Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-Mar-2017
PonJoub said:
Hello Damocles,

Sorry for the late update ...

FYI and to update the list,
I got my application package returned because OINP mentioned that the bank draft was missing with my application. However, I actually did the payment through Postal Money Order (from France) and joined the Postal Money Order payment receipt to my application. But they clearly rejected this method of payment despite it is mentioned in the OINP guide and OINP application form that we can also do the payment through Postal Money Order. They put a post-it on my Postal Money Order receipt that "Bank draft is missing".
They gave me 30 extra days to re-submit my complete application.
Anyway, I did not want to argue with OINP stating that the payment was done through Postal Money Order etc ... etc .. It would have been a waste of time.
So, I have managed to get a bank draft from Bank of Montreal in Canada thanks to a friend over there and I have joined it to my new application (I do not know why but, in France, it seems impossible to have a bank draft or Demand Draft in foreign currency ...)

As a recap for the list timeline :
- 1st application received by OINP on 20th September
- Package returned and received by me on 28th September
- 2nd application sent from France on 10th October (by Fedex) and "normally" received by OINP on 12th October.
- Now pending AOR ... hope this time everything will be fine ...

Just a note for the ones that would/could be in similar situation, as an advice received from maleeksha => Do not just re-send your returned application with the missing document(s)... When you send back your 2nd application, update all the possible documentation at the date of your new submission ...

Will keep you posted on any further development.

Thanks.
Cheers
Hi PonJoub,

Did you get ITA from the 45th draw that happened today??The CRS cut-off was 475. I believe you did. If so Congratulations!!!.

maleeksha

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
PNP
Hello Ponjoub,
I'm sure you got a direct ITA. All the best for the rest of the journey.
Hope you get your $1500 back.
Good luck!

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just got my PT from Ontario today. That is 3 days after activating my EE. Next steps are to prepare whole package and send it out.

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
23-02-2017 / Passed: 12-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
vensak said:
I just got my PT from Ontario today. That is 3 days after activating my EE. Next steps are to prepare whole package and send it out.
Congrats buddy, told u you would get it.

Now I wish we can see nominations, and my AOR this week!

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aal_ said:
Congrats buddy, told u you would get it.

Now I wish we can see nominations, and my AOR this week!
Thanks a lot. And I think they will go faster now, because they did lot of nominations on Human stream (the one with 400+ points) and last time they were still saying that quota for French speakers is not closed yet.

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
vensak said:
Thanks a lot. And I think they will go faster now, because they did lot of nominations on Human stream (the one with 400+ points) and last time they were still saying that quota for French speakers is not closed yet.
So do u think they will give french stream nominations for everyone before end of year to satisfy the quota?

You know since they are still giving out interest letters it means they haven't filled the 275 people they want. IT would be amazing if they would just give us all nominations before end of year!

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aal_ said:
So do u think they will give french stream nominations for everyone before end of year to satisfy the quota?

You know since they are still giving out interest letters it means they haven't filled the 275 people they want. IT would be amazing if they would just give us all nominations before end of year!
Honestly here I do not know.
I am only guessing. From what they said that their quota for 2016 was full. At the same time their French stream is opened. This can mean following:
1. they have enough applicants to fill quota totally. In that case whoever they take now will be finished next year.
2. They have enough applicants to fill non French quota but not those with French quota. In which case the other streams will go on halt until 2017 as they will reach assessed applicants for this year, and then French stream can jump forward other applicants since quota is not filled in there yet.
It can also be that they dared to accept French stream also for 2017 (as it is very small one) while waiting for official quota for 2017 (they still have some idea what will it be more or less) and from that on they will calculate how many nominations will be still reopened for all other streams.

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
I think they said that french stream quota was not reached yet for 2016 but human priorities yes.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aal_ said:
I think they said that french stream quota was not reached yet for 2016 but human priorities yes.
Yes that is what I have understood on webinar as well. But again i do not know how close were they to that quota and if they consider anybody with French language (even under other stream) to count under their %.
I also do not know if ever they reached it in mean time and they are already taking people for 2017. In any case we can see things moving faster during last 2 months on all streams.

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
Oh yeah I forgot that people from the other stream might have french as well. In the interest letter they don't say anything about the stream. Let's just hope that we all get in very soon.

