+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Provincial invitation recieved - provide proof of family ties

JoanCloete

Oct 4, 2015
I received a notice on my CIC Express Entry application from Ontario, inviting me to apply for the provincial nomination. I do not have a job offer and I have never been to Canada. My parents are in the process of applying for permanent residency in Alberta, as well as my brother. They are doctors. I am applying the Federal Stream Worker stream for the NOC 2174, IT software developers.

I have been searching for an indication as to how much points I would score for the different areas to qualify for the Ontario provincial nomination, but my google searches ended up with vague indications. Can someone provide me with a more detailed list as to where I could score points?

The only ties to Ontario is my aunt's brother that stays in Toronto.

Do I stand a chance? My current Express entry points is at 422. I have been trying to get into Canada for almost 4 years.. Please someone advise, because I have already spoken to an immigration consultant, which costed a fortune, they advised me to go the Manitoba and Saskatchewan provincial routes. Should I ignore the invitation to apply for Ontario, anyone else had success without providing solid proof of ties to Ontario?

samra_

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I also received the Ontario PNP invitation after completing Job Bank registration on myCIC account of Express Entry.
I have googled also but not able to get viable information.
If you accept the Provincial nomination your profile will no longer visible to other provinces.
Still trying to get Good advice.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
JoanCloete said:
I received a notice on my CIC Express Entry application from Ontario, inviting me to apply for the provincial nomination. I do not have a job offer and I have never been to Canada. My parents are in the process of applying for permanent residency in Alberta, as well as my brother. They are doctors. I am applying the Federal Stream Worker stream for the NOC 2174, IT software developers.

I have been searching for an indication as to how much points I would score for the different areas to qualify for the Ontario provincial nomination, but my google searches ended up with vague indications. Can someone provide me with a more detailed list as to where I could score points?

The only ties to Ontario is my aunt's brother that stays in Toronto.

Do I stand a chance? My current Express entry points is at 422. I have been trying to get into Canada for almost 4 years.. Please someone advise, because I have already spoken to an immigration consultant, which costed a fortune, they advised me to go the Manitoba and Saskatchewan provincial routes. Should I ignore the invitation to apply for Ontario, anyone else had success without providing solid proof of ties to Ontario?
Yes, lots of people have been nominated by Ontario without ties. So go on with Ontario.

For OINP, you have to meet CEC or FSW qualifications, but for FSW, your experience has to be from the last 5 years (rather than the last 10 years at the CIC level).
Education also has to be a bachelor's degree, at the minimum.

For some weird reason, the Ontario PNP discussions are mostly held over on the Express Entry board: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-expression-of-interest-b54.0/

If your aunt's brother is willing to share with you his passport, OHIP card, etc. you can definitely mention him as a tie.

Just look around that Express Entry board, there are also lots of tips on writing the letter of intent if you do not have Ontario ties.