Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21-09-2015
Hi everyone,

Does anybody know if we can apply for OOPNP while we are on implied status?

Your help is greatly appreciated,
Thanks

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
hamoonExpressEntry said:
Hi everyone,

Does anybody know if we can apply for OOPNP while we are on implied status?

Your help is greatly appreciated,
Thanks
The programme is very new, so I think it's best that you contact OOPNP directly, below are their contact details:

Phone
416-327-0374 or toll-free at 1-866-214-6820 (within North America only)

Email
Opportunities.Ontario@ontario.ca

harrybrar

Nov 11, 2014
I am also in same boat. OOPNP interest letter received but i have applied for restoration of status as a visitor.

I have sent a mail to OOPNP asking their opinion.

Although in application of OOPNP in the end it states something like " If you are currently residing in Canada and you do not have current legal status, you may not be eligible to apply to the program. "

So, its says "May or may not be".

I will still go ahead though. You never know I guess :)

d.r.

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone has any news on this? I'm on implied status as well (since June 16th) and I applied for OOPNP on July 22nd.

:-\

hamoonExpressEntry

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21-09-2015
I am still on implied status. I applied on June 17th and got my acknowledgment. Make sure you send Opportunities Ontario your work/study permit once you receive it from CIC. They most definitely wait for your new status before they nominate you. I'll update this thread once I get more info.

d.r.

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for the reply!

I was on a PGWP which expired in June and I applied for an extension (which will not happen, since pgwp's are limited for 3 years).

Do I have to have a student/worker status or I can have a visitor status to have my OOPNP application processed?

Thanks in advance, again! ;)

hamoonExpressEntry

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21-09-2015
A visitor visa should suffice as the OOPNP does not require a job offer.

sidaktoronto

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
228X
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 7, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 28, 2015
Nomination.....
September 12, 2015
AOR Received.
October 7, 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with EE Application
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
Submitted with EE Application
Med's Done....
October 6, 2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 24, 2016
LANDED..........
March 8, 2016
hamoonExpressEntry said:
I am still on implied status. I applied on June 17th and got my acknowledgment. Make sure you send Opportunities Ontario your work/study permit once you receive it from CIC. They most definitely wait for your new status before they nominate you. I'll update this thread once I get more info.
Hi Just had a question about OPNP,

I applied to OPNP on jun 25 and got my aor last week.

But currently I am on implied status from aug 1, I will be informing about my status to OPNP today....

Just wanted to know if my application goes through positively in all checks will they give nomination to a person on implied status...??

Any suggestions..

thanks

hamoonExpressEntry

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21-09-2015
Here is the email I received from OO, when I asked whether an applicant on implied status count get nomination:

"An applicant may be in implied status when an application is being processed and an applicant is required to provide evidence of this. An application would not be finalized until evidence is received that the applicant is no longer in implied status and has been issued a valid status document by CIC to remain in Canada. Please note that it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that they maintain valid legal status while in Canada."

kqm

Aug 6, 2015
Hi Guys,

I am in the same boat as you guys, I got my AOR for PNP last week and my work permit is expiring on September 15.
I have a full time job, Can I apply for bridge open work permit?

thanks

d.r.

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hamoonExpressEntry said:
Here is the email I received from OO, when I asked whether an applicant on implied status count get nomination:

"An applicant may be in implied status when an application is being processed and an applicant is required to provide evidence of this. An application would not be finalized until evidence is received that the applicant is no longer in implied status and has been issued a valid status document by CIC to remain in Canada. Please note that it is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that they maintain valid legal status while in Canada."
Excellent, thank you for posting this!

I am guessing that the proof for implied status would be a complete copy of my application for (in my case) PGWP extension, as well as a copy of the Fedex receipt.
The OOPNP application guide (Section 7.1 Changes in personal information and circumstances) states that any additional documents or changes should be submitted by fax, mail or email.

Thanks again, I'll submit those ASAP and let you guys know ;)

hamoonExpressEntry

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21-09-2015
d.r. that is exactly what I did. The full application and fedex receipts. Best of luck!