+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontarion student visa can land in Montreal?

MineshPatel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Hello,
I just received my visa as a student and i will be studying at Standford Internation College in Scarborough.
My question is can i land in Montreal and than go to Ontario. Simply because i have relative in Montreal who can help me. Than i will go to Ontario and live there.
Pls help me with your experiences.
Thanks

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
My uncle proceeded my application.
What does this mean? What are my chance of becoming permanent resident after graduation?
Pls reply. Thank you.
Is that the full name of your school?

It means after graduation from this school you will probably have to go home as you will not be allowed to work unless you find an employer to sponsor you which is very difficult.

If you already have the visa it might be easier to go to school but look to switch as soon as possible to a public college which is on the list I posted with PGWP support. You are free to switch schools when studying in canada as long as you follow the process to inform immigration also study all the PGWP rules carefully to avoid any disappointment.

MineshPatel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
it means that after graduation u will not get a work permit. So either u change ur college now or u do another (preferably 2 year) course after u finish this one from another college which is eligible for work permit. If u dont get work permit u will not be able to stay in Canada after education and gain work experience. Work experience in Canada adds a lot of points to ur PR. unless u have a masters and u have 2 years experience outside Canada it will be difficult to get PR without canadian experience. use the express entry calculator below to find out ur points if u get more than 450 u have a chance.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
Thank you so much for info. Really appreciate it. You saved my life.

MineshPatel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Is that the full name of your school?

It means after graduation from this school you will probably have to go home as you will not be allowed to work unless you find an employer to sponsor you which is very difficult.

If you already have the visa it might be easier to go to school but look to switch as soon as possible to a public college which is on the list I posted with PGWP support. You are free to switch schools when studying in canada as long as you follow the process to inform immigration also study all the PGWP rules carefully to avoid any disappointment.
Thank you for information. I will definitely look into it.