AOR Received.
26-Jan-2017 and 03-May-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-Mar-2017
wiliam2701 said:
Hello everyone,
How can I provide my info so you can update the list? juste post it hear?
=> added your details on the list on page 23. Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing! To confirm the answer to your question by Aal_, the 400 CRS points only apply to the Human Capital Priority Stream, not to the French Skilled Worker Program. You can see that I have a CRS of 321 and still got a PT NOI and an AoR. Just a question. Did you attach the copy of your WES ECA report when you submitted your application? I want to understand why you have been requested to submit your ECA report and I haven't. (not yet anyway - I did attach a copy with my application). should I preempt OINP and request WES to send a copy directly to them?

wiliam2701

Aug 27, 2016
Damocles said:
=> added your details on the list on page 23. Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing! To confirm the answer to your question by Aal_, the 400 CRS points only apply to the Human Capital Priority Stream, not to the French Skilled Worker Program. You can see that I have a CRS of 321 and still got a PT NOI and an AoR. Just a question. Did you attach the copy of your WES ECA report when you submitted your application? I want to understand why you have been requested to submit your ECA report and I haven't. (not yet anyway - I did attach a copy with my application). should I preempt OINP and request WES to send a copy directly to them?
Well, I attached a copy when I submitted my application, and they confirmed that, they sent me an email telling me you provided a copy of your ECA report and in order to verify the report we require you to autorize WES to share the report.
So you don't need to request WES to send a copy until they ask you to do this, I don't know if they require vefification for all applicant or not.

Damocles

Jul 22, 2016
Johannesburg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Pretoria?
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Jul-2016
Doc's Request.
09-Dec-2016
Nomination.....
16-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-Mar-2017
Thanks man for your prompt reply.Good luck for the rest of the nomination process!

Damocles

Jul 22, 2016
Johannesburg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Pretoria?
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Jul-2016
Doc's Request.
09-Dec-2016
Nomination.....
16-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-Mar-2017
wiliam2701 said:
Thank you man, have you any idea how long we have to wait until getting nomination
No idea :-X.
I am just guessing and hoping it might be before the end of the year ( when the new quota for 2017 for Ontario will been allocated)

maleeksha

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
PNP
Hello Damocles,
I suggest that you order the WES copy to be sent directly to OINP right away. Please check the 11th Jan communique here : http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html
It says that you have to order a duplicate WES copy. Applicants from Nov/Dec have been asked to do it. You can confirm same with Raj. It might unnecessarily delay things for you later.

I have included a copy of the ECA report along with a copy of the receipt for the new WES order in my application package.

Damocles said:
I want to understand why you have been requested to submit your ECA report and I haven't. (not yet anyway - I did attach a copy with my application). should I preempt OINP and request WES to send a copy directly to them?

Damocles

Jul 22, 2016
Johannesburg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Pretoria?
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Jul-2016
Doc's Request.
09-Dec-2016
Nomination.....
16-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-Mar-2017
maleeksha said:
Hello Damocles,
I suggest that you order the WES copy to be sent directly to OINP right away. Please check the 11th Jan communique here : http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html
It says that you have to order a duplicate WES copy. Applicants from Nov/Dec have been asked to do it. You can confirm same with Raj. It might unnecessarily delay things for you later.

I have included a copy of the ECA report along with a copy of the receipt for the new WES order in my application package.
Thanks Maleeksha. I will do that. +1 to you

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From what I see at that website, only applicants with ECA from ICAS do not have to ask ICAS to share information directly with Ontario. They just have to submit their copy of ECA together with the file. Can anybody confirm it? Thank you.

PonJoub

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-12-2016
Med's Done....
12-12-2016
Passport Req..
22-05-2017
Hello Damocles,

Sorry for the late update ...

FYI and to update the list,
I got my application package returned because OINP mentioned that the bank draft was missing with my application. However, I actually did the payment through Postal Money Order (from France) and joined the Postal Money Order payment receipt to my application. But they clearly rejected this method of payment despite it is mentioned in the OINP guide and OINP application form that we can also do the payment through Postal Money Order. They put a post-it on my Postal Money Order receipt that "Bank draft is missing".
They gave me 30 extra days to re-submit my complete application.
Anyway, I did not want to argue with OINP stating that the payment was done through Postal Money Order etc ... etc .. It would have been a waste of time.
So, I have managed to get a bank draft from Bank of Montreal in Canada thanks to a friend over there and I have joined it to my new application (I do not know why but, in France, it seems impossible to have a bank draft or Demand Draft in foreign currency ...)

As a recap for the list timeline :
- 1st application received by OINP on 20th September
- Package returned and received by me on 28th September
- 2nd application sent from France on 10th October (by Fedex) and "normally" received by OINP on 12th October.
- Now pending AOR ... hope this time everything will be fine ...

Just a note for the ones that would/could be in similar situation, as an advice received from maleeksha => Do not just re-send your returned application with the missing document(s)... When you send back your 2nd application, update all the possible documentation at the date of your new submission ...

