+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONTARIO

danijel

Dec 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello! :) I'm looking for advice from Seniors:
because I don't have enough points to apply(like FSW,PNP...) and I can't find a "job offer" from here(I'm from Serbia) and I've got a guarantee on couple of places,from employers(on kijiji,monster,workopolis...)that I'll get a job in their companies as soon as I arrive in Canada(Ontario(I have a cousin in Mississauga))---is it smart,is it possible that I come as a tourist and from there to look for a work permit or apply for PNP?
please answer!
thank you!

danijel

Dec 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
danijel said:
hello! :) I'm looking for advice from Seniors:
because I don't have enough points to apply(like FSW,PNP...) and I can't find a "job offer" from here(I'm from Serbia) and I've got a guarantee on couple of places,from employers(on kijiji,monster,workopolis...)that I'll get a job in their companies as soon as I arrive in Canada(Ontario(I have a cousin in Mississauga))---is it smart,is it possible that I come as a tourist and from there to look for a work permit or apply for PNP?
please answer!
thank you!
anyone?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
If this companies promise to hire you, why can't they mail you the LMO so you can apply for the work permit before leaving?

They may be trying to get out of paying for your airfare, which they are legally required to do in some cases.

If you come here and the jobs are gone, what will you do? Kijiji isn't exactly know for it's trustworthiness.

danijel

Dec 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amikety said:
If this companies promise to hire you, why can't they mail you the LMO so you can apply for the work permit before leaving?

They may be trying to get out of paying for your airfare, which they are legally required to do in some cases.

If you come here and the jobs are gone, what will you do? Kijiji isn't exactly know for it's trustworthiness.
thanks for response!
they say that is a lot of work for them....and maybe they trying,like you say,to get out of paying for my airfare...I don't know....
If I come there and the jobs are gone I hope that I can find another job...what you think?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
I don't know enough about Ontario to give you an opinion there.

Ask them if they can get you the LMO in your name. Even if they already have an open LMO and you come to Canada tomorrow, it takes 2-3 weeks to have your name added to the LMO, plus time to get the work permit. Can you afford to sit around for a few weeks with no job?

Keep in mind, there are almost always a lot more people that want to work in Canada than jobs available for foreigners.

danijel

Dec 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amikety said:
I don't know enough about Ontario to give you an opinion there.

Ask them if they can get you the LMO in your name. Even if they already have an open LMO and you come to Canada tomorrow, it takes 2-3 weeks to have your name added to the LMO, plus time to get the work permit. Can you afford to sit around for a few weeks with no job?

Keep in mind, there are almost always a lot more people that want to work in Canada than jobs available for foreigners.
thank you very much for answers! :)
I have a cousin in Mississauga so he can help me if they are only 2-3 months in question...
I hope this will work,because I decided to go like that- it's the only way I can go...
thanks again!

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
danijel said:
thank you very much for answers! :)
I have a cousin in Mississauga so he can help me if they are only 2-3 months in question...
I hope this will work,because I decided to go like that- it's the only way I can go...
thanks again!
Good luck! Go tell CIC to hurry up with my application while you're there :p