+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PT Notification of Interest and ITA received, what's best to do?

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was very lucky and I got a PT from Ontario to apply under the Human Priorities Stream for a nomination.

Today, I got the last document ready and I'm just waiting for the bank draft to send my application.

However, I today was a great day and I actually received an ITA without the nomination !! so now I can apply for residency !

My question is, should I still apply for Ontario nomination (I don't mind the money)? Could it somehow be helpful? Maybe it can make my application get processed faster if I have the nomination?

Thank you everyone for your help before and now :) I will make sure I help as many people as I can once it's all sorted for me and give back to the community

vinodram

Feb 5, 2015
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottwa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PNP its just a another route to get ITA and there is no difference how CIC process your application. And you need to wait for 3 months to get ur PNP nom. SO its better you go ahead with ur current ITA

Michal

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
If you get the nomination (you never know if you do) then you have to commit to stay in Ontario once you get PR (at least for some time). You do not have to commit to one province if you use a "federal" ITA. In my opinion it is better to go with "clean" ITA than PNP (as long as you do not intend to stay in the particular province).

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I actually do want to go to Toronto, though.

What happens if I apply for ITA directly, but also send my application for the nomination?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amamh said:
I actually do want to go to Toronto, though.

What happens if I apply for ITA directly, but also send my application for the nomination?
You'll only be wasting 1500 CAD. Eventually the application might lead to a nomination which would lead to 600 additional points which would lead to (you guessed it!) an ITA. And you already have the ITA.

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
You'll only be wasting 1500 CAD. Eventually the application might lead to a nomination which would lead to 600 additional points which would lead to (you guessed it!) an ITA. And you already have the ITA.
I'm applying now using the ITA, wish me luck my friend :)