding the French Stream for Ontario, is it still open and also how long did it take for you guys to receive a notification of interest? I entered EE september 7, i have CLB 10 for both languages French as my first language and English as my second (took both ielts and TEF) and my CSR is 485, do you guys know if i am doing something wrong, should i just wait and might get it eventually or they usually select you in the first few days (you guys seem to have received it very quickly!!)

Anyway thank you for any help or advice you might have, much appreciated!!
it took me 4 days. Give it at least a week. Or else we know something is wrong and they might have closed.

RoseEllie6

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
FRANCE
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
FRANCE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
Doc's Request.
07-12-2016 SCHEDULE A
Nomination.....
OINP FRENCH STREAM - I DECLINED
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
07-12-2016
Med's Request
PASSED
Med's Done....
14-11-2016
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
24-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2017
LANDED..........
12-30-2017
Aal_ said:
it took me 4 days. Give it at least a week. Or else we know something is wrong and they might have closed.
Thank you so much for your answer Aal_ i will follow your advice and congratulations on getting a PNP from Ontario btw !! I will let you know in a week if i still haven't heard anything ! Thanks again, i appreciate it !

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, after much consideration I decided not to choose French as my primary language.
I see that Ontario is really slow with processing the files of the candidates (guys from November 2015 have been waiting for the nomination).
I'll better wait till the cut-off score drops to mine (which is now 471 and will be 496 in February/March/April depending on how they calculate it)...

If meanwhile they send me an EOI, I'll accept it of course (for example, once Human Capital Priorities Stream reopens). But I really would not like to entirely rely on Ontario PNP in my immigration process... Patience is hardly one of the virtues I possess.

nthuynh

Mar 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone
Have you recently updated this news?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/hire/francophone.asp

New: Starting June 1, 2016, French-speaking or bilingual skilled workers who intend to work in a communities outside Quebec may be exempt from a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). Read about the changes.
(But when I click on "Read about the changes" there is no further information) :-X

Is it indeed a new ideal way for us? We all know deep down how hard and expensive an LMIA is.
Imagine: If we try to success in a job interview (Bilingual position) then we only need to persuade the recruiter to send this job offer to CIC visa office in Paris. Include detailed information such as the job title, duties, expected start and end dates, salary and benefits...which is much easier than apply for LMIA. And we will get 600 points for job offer in EE profile, right?

Why do they say "may be"? (not "are") Which condition is required?

Can anyone please confirm? I don't see any discussion on this subject ;)
Many thanks and regards

tanit

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
guys am filling up my application to OOPNP FSSWS

am really nervous about the S.O. (am filling french form eq “N/A” )

says "Please print clearly. All fields in the form must be completed. If questions are not applicable, mark the space with “N/A”."

so it's clearly put "S.O." in every text field that I don't apply to ( example : other name <- what if they consider it S.O. as Name :( )
or in this case : CIC File Number ( don't have any , should i fill it with S.O. ??? )

plz help

Damocles

Jul 22, 2016
Johannesburg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Pretoria?
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Jul-2016
Doc's Request.
09-Dec-2016
Nomination.....
16-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2017 and 03-May-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-Mar-2017
tanit said:
guys am filling up my application to OOPNP FSSWS

am really nervous about the S.O. (am filling french form eq “N/A” )

says "Please print clearly. All fields in the form must be completed. If questions are not applicable, mark the space with “N/A”."

so it's clearly put "S.O." in every text field that I don't apply to ( example : other name <- what if they consider it S.O. as Name :( )
or in this case : CIC File Number ( don't have any , should i fill it with S.O. ??? )

plz help
I believe you should do so. Mark it S.O. They will know what it means. But, plase, don't leave it blank. Good luck!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
nthuynh said:
Hello everyone
Have you recently updated this news?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/hire/francophone.asp
(But when I click on "Read about the changes" there is no further information) :-X

Is it indeed a new ideal way for us? We all know deep down how hard and expensive an LMIA is.
Imagine: If we try to success in a job interview (Bilingual position) then we only need to persuade the recruiter to send this job offer to CIC visa office in Paris. Include detailed information such as the job title, duties, expected start and end dates, salary and benefits...which is much easier than apply for LMIA. And we will get 600 points for job offer in EE profile, right?

Why do they say "may be"? (not "are") Which condition is required?

Can anyone please confirm? I don't see any discussion on this subject ;)
Many thanks and regards
The way I understand it, it is a *temporary* work permit program for francophones that can exempt the LMIA requirement.
The job offer you will get will clearly be temporary and cannot be used for 600 points (which requires the LMIA anyway to attain those points).
This program will allow you to get Canadian work experience to apply as CEC or PNP, but having Canadian + foreign experience and 2 languages (at least one of which is CLB 9 for all) will gain a huge advantage in Express Entry.

hiato

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Hi, I'm preparing to apply under OOPNP French-Speaking Skilled Workers Stream in the next couple of months, and here's my question..

I qualify for all the requirements expect the bachelor degree. My education is a 3 years nursing program (I'm using NOC 3012 for nursing btw).

Any idea if i would still qualify for OOPNP?

hiato

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Can someone please briefly explain the whole process and timelines in a few bullet points? Would be great for all to see just one summarized post that covers everything..

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
hiato said:
Hi, I'm preparing to apply under OOPNP French-Speaking Skilled Workers Stream in the next couple of months, and here's my question..

I qualify for all the requirements expect the bachelor degree. My education is a 3 years nursing program (I'm using NOC 3012 for nursing btw).

