June 8th, 2017
Med's Done....
June 15th, 2017
Passport Req..
Dec 8th, 2017
LANDED..........
inland
Hi everyone!

I am not sure why but the post that I did with the phone interview is not here anymore...anyways.

I got my nomination last march 29, and went to the border but didn't know that we had to pay the lmia exemption fee, so the told me to be back with the receipt that they would process my WP.

- Timeline -
Ontario Pre Screening Application : *April, 2015 - last document requested was submitted.
*September/15 - Employer received a call to confirm if it still supporting application.
Pre Screening Approved: Nov, 15
Ontario Nomination Application filed: Dec 22, 15
AOR for Ontario Nomination: Dec 29, 15
Doc`s requested: Mar 08, 16
Doc`s submitted: Mar 10, 16
Phone Interview: Mar 16, 16
Ontario Nomination Approved: Mar 29, 16

ftfi

Apr 6, 2016
Hi, could you please specify what questions that pnp office asked you in the phone interview? did they call you personal phone number or work phone number?

How did you prepare? since I am a bit nervous that I can not satisfy them with great answers if they just suddenly called me........

thanks!

cnfb said:
Hi everyone!

I am not sure why but the post that I did with the phone interview is not here anymore...anyways.

I got my nomination last march 29, and went to the border but didn't know that we had to pay the lmia exemption fee, so the told me to be back with the receipt that they would process my WP.

- Timeline -
Ontario Pre Screening Application : *April, 2015 - last document requested was submitted.
*September/15 - Employer received a call to confirm if it still supporting application.
Pre Screening Approved: Nov, 15
Ontario Nomination Application filed: Dec 22, 15
AOR for Ontario Nomination: Dec 29, 15
Doc`s requested: Mar 08, 16
Doc`s submitted: Mar 10, 16
Phone Interview: Mar 16, 16
Ontario Nomination Approved: Mar 29, 16

cnfb

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Dec 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
Mar 08, 2016
Nomination.....
Mar 29, 2016
AOR Received.
Filled May 20, 2016 Received Aug 22, 2016
Med's Request
June 8th, 2017
Med's Done....
June 15th, 2017
Passport Req..
Dec 8th, 2017
LANDED..........
inland
Hi Everyone,

After a while I got time to update here!

As I got nominated last Mar 29, 2016 I went to Niagara Falls twice to finally get my work permit.

On my first attempt (around 2 hour wait) to get the WP I brought with me a letter from employer that had basically the same format and content of the job offer to confirm the offer, my current visa, and a copy of the PNP nomination.

Unfortunately they told me that the LMIA exemption fee was missing.

The exemption fee has to be paid by the employer and you have to bring the receipt with you.

In order to pay such fee, the employer have to make a profile on the website indicated, and submit the job offer all over again ( not certain about that, cuz that's what the lawyer told me ). After the job offer is approved in the system then employer can pay the fee.

On my second attempt (5 hours wait) I brought the same documents but this time I had the LMIA exemption fee receipt with me. The fee for work permit is CAD 155. My work permit is closed. I am only allowed to work at the company and location described in the PNP nomination package.

cnfb

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Dec 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
Mar 08, 2016
Nomination.....
Mar 29, 2016
AOR Received.
Med's Request
June 8th, 2017
Med's Done....
June 15th, 2017
Passport Req..
Dec 8th, 2017
LANDED..........
inland
ftfi said:
Hi, could you please specify what questions that pnp office asked you in the phone interview? did they call you personal phone number or work phone number?

How did you prepare? since I am a bit nervous that I can not satisfy them with great answers if they just suddenly called me........

thanks!

For sure!

I was working and saw a missed call, I checked the voicemail but was not clear at all, so I returned the call.

I said that I had a missed call from that number and my name. She started asking personal questions and I asked where it was from and she finally introduced herself. That was when I realized it was an important call.

