+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONTARIO PNP - PRE-SCREENING!

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
Mafelicos said:
My Pre-Screen application was sent on November 2015 and AOR on December. No updates until now.
I've pretty much given up on it. I got an ITA and applied 2 weeks ago. So I'm hoping my pre-screening takes longer so I hear back from Express Entry before I have to apply for the International Student with Job offer stream in OINP.

I expect even if I hear back about the pre-screeniing today, there is still another 2 years of processing before getting the PR :-[

serguti

Jan 17, 2017
Mafelicos said:
My Pre-Screen application was sent on November 2015 and AOR on December. No updates until now.
Do you know other cases older than yours? you are 14 months with no news... so I can estimate how much it is taking to process the pre-screening.... I have already invested/wasted 9 months and I have until September 2017 to renew my status.. total of 17 months to sort this out... or pay for my wife to keep her on the college for one more year.

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
serguti said:
Do you know other cases older than yours? you are 14 months with no news... so I can estimate how much it is taking to process the pre-screening.... I have already invested/wasted 9 months and I have until September 2017 to renew my status.. total of 17 months to sort this out... or pay for my wife to keep her on the college for one more year.
Do you happen which OINP team is handling your case? In my company's application it's OINP team 3. They seem to be the slowest :-[

Both myself and Mafelicos have team 3 handling our case. I've seen someone with team 2 who applied on December 5th 2015 and received the nomination. This link should have a little of additional information for timelines:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/canada-immigration-forum/-t440055.0.html

Have you considered Express Entry?

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

You can have a look at the timeline for my Pre-Screen application and subsequent events.

My employer was already approved for another position before they were applying for my pre-screen application. I assume it made things little faster in getting approval for Pre-Screen application.
After Pre-screen application, they took hardly 3 weeks to send Nomination.

I recommend to ask your employer to send status queries to OINP.

Mafelicos

Nov 3, 2016
serguti said:
On this same thread there are two messages from Champ.90 and mani007 stating that they applied in April 2015 and still haven't got any news. I don't know if they were approved by now or not but if not, they are a not so encouraging example.

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
mani007 said:
hi ,,i got approval on 15 jan2017. but noww i have already preeceed with lmia....so o use for me :( :( :( :( :'(
Hey, do you happen to know which team was handling your employer's case?

It should be in the email they used for correspondence. i.e. OINP.team3@Ontario.ca

Mafelicos

Nov 3, 2016
mani007 said:
hi ,,i got approval on 15 jan2017. but noww i have already preeceed with lmia....so o use for me :( :( :( :( :'(
At least it's some "good" news for us still counting on it. Your approval came after they posted the news that OINP fulfilled the 2016 allocation so it seems this haven't stopped them processing applications.

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
Mafelicos said:
At least it's some "good" news for us still counting on it. Your approval came after they posted the news that OINP fulfilled the 2016 allocation so it seems this haven't stopped them processing applications.
Although I think employer pre-screening is the absolute last on their list. There is still a bit of a backlog when it comes to the EE human capital prorities stream, masters student stream and the french speaking stream. I would not be surprised if they clear those backlogs first before we see any progress ???

conexoes

Jan 25, 2017
OINP Pre-Screen
1. first submission 25 Feb 2016.
2. 25th May got a letter saying company missing documents
3. Documents arranged and posted to OINP on 23 Dec 2016
4. As of now 25 Jan 2017 , I am super worried and no way to contact OINP
FYI : Privately held Canadian company in Ontario with branches in 10 locations in USA

MY QUESTION : Does any one know how to effectively contact OINP? Please help me to get a phone line number or an email where I can communicate with the OINP

dee30

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Has there been any information provided about the latest quota for OINP? Have they started sending out ITA's?