+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OOPNP application got a negative decision

Chaoen

Apr 17, 2015
Hi,

Unfortunately, I got a negative decision through OOPNP nomination application. I applied it in the US. And the reasons are listed as follows, but actually it is not true except the first two statements. I sent them a formal response about the intent to reside and work in ON as requested, but they just neglect it. I don't know what I should do? Is it necessary to request reconsideration? What is the chance to get nomination at the end? In addition, I was told that the timeline for reconsideration is almost 6 months. It is terrible. Any suggestions are highly appreciated!

 You are currently employed as a biologist at XX University. Your contract is for two years, from XX, 2014 to January 31, 2016.
 Your baby was born in U.S. on February xx, 2015
 You responded to our email, sent September 24, 2015, by telephone as you stated you
will not send a formal response. Our email outlined our concerns of your intent to reside and work in Ontario and requested supporting documents, such as proof of job search
 You stated you did not try to look for jobs in Ontario because the economy was not good, that the economy was better in America
 You stated you will return to Ontario only if OINP grants the nomination
Based on a balance of probability, I am not satisfied that you intend to permanently reside and work in Ontario.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Chaoen said:
Hi,

Unfortunately, I got a negative decision through OOPNP nomination application. I applied it in the US. And the reasons are listed as follows, but actually it is not true except the first two statements. I sent them a formal response about the intent to reside and work in ON as requested, but they just neglect it. I don't know what I should do? Is it necessary to request reconsideration? What is the chance to get nomination at the end? In addition, I was told that the timeline for reconsideration is almost 6 months. It is terrible. Any suggestions are highly appreciated!

 You are currently employed as a biologist at XX University. Your contract is for two years, from XX, 2014 to January 31, 2016.
 You responded to our email, sent September 24, 2015, by telephone as you stated you
will not send a formal response. Our email outlined our concerns of your intent to reside and work in Ontario and requested supporting documents, such as proof of job search
 You stated you did not try to look for jobs in Ontario because the economy was not good, that the economy was better in America
Based on a balance of probability, I am not satisfied that you intend to permanently reside and work in Ontario.
Sorry to hear about the negative decision about your file.

Can you please tell me that when did you receive this email from OINP office ?

audrey888

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chaoen said:
Hi,

Sorry to hear the bad news. Did you receive a verification call prior to their requested formal response from you or only email correspondence? You're telling that the last 3 statements are false, how did the officer come out with the final decision and where did he get those information?
I suggest that you send them reconsideration letter and prove your interest to live and work in the province.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Wow. Sorry about this.

I suggest you request reconsideration with supporting documents/evidence.

This can dampen your spirit but keep the hope alive!

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Chaoen said:
Hi,

Assuming the third statement is true from their PoV (although you say it isn't) it seems they sent you a mail on 24th Sept'15 to provide them with more documented proof of your intent to stay and work in ON such as job search etc. (not sure though what kind of proof of job-search they are looking for, and who consciously preserves such proofs, i wonder)and you did not respond to them in writing with your renewed interest to move there permanently, hence they deemed it fit to reject your application.

As as per 4th statement you seem to have responded to them (by phone) that you didn't show much interest to move & work there as the economy in US was better than Canada, and probably that hurt their sentiments.

This is cruel, i must admit...Hope better sense prevails at CIC.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I remember you and your case from when you first wrote about the supporting documents request, and my opinion was that for you to prove that you intend to reside in Ontario, you have to prove stronger ties to ON, i.e an official, binding document like a lease agreement.

I think this happened because your ties in the neighboring US are strong, and for all OINP knows, you could easily settle back in the US because you have shown that you've established yourself there.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I am very sorry this happened to you.

Well, why does the letter mention this?

You responded to our email, sent September 24, 2015, by telephone as you stated you
You stated you did not try to look for jobs in Ontario because the economy was not good, that the economy was better in America
You stated you will return to Ontario only if OINP grants the nomination​

You say you never mentioned any of these. In that case, I think that they have misunderstood whatever you have said.

I suggest you to send them a very polite mail telling you did not mean to say any of these and you intend to reside in Ontario.

May I also ask, what was the content of your intent/reasons to settle letter? How long was it? What did you include in there?

They cannot simply arrive at this conclusion and state these reasons when you have not told them any such thing. Try to get your application re-considered. Just write a polite email. When you send in a reconsideration request, an officer who is superior to the one who evaluated your application AND who was NOT involved in the previous decision will take a fresh look at the application and then announce his decision.

So, you can try. All the very best. Good luck!

mathewredfearn

May 10, 2015
Hi,

My application was refused back in July. You have the right to appeal the desision but this can only be done via email and will take 120 days from the day they receive it. In my case I didn't recieve and emails or phone calls asking for more evidence I was just denied. There reason was they didn't feel I was doing the job I said I was doing (which I was). I have a letter of employment from my head office with my job and duties as listed off the NOC website, contract I signed when I started the job, official job description from the company (same as NOC duties), pay stubs from the last 2 years all with the same job title on.

I strongly fell they made a huge mistake. As a result of me having to wait 120 days for a reconsideration I was unable to get a bridging visa, lost my job in Canada, now here as a visitor, spent all my savings living here waiting, have to leave the contry at the end of the month because I can no longer afford to live here. I've lived in Canada for the last 2.5 years and will be living my girlfriend of 2 years and all my friends behind.

It's a very poorly run system but there is nothing more we can do but wait and hope that when they get around to looking at our reconsideration that they see the mistake and don't just back there self up.

xlnzee

Oct 6, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mathewredfearn said:
Hi,

My application was refused back in July. You have the right to appeal the desision but this can only be done via email and will take 120 days from the day they receive it. In my case I didn't recieve and emails or phone calls asking for more evidence I was just denied. There reason was they didn't feel I was doing the job I said I was doing (which I was). I have a letter of employment from my head office with my job and duties as listed off the NOC website, contract I signed when I started the job, official job description from the company (same as NOC duties), pay stubs from the last 2 years all with the same job title on.

I strongly fell they made a huge mistake. As a result of me having to wait 120 days for a reconsideration I was unable to get a bridging visa, lost my job in Canada, now here as a visitor, spent all my savings living here waiting, have to leave the contry at the end of the month because I can no longer afford to live here. I've lived in Canada for the last 2.5 years and will be living my girlfriend of 2 years and all my friends behind.

It's a very poorly run system but there is nothing more we can do but wait and hope that when they get around to looking at our reconsideration that they see the mistake and don't just back there self up.
OMG! I am so sorry to hear your story, I did read about your rejection in another thread but did not know it was this bad. I really feel bad that this has happened to you and really wish something comes up and you hear good news before the worse happens. Take care.

mathewredfearn

May 10, 2015
Thank you, I've come to terms with the fact that there's nothing I can do to speed it up, no one I can call to say hey this is your mistake and we just have to wait.

They really need to step back and take a look at the whole immigration system. It does not make sense to me that the way it's set up now. I've been here 2.5 years, working the whole time, paying taxes, contributing to the economy, worked hard to get two promotions so I could be legible to apply for PR, my company put considerable about of time in tranning me for Canada to so no. How is that productive to the Canada economy?! Point in EE are all well and good but it dose not give a true resresentation of who will better Canada economy....what about the people who already are!