+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OOPNP French-Speaking Skilled Workers Stream

mooncef

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Salut Mooncef et Bienvenue dans la "piscine" (ahahah)
Voici un petit recap de ce dont tu as besoin pour remplir les conditions de l'Ontario Immigration Program pour French Speaking Skilled Worker

Criteria for Permanent Residence in Canada (Canada Immigration and Citizenship -CIC)
via Ontario Immigration Nominee Program (OINP) French Speaking Skilled Worker

1 - Languages - to check which band you are in, check the website :
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-tool.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp

French : CLB 7 - looking at your marks, you should be good
Comprehension ecrite : score 278/300 niveau C2 10 --> equivalent to CLB 10
Comprehension orale : score 343/360 Niveau C2 10 --> equivalent to CLB 10
Expression ecrite : score 344/450 niveau B2 7 --> equivalent to CLB 7
Expression orale : score 361/450 niveau C1 8 --> equivalent to CLB 8

English: CLB 6 - looking good as well
R:7 --> equivalent to CLB 9
L:5.5 --> equivalent to CLB 6
W:6.5 --> equivalent to CLB 8
S : 8.5 --> equivalent to CLB 10

2 - NOC must be 0, A or B : work for 1 year

3 - Minimum Bachelor equivalence (you need ECA report IF you dont have a Canadian degree)

4 - Fund : check http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
for 1 person only you need to prove you have at least $12,300 CAD

5 - Be eligible for Foreign Skill Worked Program (under CIC)
minimum 67 points out of 100 via 6 Selections Factor below.
You need to check in context of your own background / profile :)

Factor 1 : 1st Language French
2nd Language English
Factor 2: Education
Factor 3: Work Experience
Factor 4: Age
Factor 5: Arranged Employment in Canada
Factor 6: Adaptability

Hope it helps ! If you have all 5 steps above, you should be eligible for OINP French Speaking Skilled Worker Nomination.
Now what to do ?

1 - If you are serious about getting PR, you must get your ECA report asap if you need one - if you dont have a Canadian degree
2 - Wait and hope for an invitation from Ontario Province to apply for OINP FSSW - it normally comes few days after you created your EE profile. Note : ensure your job bank profile is ACTIVE and linked to your EE account
3 - Ensure your profile in Express Entry Pool is properly updated (eg put FRENCH as your first language, and ensure you have selected ALL province / ONTARIO province for your preferred destination)
4 - read read read more the forum if you need help
5 - post if need be :)

Good Luck !
Merci ! i receive my notification of interrest for ontario !
now my question is :
-Since one employer does no longer exist i have no way to get reference letter and all the stuff required for OINP , this experience is less than one year though so i wonder if i should just omit it from my EE profile all together and also OINP ! which will produce a gap of one year idle !

magicangmoh

Jan 30, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Merci ! i receive my notification of interrest for ontario !
now my question is :
-Since one employer does no longer exist i have no way to get reference letter and all the stuff required for OINP , this experience is less than one year though so i wonder if i should just omit it from my EE profile all together and also OINP ! which will produce a gap of one year idle !
Congratulations mooncef.

My advice
1 - do not omit / do not hide missing information. In other words, be very honest and open about the fact the the employer does not exist anymore. Having a one year "gap" is not helping to make your overall application credible. As much as I was able to, I really gave a full 10 years history month by month :)

2 - can you provide some documents proving that company stopped activities? eg from register of commerce screenshots ? do you have pay slips proving you worked there ? do you have Income tax proving the salary you received etc..

3 - I would write a letter of explanation part of your OINP application under the work history section in which you explain " I worked for xxx from xx/xxxx to xx/xxxx for a total period of xx months. My main duties were xxxxx unfortunately the company having closed down since then, I cannot get a reference letter from my previous employer. However, please find attached all documents presenting my job description / my duties / salary pay slip / tax income declaration that I can found to present my activities/job duties while working at xxx"

In my own personal case, one of my previous employer for which I worked for more than 8 years did NOT provided me with a reference letter.
I couldnt justify my job description per se etc.. but I asked my employer to at least provide a JUSTIFICATION WHY they do NOT want to provide me a letter - which they did: they quoted " per their internal procedure, they do not produce such document"

However, I had kept my yearly appraisals / my managers assessment of my performance / pay slips / income tax etc..which I compiled and submitted to OINP! OINP accepted my justification and this "missing" required item was not a show stopper to my nomination :)

Be Transparent and Honest about your application details. Just remember that Immigration Officer from OINP or CIC are humans like you and me...they have seen thousands of cases before ours. And they do know that sometimes, we cannot get ALL the information they would need. But at least our duties is to show to them we did our best to get as much information as we could for their review.

All the best !

magicangmoh

Jan 30, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Génial! Très vite et sans doute bien fait! Courage et bonne chance avec le reste des étapes!
Merci ! oui je vous updaterai tous des que le dossier CIC bouge... Wait and See :)

mooncef

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Congratulations mooncef.

