+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ontariocolleges.ca OR Individual colleges, to apply ?

minaz31

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Hi Please can any 1 tell me if I should use ontariocolleges.ca website or the individual colleges website to apply, I am from Mumbai, India.

gkb8062

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
minaz31 said:
Hi Please can any 1 tell me if I should use ontariocolleges.ca website or the individual colleges website to apply, I am from Mumbai, India.
as you wish, but i have never came across any Indian Applicant who applied directly through ontariocolleges.ca...

so i think if you are applying to more colleges (3-4) then with single application you can do this through ontariocolleges.ca ,,, thats is the benefit..

otherwise for every new application to different college, you need to pay application fee...

tc..

GoldenLine

Sep 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Minaz31

I am looking into the options / colleges and programs listed in http://www.ontariocolleges.ca/ and this seems lot easier to do the application for 3 colleges at the same time and not have to thru them individually.

Although I am still confused as to the mode of payment to apply being an international student. Do you know what it is? Is it Credit card or do they have other options? I know they have options for canadians using the site.. what about international?

Boyzone

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Even International Student can pay with his Credit Card on their site. You can also chat with their representatives using Live Chat to know how you can pay.

minaz31

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
GoldenLine said:
Minaz31

I am looking into the options / colleges and programs listed in http://www.ontariocolleges.ca/ and this seems lot easier to do the application for 3 colleges at the same time and not have to thru them individually.

Although I am still confused as to the mode of payment to apply being an international student. Do you know what it is? Is it Credit card or do they have other options? I know they have options for canadians using the site.. what about international?
Credit Cards, Bank Cards, Internet Banking are accepted mode of payment, which courses or colleges are you going to apply? if you dont mind sharing..

minaz31

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Correction, for International Students only credit cards are accepted.

Dr.Patel

Apr 23, 2013
Hi!
I had applied through ontariocolleges.ca in one program last year. on the site, you can make your profile and upload documents. But I think that in every program you apply, you need to pay application fee. It's not like pay $99 and apply to as many programs you wish. Remember, It's $99(or 90) for each program choice. In addition, Applying through ontariocolleges.ca can get messy sometimes(as it happened wwith me). the college I applied took more than 45 days, a lots of emails and telephonic conversations(many times) to provide me offer letter. It was such a headache. it was certainly mismanagement of the college staff as they asked for documents for 3 times( yes, three times, can you believe it?), i have no idea how well other colleges handle applications done through ontariocolleges.ca .. the applications through ontariocolleges.ca are almost incomplete and the college office will contact you regarding supporting documents and the whole procedure may get messy. the guy from international office of the college told me that the problem happens when application is done through ontariocolleges.ca and that's why they encourage filling up application form and doing application directly to the college with all required documents.

Anyway, ontariocolleges.ca is a good place to find programs and program status(open, waitlisted,closed), I recommend contacting the international office of the college by mail once you confirm the program, ask them about application form, procedure, fee payment etc, . the staff is co-operative overall and will help you with the procedure.

I hope it will help you.

minaz31

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Dr.Patel said:
I had paid fees through my uncle's credit card who lives in US.
Just for your knowledge. ;D
Thanks.

yammanuruarun

Sep 1, 2019
India
Hello,

Ontariocolleges.ca is for domestic students and the seats availability you will see if for domestic students not international.

Colleges only accepting applications through https://international.ontariocolleges.ca

@ssingh5
Have you applied to through https://international.ontariocolleges.ca ? Where can we see the listing of available courses for international students?
Is it better to apply through above mentioned website or through specific college sites.
Also what all might be required other than IELTS. I mean do we need to just scan and upload transcripts or do we need to go for wes?
Please help me understand this.
Thanks in advance.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
@ssingh5
Have you applied to through https://international.ontariocolleges.ca ? Where can we see the listing of available courses for international students?
Is it better to apply through above mentioned website or through specific college sites.
Also what all might be required other than IELTS. I mean do we need to just scan and upload transcripts or do we need to go for wes?
Thanks in advance.
I would suggest to apply to individual colleges. I would suggest not seeing the prices, as things are going to get much more expensive when you come to Canada.

Reactions: visatest

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
@ssingh5
Thanks in advance.
This is just a gut feeling, but I am a Teacher and have been here all my life. Apply to them individually; like selvakk recommends. If you want GREAT PRICES (11.5K a year) go to Memorial University in Newfoundland. www.mun.ca The costs are low and the people are great. It's a real value compared to a college; it depends on what you want. Newfoundland has great Screech! and seafood.