She asked about my visa, that right now is a student visa, and how I would do to finish school if my job offer was for full time position, when was I supposed to graduate, which university and which course I was doing, and also asked about previous study permits as well.

Briefly I explained that I was under student visa only because its the only way I could keep working as part time. She said "Are you aware that for this program you should be able to work full time and should not be studying" Then I said to her again that I was only under Study permit to be able to keep working as part time and if I was not able to do so my employer would withdrawn the application. And if she was saying that in order to get approved I should stop studying in the next day I would do so, That I was trying to make everything right. Then she asked "So, the company would still have the job position available for you" - I did answer: Yes!

She asked If I have ever worked full time for the company. I did answer, Yes, In 2014 when I was under PGWP and when I realized that I was not able to renew such visa that was when we started the process of gathering documents for the pre-screen.

She Asked what would be my duties and what was my experience back home and duties as well. I even explained what was the nature of the company back home so she could have a better idea. She asked as well if I knew what it supposed to be the wage for the position.

At the end she said that she was satisfied with her questions and asked if I had any questions for her. I said: "I just hope that you understand my situation, like any other person I have a dream of staying in Canada, I had my carrier back home and would like to keep having it here. That I was not a day in Canada without an appropriate visa. And asked what was the timeline from now. She said that she would write her recommendations and send to another official to make a final decision.

I was so nervous at the time, after the call I was shaking, trying to hold my emotions and try to keep calm and use my best English (that's for sure it needs some improvement).

Binti

May 12, 2016
What a touching story! I can only pray for you, myself and others who are going through similar experience.

Ditto your experience, I worked with a Canadian company till Nov. 2015, but got my status changed to student to maintain a legal status.

We recently inquired the status of my application but they told us it's in second stage. I'm assuming you are close to completion.

Congrats and I wish you good luck!

Thanks for sharing the story.

ftfi

Apr 6, 2016
Hi cnfb,
sorry just read your reply, I thought you handled the phone interview very well and that's is why they are satisfied with your answer, what I learnt from your answer is keeping everything simple and tell them the truth. I am surprised that you were in study permit status before while you are waiting for the nomination, dun know we can also do this way.

so after your nomination, you can apply work permit again? is it like LIMA? how long the extension that they gave you for the new work permit.

Have you applied the PR stage? ALL THE BEST!

cnfb said:
For sure!

I was working and saw a missed call, I checked the voicemail but was not clear at all, so I returned the call.

I said that I had a missed call from that number and my name. She started asking personal questions and I asked where it was from and she finally introduced herself. That was when I realized it was an important call.

She asked about my visa, that right now is a student visa, and how I would do to finish school if my job offer was for full time position, when was I supposed to graduate, which university and which course I was doing, and also asked about previous study permits as well.

Briefly I explained that I was under student visa only because its the only way I could keep working as part time. She said "Are you aware that for this program you should be able to work full time and should not be studying" Then I said to her again that I was only under Study permit to be able to keep working as part time and if I was not able to do so my employer would withdrawn the application. And if she was saying that in order to get approved I should stop studying in the next day I would do so, That I was trying to make everything right. Then she asked "So, the company would still have the job position available for you" - I did answer: Yes!

She asked If I have ever worked full time for the company. I did answer, Yes, In 2014 when I was under PGWP and when I realized that I was not able to renew such visa that was when we started the process of gathering documents for the pre-screen.

She Asked what would be my duties and what was my experience back home and duties as well. I even explained what was the nature of the company back home so she could have a better idea. She asked as well if I knew what it supposed to be the wage for the position.

At the end she said that she was satisfied with her questions and asked if I had any questions for her. I said: "I just hope that you understand my situation, like any other person I have a dream of staying in Canada, I had my carrier back home and would like to keep having it here. That I was not a day in Canada without an appropriate visa. And asked what was the timeline from now. She said that she would write her recommendations and send to another official to make a final decision.