My advice
1 - do not omit / do not hide missing information. In other words, be very honest and open about the fact the the employer does not exist anymore. Having a one year "gap" is not helping to make your overall application credible. As much as I was able to, I really gave a full 10 years history month by month :)

2 - can you provide some documents proving that company stopped activities? eg from register of commerce screenshots ? do you have pay slips proving you worked there ? do you have Income tax proving the salary you received etc..

3 - I would write a letter of explanation part of your OINP application under the work history section in which you explain " I worked for xxx from xx/xxxx to xx/xxxx for a total period of xx months. My main duties were xxxxx unfortunately the company having closed down since then, I cannot get a reference letter from my previous employer. However, please find attached all documents presenting my job description / my duties / salary pay slip / tax income declaration that I can found to present my activities/job duties while working at xxx"

In my own personal case, one of my previous employer for which I worked for more than 8 years did NOT provided me with a reference letter.
I couldnt justify my job description per se etc.. but I asked my employer to at least provide a JUSTIFICATION WHY they do NOT want to provide me a letter - which they did: they quoted " per their internal procedure, they do not produce such document"

However, I had kept my yearly appraisals / my managers assessment of my performance / pay slips / income tax etc..which I compiled and submitted to OINP! OINP accepted my justification and this "missing" required item was not a show stopper to my nomination :)

Be Transparent and Honest about your application details. Just remember that Immigration Officer from OINP or CIC are humans like you and me...they have seen thousands of cases before ours. And they do know that sometimes, we cannot get ALL the information they would need. But at least our duties is to show to them we did our best to get as much information as we could for their review.

All the best !
Je vous remerci infinnement pour cette reponse sincere ! j'ai une suite de questions je forumle en francais puisque la plupars ici sont censés comprendre :D
-en supposant que vous venez d'un pays francophone , vous avez utilisé un model definit de la lettre de recommendation ? je cherche un modele pour faciliter la tache pour mon employeur et eviter la confusion ! les gens ici sont pas trés "patients" =)
-je compte faire un acte de don et recevoir la totalité de la somme de funds de mes beaux parents , est ce qu'il suffit de faire un virement bancaire plus affidavit chez notaire ? versement de la somme en liquide ca passe aussi ?
- est il possible de redemander une copie de contrat de travail d'un ancien employeur en cas de perte ?

Merci d'avance et pourvu que ce thread reste enrichissant , vous savez pas a quel point ca aide !

Rover1

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017
Doc's Request.
17-05-2017
Nomination.....
30-05-2017
AOR Received.
03-07-2017
File Transfer...
03-07-2017
Med's Done....
01-07-2017
same here "decision in progress" yesterday : 44 days submitted and 57 days Assessment :(
but no ECA request , since we applied (in my case on the 6th of Feb) before the april 28 guide update , they should not ask for a ECA copy/access ( mine is WES ) , in their guide of the initial e-system , we were asked to provide a copy of the ECA report. ( they never asked for an extra copy from WES , neither an acces from CES or MCC ) ,
anyhow , good luck , hope they don't ask me for a copy, cos it's gonna be a crazy time loss ( WES sending paper based mail )

let me guess Rover1 , you sent your files in french !
Hello Tanit,

Any update from OINP?

Rover1

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017
Doc's Request.
17-05-2017
Nomination.....
30-05-2017
AOR Received.
03-07-2017
File Transfer...
03-07-2017
Med's Done....
01-07-2017
Yes the salary was paid to the bank. I am now in touch with the bank so they can release a stamped statement. I've also contacted my employer. They say they can try and write the pay slips. I'm hoping to receive these two documents and submit them together for OINP cross checking...
Hello Paul
Have you been able to submit the requested documents?

PaulRich

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2017
Doc's Request.
15-05-2017
Nomination.....
27-05-2017
Hello Paul
Have you been able to submit the requested documents?
Hello,

Yes I have. Now it's showing "decision in progress". I hope we won't have to wait so long again!

Thanks

Rover1

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017
Doc's Request.
17-05-2017
Nomination.....
30-05-2017
AOR Received.
03-07-2017
File Transfer...
03-07-2017
Med's Done....
01-07-2017
Hello,

Yes I have. Now it's showing "decision in progress". I hope we won't have to wait so long again!

Thanks
Great!

Lets hope June is our month!

Rover1

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017
Doc's Request.
17-05-2017
Nomination.....
30-05-2017
AOR Received.
03-07-2017
File Transfer...
03-07-2017
Med's Done....
01-07-2017

PaulRich

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2017
Doc's Request.
15-05-2017
Nomination.....
27-05-2017

Rover1

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017
Doc's Request.
17-05-2017
Nomination.....
30-05-2017
AOR Received.
03-07-2017
File Transfer...
03-07-2017
Med's Done....
01-07-2017
Congrats! I am assuming "approved" means "nominated" right?
Yes, got a message on CIC requesting me to accept or reject the offer.
600 additional points will follow within 24 hours

PaulRich

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2017
Doc's Request.
15-05-2017
Nomination.....
27-05-2017
Yes, got a message on CIC requesting me to accept or reject the offer.
600 additional points will follow within 24 hours
Fantastic! You were hopeful today and you were right! Mine has not changed yet but I feel positive:)

Reactions: Rover1