PonJoub

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-12-2016
Med's Done....
12-12-2016
Passport Req..
22-05-2017
Damocles said:
Hi PonJoub,

Did you get ITA from the 45th draw that happened today??The CRS cut-off was 475. I believe you did. If so Congratulations!!!.
maleeksha said:
Hello Ponjoub,
I'm sure you got a direct ITA. All the best for the rest of the journey.
Hope you get your $1500 back.
Good luck!
Hello Damocles and Maleeksha,
Thank you for your messages !:)
Indeed, very very very good surprise today! I have received the ITA :)
Yes, in addition to the ITA process, I have to check in the forum how to stop the OINP process and how to get back the 1500 CAD from OINP ...
In any case, thanks for your messages and advices/comments when I needed it ;)
Hope you will hear good news from OINP soon as well. Wish you All the very best as well ;)
We keep in touch on further developments and tips/experiences that will happen through this Canada immigration project ;)
Cheers

deep_blue77

Oct 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Damocles,
Hello All,

Would you kindly add me to the list please?

And here's my timeline up until now. Hope it gives an idea to our friends in here. But couldn't manage to put them on my signature, nor even adding an avatar to my profile. Guess I'm stupid or something. ;D

NOC: 5125 + 5231
CRS: 404 (old and fat)
EE Profile Created : 15/08/2016
PT NOI: 15/08/2016 (huh? like 3 hrs after finishing the EE Profile and Job Bank things :eek: couldn't believe it at first)
Package sent to OINP: 21/09/2016
Package received: 23/09/2016
Package returned due to missing 1 page of passport copy: 03/10/2016 :-[ I'm definitely stupid.
Package re-sent: 05/10/2016 (UPS loves me now)
Package received: 07/10/2016
AOR: Waiting... :-X

Many thanks and good luck to all of us.

maleeksha

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
PNP
deep_blue77 said:
Hello Damocles,
Hello All,

Would you kindly add me to the list please?
Welcome DeepBlue! Thanks for sharing. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I think you can update signature only when you have "aged" a bit on the forum.

Which one do you think is the stupidest missing 1 passport page or failing to write name & DOB at the back of the photos? :p

Someday, I'll create a post on reasons for returned app! ;D

deep_blue77

Oct 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maleeksha said:
Welcome DeepBlue! Thanks for sharing. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I think you can update signature only when you have "aged" a bit on the forum.

Which one do you think is the stupidest missing 1 passport page or failing to write name & DOB at the back of the photos? :p

Someday, I'll create a post on reasons for returned app! ;D
Dear Maleeksha,

I guess you're right, I should mature a bit in the forum before being able to do rocket science on my settings. ;D

Regarding stupid things we've done during our application, I totally agree with you. Because of the sudden rush to dispatch the package to the carrier and because of the adrenaline and excitement, sometimes we do overlook even the basic things like signing the form, writing the DOB on the back of pictures or double/triple checking all the documents like passport, cheque etc before packing.

But at the end, hoping that our experiences (good or bad) will contribute to and help all of our friends in here.

Well, you know, good judgement comes from experience... and experience comes from bad judgment ;D

Thanks for your warm welcome maleeksha and greetings to all our friends. May the Force be with us all! 8)

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deep_blue77 said:
Dear Maleeksha,

I guess you're right, I should mature a bit in the forum before being able to do rocket science on my settings. ;D

Regarding stupid things we've done during our application, I totally agree with you. Because of the sudden rush to dispatch the package to the carrier and because of the adrenaline and excitement, sometimes we do overlook even the basic things like signing the form, writing the DOB on the back of pictures or double/triple checking all the documents like passport, cheque etc before packing.

But at the end, hoping that our experiences (good or bad) will contribute to and help all of our friends in here.

Well, you know, good judgement comes from experience... and experience comes from bad judgment ;D

Thanks for your warm welcome maleeksha and greetings to all our friends. May the Force be with us all! 8)

I do understand that. I am undergoing the same now. I had to wait 8 month for ICAS ECA (unable to activate my EE) and suddenly things are moving just within days. So I am just curious what mistakes will I do.
Best luck to all.