I was so nervous at the time, after the call I was shaking, trying to hold my emotions and try to keep calm and use my best English (that's for sure it needs some improvement).

cnfb

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Dec 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
Mar 08, 2016
Nomination.....
Mar 29, 2016
AOR Received.
Med's Request
June 8th, 2017
Med's Done....
June 15th, 2017
Passport Req..
Dec 8th, 2017
LANDED..........
inland
Binti said:
What a touching story! I can only pray for you, myself and others who are going through similar experience.

Ditto your experience, I worked with a Canadian company till Nov. 2015, but got my status changed to student to maintain a legal status.

We recently inquired the status of my application but they told us it's in second stage. I'm assuming you are close to completion.

Congrats and I wish you good luck!

Thanks for sharing the story.
Hi,

Thank you!
I got my nomination, went to Niagara and got a 2 year work permit, now applying for PR.

Good luck on your process!!

cnfb

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Dec 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
Mar 08, 2016
Nomination.....
Mar 29, 2016
AOR Received.
Med's Request
June 8th, 2017
Med's Done....
June 15th, 2017
Passport Req..
Dec 8th, 2017
LANDED..........
inland
ftfi said:
Hi cnfb,
sorry just read your reply, I thought you handled the phone interview very well and that's is why they are satisfied with your answer, what I learnt from your answer is keeping everything simple and tell them the truth. I am surprised that you were in study permit status before while you are waiting for the nomination, dun know we can also do this way.

so after your nomination, you can apply work permit again? is it like LIMA? how long the extension that they gave you for the new work permit.

Have you applied the PR stage? ALL THE BEST!
Hi,

I went to college for a year (2013) and after that got a year (2014) work permit. Unfortunately I did have enough to have 12 months experience. Because of that went back to school (2015) so I could work part time.

I finally got nominated on march 29th, 2016.
The nomination means that I am eligible for a PR and work permit.
On April 18th I went to Niagara and got a 2 year work permit.
Tomorrow will stop by my lawyer to sign some documents and submit the PR application.
Hopefully PR process won`t take to long.

;)

mohsinis

Feb 3, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ontario
finally I got my pre-screening after almost a year and a half. I am pre-screened as an international student with a job offer, now problem is that my 2 years are already passed because of late pre-screening and I am not eligible to apply under the International student with job offer stream for PNP. What should I do now, because it was not my fault and all the time (almost 2 years) was taken in the pre-screening process.

all_iz_well

Dec 17, 2014
mohsinis said:
finally I got my pre-screening after almost a year and a half. I am pre-screened as an international student with a job offer, now problem is that my 2 years are already passed because of late pre-screening and I am not eligible to apply under the International student with job offer stream for PNP. What should I do now, because it was not my fault and all the time (almost 2 years) was taken in the pre-screening process.
YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO IS FACING THIS PROBLEM.
MY SUGGESTION IS TO APPLY ANYWAY WITH AN EXPLANATION LETTER.

GOOD LUCK.

OksanaM

Star Member
Mar 28, 2016
HELP!!!
Today I got a letter from OINP that duties I have outlined in my job offer for the position of Shipping Co-ordinator do not match the lead statement or functions under NOC code 1215. They gave me 30 days to send supporting documents!
What kind of documents do I need to submit?Huh?

Barca

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
Did it take you over all less than two years from the moment you graduate to get PRE-Screening approved and apply for nomination. Cause it seems the screening takes forever. Or do they consider applying for pre-screening as initial step in applying for nomination and you still under the 2 years requirement?

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in similar position and wondering someone could help out.

My employer applied for Pre-screen application in February and didn't get any response.
My 2 years time from graduation will be completed by August 2016.

evanstp9

Nov 27, 2012
OksanaM said:
HELP!!!
Today I got a letter from OINP that duties I have outlined in my job offer for the position of Shipping Co-ordinator do not match the lead statement or functions under NOC code 1215. They gave me 30 days to send supporting documents!
What kind of documents do I need to submit?Huh?
Can you post here your list of duties that you submitted?