+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Temporary Work Permit - Living in Gatineau, Quebec and Working in Ottawa, Ontario

mig_akira

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Hello!

I have a Temporary Work Permit to work in a company based in Ontario. I currently live in Ottawa, and work from home for 2 years for this company. Can I move to Gatineau, Québec, and keep working for the Ottawa company? Or with my Ontario Temporary Work Permit I must reside in Ontario?

Thank you!

Ishadi

Nov 22, 2021
Hello!

I have a Temporary Work Permit to work in a company based in Ontario. I currently live in Ottawa, and work from home for 2 years for this company. Can I move to Gatineau, Québec, and keep working for the Ottawa company? Or with my Ontario Temporary Work Permit I must reside in Ontario?

Thank you!
Hi , does your work permit/visa of introduction letter mention the state or was it only something that was only mentioned while applying for fresh visa?

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Hello!

Thank you!
If your WP does not have any restrictions to reside in a particular province, you can. But applying for Health insurance with RAMQ would be a problem if you plan on living in Gatineau. Don't forget income tax, sales tax rate(s) are higher in Quebec, and you'd have to file taxes with both Revenu Québec and CRA separately.
To summarise, it's doable but very cumbersome!