+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario provincial NOI

Kishorkg2

May 21, 2017
I got Notice of interest from Ontario province since my score is 406 now. Some freinds of mine who are working in Canada immigration consultancy advised me to not apply for OINP, as its very expensive $1500 and it's non refundable. Also it is very slow process(more than 8 months min) as Ontario process application v slow. Also it doesn't guarantee I will receive pnp from them even if I m eligible as there r lots of people applying for OINP, n they giv preference to people already in Ontario. Freinds what do you guys think of this. Any suggestions or feedback are welcomed. Thank you.

Nian427

Star Member
May 14, 2015
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-09-2017
Passport Req..
08-01-2018
I totally disagree with your friends in the consultancy. I got my OINP nomination in a month's time. I think the processing was pretty slow last year, but thats not the case this year. I have never set my foot in Canada and I dont have any ties with Ontario, but still I got it. You can refer to the following thread for more details:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ontario-pnp-oinp-2017-join-here.463275/
Having said that, whether you want to apply or not is completely your call. If you want to wait and see if the cut off go down, then you can try that and hope that OINP does not reach its targets (which is 6000 per year I think). Your NOI is valid for 6 months.
All the best.

zcgfwpj

Jun 23, 2017
I totally disagree with your friends in the consultancy. I got my OINP nomination in a month's time. I think the processing was pretty slow last year, but thats not the case this year. I have never set my foot in Canada and I dont have any ties with Ontario, but still I got it. You can refer to the following thread for more details:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ontario-pnp-oinp-2017-join-here.463275/
Having said that, whether you want to apply or not is completely your call. If you want to wait and see if the cut off go down, then you can try that and hope that OINP does not reach its targets (which is 6000 per year I think). Your NOI is valid for 6 months.
All the best.
i think if you got a NOI, which means that there is a room for you to apply for PNP EE, so you do not need to rush to do it, right?

Nian427

Star Member
May 14, 2015
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-09-2017
Passport Req..
08-01-2018
i think if you got a NOI, which means that there is a room for you to apply for PNP EE, so you do not need to rush to do it, right?
Right, you need not rush. But having said that, Ontario is running this program for their benefit, if they think that they have reached their targets, they might call off the program. But I still think they will consider those to whom they have issued NOI.
If you think you might get a direct ITA soon, you should wait. Its a boon to people with not that high CRS.
All the best to you buddy!