+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario would like to consider you under their Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)

TDog39

Oct 18, 2019
I received this message on my Express Entry profile today. I am not sure how to proceed and what it means exactly. I checked some other similar posts but I am confused.
My current EE score is 463.

PS: I am not a French speaker.
My NOC is 2173 or 2174 (I believe they got combined in the new NOC system).
My IELTS results were 8.5 Listening, 9 Reading, 7.5 Speaking and 7.5 Writing.

PS2: I came across this: https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontarios-express-entry-human-capital-priorities-stream
I am not sure if it's what I am looking for or not. But if it is,
1- then why did I get it now and not before?
2- How do I prove that I intend to live in Ontario? How hard is that?
3- How likely am I get to get nominated eventually?
4- Is that related to the Ontario Tech Draw?
5- My EE profile expires in November. Does this mean that I am going to lose this PNP invitation?

Ontario would like to consider you under their Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)

Dear xxxx,

The Government of Ontario is interested in considering you for nomination under its Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) through Express Entry.

If you want Ontario to consider you for nomination under its PNP you must contact Ontario directly after receiving this letter. Note that this letter of interest is not a guarantee that you will be nominated by Ontario. You will first have to satisfy Ontario that you meet the requirements of their program.

You can find general information about each province or territory's PNP program on the website. You will also find a link to Ontario's PNP requirements and contact information.

General information:

If a province or territory nominates you through Express Entry and you accept the PNP nomination you will be allocated an additional 600 points in the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System. This means you will likely receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence under the Provincial Nominee Program.

If you accept a nomination, you are indicating to both Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and that provincial or territorial jurisdiction that you intend to live in that province or territory and that you will comply with any other provincial or territorial program requirements.

Once you accept a nomination, your profile will no longer be visible to other provinces and territories, so you will not be considered for nomination by other jurisdictions. You will also not be considered for federal economic programs in Express Entry.

If a province or territory nominates you and you decline the PNP nomination, you will not be invited to apply under Ontario's nominee program.

It is possible to be nominated by more than one province or territory, but you may only accept one nomination.

If you decline the nomination, you will stay in the Express Entry pool of candidates. You will still be eligible to receive invitations to apply under the federal immigration programs (Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or Canadian Experience Class). As well, other provinces and territories (if applicable) will be able to see your profile for future consideration.

You are not obligated to:
  • contact a province or territory that is interested in you, or
  • accept a nomination from a province or territory.

However, if you do not accept a nomination, there is no guarantee that you will be nominated by another province or territory, or that you will be invited to apply under a federal economic program in Express Entry.

A PNP nomination does not guarantee that you are eligible for permanent residence. The final decision to issue a visa or other document for permanent residence rests with IRCC.

Last edited: