+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Travel Ban

lamnt0702

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
The article also mentioned that “Neither the provincial nor federal governments have yet said when the change will take effect, nor how long it will last. The federal government has jurisdiction over entry to Canada. Any request from a province that affects international travel has to be approved and enforced by the federal government in Ottawa.

Btw, “International students going to certain institutions are currently exempt from Canada’s travel restrictions. As with all non-essential travellers to Canada, they must comply with the mandatory quarantine requirements, and COVID-19 tests.”
-> International Student could be exemption if they are:
  • International students who held a valid study permit or who had been approved for a study permit on or before March 18, 2020.
  • International students attending a Designated Learning Institution that has obtained prior approval of its response plan to control the spread of COVID-19 from the provincial government. (Effective October 20).

Reactions: MVINOTH005

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Will this ban applies to international students going to quarantine 3 days in Toronto?
If they impose ban on international students, then there wont be that option to quarantine anymore, you wont get boarding pass from point of origin. However as official announce has not been made, then as of now we dont know the details...

lamnt0702

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
Will this ban applies to international students going to quarantine 3 days in Toronto?
Can someone make this clear
The article mentioned that “Neither the provincial nor federal governments have yet said when the change will take effect, nor how long it will last. The federal government has jurisdiction over entry to Canada. Any request from a province that affects international travel has to be approved and enforced by the federal government in Ottawa.

-> It was pretty clear mates, this regulation has not be implemented yet. In case it would be officially implemented in the near future, you still could travel to Ontario as international students if you are:
  • International students who held a valid study permit or who had been approved for a study permit on or before March 18, 2020.
  • International students attending a Designated Learning Institution that has obtained prior approval of its response plan to control the spread of COVID-19 from the provincial government.
And If you could travel to Ontario as mentioned above, you still have to follow 3-days-hotel quarantine.

Reactions: MVINOTH005

LittleQuestion

Star Member
Jan 10, 2021
If they impose ban on international students, then there wont be that option to quarantine anymore, you wont get boarding pass from point of origin. However as official announce has not been made, then as of now we dont know the details...
This quarantine happens in port of entry? so I guess yes?

scillia

Star Member
Apr 27, 2021
Why are they doing this now? When there are vaccines. By july or august, majority of the population will be vaccinated in Canada.

Reactions: Sana 12345

A93

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Canada's plan is to complete vaccination by September 2021 and the PM also said that they are looking at vaccine passports. I guess Fall intake would be possible (atleast for vaccinated) but for now even quarrantines for arrivals at land borders may become a reality. Things definitely are getting ever more negative than last year with no relief in sight.

Bluejayscardinals

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
This barely made news here. It’s a provincial politician who has a different political view than the federal government and is blaming them for our Covid cases cause his vaccine lines and inept policies are always in the news.

He’s trying to score points and deflect the news stories from his own problems. I don’t think anyone takes much of what he says seriously.

MVINOTH005

Nov 26, 2020
This barely made news here. It’s a provincial politician who has a different political view than the federal government and is blaming them for our Covid cases cause his vaccine lines and inept policies are always in the news.

He’s trying to score points and deflect the news stories from his own problems. I don’t think anyone takes much of what he says seriously.
https://ca.granthshala.com/as-trudeau-thought-of-closing-ontario-to-overseas-college-students-ford-says-he-made-no-formal-request-for-it/
Keeping my fingers crossed as I have to board the flight tomorrow.

arhue

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Not sure why my posts are getting flagged as spam. My post was about trying to blame 1.22 million cases on couple of flights with little scientific evidence, which seems a bit out of order.

Electrocutedguy

Jan 17, 2021
Well guys on a lighter note, for those who follow TV series named designated survivor, this whole scenario with Doug Ford reminds exactly of the political character of the governer of michigan, who similarly had issues with feds and defied them for every other thing. lol

• Haha
Reactions: wonderbly

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Well guys on a lighter note, for those who follow TV series named designated survivor, this whole scenario with Doug Ford reminds exactly of the political character of the governer of michigan, who similarly had issues with feds and defied them for every other thing. lol
Hahaha James Royce