Will keep you posted on any further development.

Thanks.
Cheers

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PonJoub said:
Hello Damocles,

I got my application package returned because OINP mentioned that the bank draft was missing with my application. However, I actually did the payment through Postal Money Order (from France) and joined the Postal Money Order payment receipt to my application. But they clearly rejected this method of payment despite it is mentioned in the OINP guide and OINP application form that we can also do the payment through Postal Money Order. They put a post-it on my Postal Money Order receipt that "Bank draft is missing".
Anyway, I did not want to argue with OINP stating that the payment was done through Postal Money Order etc ... etc .. It would have been a waste of time.
So, I have managed to get a bank draft from Bank of Montreal in Canada thanks to a friend over there and I have joined it to my new application (I do not know why but, in France, it seems impossible to have a bank draft or Demand Draft in foreign currency ...)

- 2nd application sent from France on 10th October (by Fedex) and "normally" received by OINP on 12th October.

Just a note for the ones that would/could be in similar situation, as an advice received from maleeksha => Do not just re-send your returned application with the missing document(s)... When you send back your 2nd application, update all the possible documentation at the date of your new submission ...

Thanks.
Cheers
Thanks a lot for this information. Just for the clarification, as the payment itself will be the most fun part, do they actually accept bank drafts from foreign banks? Can anybody else state what payment method did they successfully used.
Because personally I think, that people in the bank will look at me as on some alien, when I walk in and I will be asking for bank draft in CAD. ( I am currently sitting in Europe and at very best I can go up to Germany or France in order to deal with this problem.
Thank you in advance for advice.

PonJoub

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-12-2016
Med's Done....
12-12-2016
Passport Req..
22-05-2017
vensak said:
Thanks a lot for this information. Just for the clarification, as the payment itself will be the most fun part, do they actually accept bank drafts from foreign banks? Can anybody else state what payment method did they successfully used.
Because personally I think, that people in the bank will look at me as on some alien, when I walk in and I will be asking for bank draft in CAD. ( I am currently sitting in Europe and at very best I can go up to Germany or France in order to deal with this problem.
Hello vensak,

Not sure whether this can help you but this is what Raj told me through p.m. few days ago ... (when I had asked him how he did the payment).
***QUOTE***
I am from India and I was issued a DD (Demand Draft) by ICICI bank. That was accepted because my bank had a tie-up with the Bank of Montreal. You can ask your friend to get a draft done from there
***UNQUOTE***

So, just to put the above back in the context and to avoid any misunderstanding => It seems that Raj's bank in India could issue Demand Draft and was accepted because his bank in India has a tie-up with Bank of Montreal. But I am not sure whether this criteria is absolutely a must. Maybe some other guys with successful AOR could share their experience ...
Then, as I told him that I have a friend in Montreal that could help me to get a bank draft in Canada with Bank of Montreal (BMO) => he told me that I could ask my friend to get the bank draft in Canada with BMO and send it to me to join it with my new application.

Indeed, it would be interesting to have feedbacks on the method of payment used by the applicants in this thread.

But for what I have experienced ... in France, I went to 4 different banks and they all told me that they cannot issue bank draft or demand draft in CAD and that bank draft can only be issued to professionals/companies (not private individuals) or otherwise they all require the bank details of OINP in order to do a bank transfer ...

Hope the above could help ...
Cheers

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have found in one other topic, that travellers cheques might work. I will try that with my bank. Another one was hinting, that maybe Western union can do one of the required money transfer.
If only we could do just normal bank transfer that would make my day much much more easier.

maleeksha

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
PNP
I easily got the bank draft from my local bank. They transfer it via a bank in Canada.
They took it as completely 'normal'. Guess there must be lots of people doing it here!.
I printed the exact wording from the application guide for payment and presented it to the lady at the bank.

BTW, I did same for the photographs specs. Presented the photo specs from the guide to the photo studio. I should have presented the specs from the guide to myself, where it said that the name & DOB should be written at the back of the photo :p

vensak said:

Damocles

Jul 22, 2016
Johannesburg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Pretoria?
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Jul-2016
Doc's Request.
09-Dec-2016
Nomination.....
16-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-Mar-2017
PonJoub said:
Hello Damocles,

Thanks.
Cheers
Thanks PonJoub for the update. I am sorry to hear about the delay to your application. I will update the list shortly. All the best for this time around!

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maleeksha said:
I easily got the bank draft from my local bank. They transfer it via a bank in Canada.
They took it as completely 'normal'. Guess there must be lots of people doing it here!.
I printed the exact wording from the application guide for payment and presented it to the lady at the bank.

BTW, I did same for the photographs specs. Presented the photo specs from the guide to the photo studio. I should have presented the specs from the guide to myself, where it said that the name & DOB should be written at the back of the photo :p
I will check with my bank what can they do. So far I did not find this possibility in service offers over here. The most common payment is standard bank card payment or bank transfer. We never really had cheque books over here (over banks went directly for the payment cards).
Plus usually for most of the services they do require more details of the Money reciever (address, bank account...).