Any idea if i would still qualify for OOPNP?
No, you don't, sorry. They are clear and strict on the bachelor degree minimum requirement.

Wait and see IF they change the rules in the 2017 intake.

tunggiang85

Jun 29, 2016
bellaluna said:
No, you don't, sorry. They are clear and strict on the bachelor degree minimum requirement.

Wait and see IF they change the rules in the 2017 intake.
Hi bellaluna,

May I ask how about 3 years bachelor program of economics. I took my bachelor degree in Sweden, and it lasted only 3 years. Is it equivalent to Canada bachelor degree.

Thank you.

hiato

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Hi, my education was all in French. I heard that due to that, I can only apply to Quebec and will be rejected in Ontario/other provinces... Any truth in that?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
tunggiang85 said:
Hi bellaluna,

May I ask how about 3 years bachelor program of economics. I took my bachelor degree in Sweden, and it lasted only 3 years. Is it equivalent to Canada bachelor degree.

Thank you.
I cannot tell, you have to do the ECA evaluation for that. If your ECA comes out as a bachelor's degree Canadian equivalency, then you are qualified.

Or check this preview on the WES site: http://www.wes.org/ca/immigrants/preliminary.asp

hiato said:
Hi, my education was all in French. I heard that due to that, I can only apply to Quebec and will be rejected in Ontario/other provinces... Any truth in that?
Uhm, I don't think that's right. You can apply to other provinces, as long as you do an educational credential assessment (ECA) for your studies. It's just that Ontario currently requires a bachelor's degree equivalence, that's all.
I believe Quebec has their own credential assessment.

Damocles

Jul 22, 2016
Johannesburg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Pretoria?
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Jul-2016
Doc's Request.
09-Dec-2016
Nomination.....
16-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2017 and 03-May-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-Mar-2017
Updated List -> Added Redlar
-----------------------------------------

[size=10pt]Total Number of Applicants
[td][size=10pt] Number of AORs Received [/td][td][size=10pt]Number of Nominations [/td][td][size=10pt]Number of applications Returned[/td]

[tr][td]
[size=10pt]25
[/td][td]
[size=10pt]7
[/td][td]
[size=10pt]0
[/td][td]
[size=10pt]1
[/td][/tr]

Forum Name NOC Docs@OINP AOR Date Nomination Date Additional Info / comments
1. rajkamalmohanram ...... 05-Nov-2015 11-Feb-16 Pending Human Capital Priority Stream
2. BC4life ...... 20-Oct-2015 11-Mar-16 Pending
3. figaro2 ...... 25-Jan-2016 20-Aug-16 Pending File returned and Resubmitted on 17-Jul-16
4. blebelle 6221 14-Apr-2016 26-Aug-16 Pending
5. fcabirol 0213 14-Apr-2016 22-Aug-16 Pending
6. aniclb ...... 07-Jun-2016 02-Sep-16 Pending
7. superfly ...... unknown Pending Pending PT Notification of Interest from OINP on 24-May-2016
8. Damocles 2133 05-Jul-2016 Pending Pending
9. Aishach 1223 08-Jul-2016 Pending Pending
10. julientran 3131 18-Jul-2016 19-Aug-16 Pending
11. mkayy89 ...... 20-Jul-2016 Pending Pending
12. Armovasa 2153 03-Aug-2016 Pending Pending
13. sofrofro 4163 26-Aug-2016 Pending Pending
14. maleeksha 2173 29-Aug-2016 Pending Pending
15. luc1992 ...... in process Pending Pending PT Notification of Interest from OINP on 18-Jul-2016
16. Aal_ ...... in process Pending Pending PT Notification of Interest from OINP on 28-Aug-2016
17. bingolion ...... in process Pending Pending PT Notification of Interest from OINP on 28-Aug-2016
18. nthuynh 1112 in process Pending Pending PT Notification of Interest from OINP on 29-Aug-2016
19. Redlar 0121 05-Sep-2016 Pending Pending PT Notification of Interest from OINP on 25-Jul-2016
20. Dedicated ...... Not yet sent Pending Pending Awaiting PT Notification of Interest from OINP
21. Christina4 ...... Not yet sent Pending Pending Awaiting PT Notification of Interest from OINP
22. BlackJeans ...... Not yet sent Pending Pending Awaiting PT Notification of Interest from OINP
23. tanit ...... Not yet sent Pending Pending Awaiting PT Notification of Interest from OINP
24. betty44 ...... Not yet sent Pending Pending Has DELF level B2 and getting ready for TEF. NOI pending
25. blackbear88 ...... No EE Profile yet Pending Pending TEF scheduled in April 2017 and EE profile to follow

redlar

Aug 24, 2016
RABAT
Category........
Visa Office......
RABAT
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,
I am on the FSW program and sent my application on the 2nd of September but I have a concern regarding the proof of funds. I didnt have the necessary funds on my bank accounts so as a proof of funds, I sent the following documents:
- bank statements (5.000 $)
- Automatic bank wires starting September 1st showing that I engage myself to send each month 1.000 $ to a saving account (I have also sent the one of my wife)
- promise of gift deed (notarial) from my father with a sum of 18.000 $ within the next 3 months,
- expert certificate of the value of my 2 cars that I actually own (an overall price of 15.000 $),
- Certificate from my actual job employer stating that once I leave my actual job, I will get an X amount as a legal departure package

The overall amount will definitely exceed the minimum requirements from Ontario (18.000 $). Do you think that it could work out as proof of funds?

Thanks in advance for your answers