+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONTARIO PNP - PRE-SCREENING!

all_iz_well

Dec 17, 2014
August 2, 2016

Update to the Three Years of Active Business Requirement for Employer Applications

Employers must demonstrate that they have been in active business (corporations, limited partnerships and sole proprietorships) for at least 3 years before submitting an application to the OINP. This includes recently amalgamated corporations who are able to demonstrate that:

the business (including one of the predecessor businesses) has been in continuous operation for three years;
that the job-offers to potential nominees are still valid; and
that the restructuring does not affect the employment opportunities of Ontarians.

In order to demonstrate that they meet the above criteria, employers who have been amalgamated in the past three years are required to provide the following documents.

A written statement explaining the need for foreign workers if layoffs occurred as a result of the amalgamation.

If the amalgamation took place prior to the submission of, or approval of, the employer application, the employer must provide:

Revenue Canada Schedules 125 (Income Statement Information) and 141 (Accounting Practitioner Information) OR the company’s financial statements signed by a certified accountant for the pre-amalgamated and post-amalgamated corporations covering the three years prior to the application being submitted.
Revenue Canada T4 Summary for the pre-merger and post-merger corporations covering the three years prior to the application being submitted

If an amalgamation took place after an employer application is approved, the employer must also provide an updated job offer letter for each position. The new offer must match the key information that was approved by the program during the employer pre-screen application process. Specifically the position must:

be permanent and full time;
be the same National Occupational Classification (NOC) code as the previous offer;
offer the same wage or a higher wage as the previous offer; and
be for the same number of hours as the previous offer.

Please note: on May 9, 2016 the OINP temporarily paused intake of new pre-screen applications (see program update for May 9, 2016). The guidance above applies only to applications received by the Program prior to May 9, 2016.

Azy

Aug 3, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

do you know how is this different from the previous employer pre-screen guidelines? I found nothing new other than amalgamation of corporations?

Thanks!

all_iz_well said:
August 2, 2016

Update to the Three Years of Active Business Requirement for Employer Applications

Employers must demonstrate that they have been in active business (corporations, limited partnerships and sole proprietorships) for at least 3 years before submitting an application to the OINP. This includes recently amalgamated corporations who are able to demonstrate that:

the business (including one of the predecessor businesses) has been in continuous operation for three years;
that the job-offers to potential nominees are still valid; and
that the restructuring does not affect the employment opportunities of Ontarians.

In order to demonstrate that they meet the above criteria, employers who have been amalgamated in the past three years are required to provide the following documents.

A written statement explaining the need for foreign workers if layoffs occurred as a result of the amalgamation.

If the amalgamation took place prior to the submission of, or approval of, the employer application, the employer must provide:

Revenue Canada Schedules 125 (Income Statement Information) and 141 (Accounting Practitioner Information) OR the company’s financial statements signed by a certified accountant for the pre-amalgamated and post-amalgamated corporations covering the three years prior to the application being submitted.
Revenue Canada T4 Summary for the pre-merger and post-merger corporations covering the three years prior to the application being submitted

If an amalgamation took place after an employer application is approved, the employer must also provide an updated job offer letter for each position. The new offer must match the key information that was approved by the program during the employer pre-screen application process. Specifically the position must:

be permanent and full time;
be the same National Occupational Classification (NOC) code as the previous offer;
offer the same wage or a higher wage as the previous offer; and
be for the same number of hours as the previous offer.

Please note: on May 9, 2016 the OINP temporarily paused intake of new pre-screen applications (see program update for May 9, 2016). The guidance above applies only to applications received by the Program prior to May 9, 2016.

Champ.90

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-09-2017
Friends. plz do not waste your time, i applied in April 2015 and still waiting for it.

Mostaphasamir

Jul 28, 2016
Champ.90 said:
Friends. plz do not waste your time, i applied in April 2015 and still waiting for it.

Waiting for the pre-screen application approval ?

Or approved and submitted the complete application to get the nomination ?

Champ.90

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-09-2017
Pre scan approval.

Champ.90

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-09-2017
it sucks man, So frustrating. What's your Noc code?? when your work permit will expire?

serguti

Jan 17, 2017
Mostaphasamir said:
I am facing the same issue ! Applied in March 2016 and still waiting ever since !
Hi there, My pre-screening was received by CIC April 14th 2016.... and no news yet (January 17th 2017).. @Mostphasamir did yours went through?

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
serguti said:
Hi there, My pre-screening was received by CIC April 14th 2016.... and no news yet (January 17th 2017).. @Mostphasamir did yours went through?
Well CIC does not handle OINP pre-screening applications. I hope your company sent the application to OINP not CIC....

My company applied on January 6th 2016 and got the AOR on the 14th of January 2016; We have not heard anything yet.

serguti

Jan 17, 2017
Thanks, you are right, they sent it to OINP... 12 months :eek: for the pre-screening and then I guess it is another 6 to 8 months for the final PR... unbelievable.

PK_11

Sep 18, 2014
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2016
Doc's Request.
16-09-2016 (RPRF)
Nomination.....
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Not Reqd as of now
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
InLand Applicant
serguti said:
Thanks, you are right, they sent it to OINP... 12 months :eek: for the pre-screening and then I guess it is another 6 to 8 months for the final PR... unbelievable.
No, after pre screening, you have to apply nomination which can take 1 to 3 months. Once you get nomination, you need to apply PR which can take 16 months.