+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario - questions regarding the health insurance for initial 3 months

MapleTraveller

Jun 22, 2014
Hi,

I have few questions regarding the private insurance that everyone should get for first 3 months before they are eligible for OHIP.
I was checking the www.kanetix.ca and arbetovinsurance.com websites that people are recommending on this forum and I have few questions:

1. What coverage amount is resonable?
2. The rates that are displayed are the monthly fees or is it a fee for whole 90 days period?
3. Should I get the insurance before comming to Canada or can I do it after landing?

Thanks for the advice :)

goldenbrown

Jan 11, 2011
Vancouver
1. What coverage amount is resonable?

Anything ranging from $25,000 per person if you are a healthy individual to $50,000 or $100,000 if you believe you might have issues in the future or have a history of past chronic health issues. In this case coverage for preexisting conditions might be necessary.

2. The rates that are displayed are the monthly fees or is it a fee for whole 90 days period?

If you select the coverage period of 3 months- the rate will be quoted for 3 months.

3. Should I get the insurance before comming to Canada or can I do it after landing?

It's best to apply before coming to avoid a waiting period- period when you are not covered by the insurance. So even a few days in advance would still be fine.

Other answers can be found here. <a href=https://arbetovinsurance.com/frequently-asked-questions/>Insurance FAQ</a>