+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario to Quebec

Shree979

Mar 14, 2017
Hello Guys,

I received my PPR in first week of May and now planning to do my landing in Aug-Sep.
Need your help with below scenario:

My employer has a project based out of Montreal, Quebec and my company is ready to post me there.

I understand that I cannot do my landing in Quebec.
Is it possible that I land in Toronto, get my SIN card and immediately next day move to Montreal to work with my employer there?

Has anyone done it before?

I would really appreciate any help or opinions in this matter.

Thank you!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,

I received my PPR in first week of May and now planning to do my landing in Aug-Sep.
Need your help with below scenario:

My employer has a project based out of Montreal, Quebec and my company is ready to post me there.

I understand that I cannot do my landing in Quebec.
Is it possible that I land in Toronto, get my SIN card and immediately next day move to Montreal to work with my employer there?

Has anyone done it before?

I would really appreciate any help or opinions in this matter.

Thank you!
Sure, there are no immigration on the Quebec -Ontario border. Make sure you don't give them a Quebec address for PR card delivery.

Shree979

Mar 14, 2017
Thanks for your reply! I will give an Ontario address. I suppose as a PR, one can live or work anywhere in Canada. Just one more question, does one become a PR immediately after landing formalities or only after getting the PR Card?

bossmon

Jun 28, 2020
Russia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-10-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2019
Med's Done....
02-12-2019
Passport Req..
02-09-2020
Thanks a lot buddy! So now I am free to move to Montreal after landing in Toronto :)
Hi Shree,
how did this work out for you? Did you have any issues with getting healthcare in Quebec without the CSQ?