+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP Pre Screening Result (June - Nov)

PK_11

Sep 18, 2014
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2016
Doc's Request.
16-09-2016 (RPRF)
Nomination.....
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Not Reqd as of now
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
InLand Applicant
Hi,

Any one has got OPNP pre screening response within 90 days or 120 days who filed OPNP in mid of 2014 ?

PK_11

Sep 18, 2014
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2016
Doc's Request.
16-09-2016 (RPRF)
Nomination.....
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Not Reqd as of now
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
InLand Applicant

sk6492

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2017
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017
Hi

My employer applied on 29 sept

...few months before i read somewhere in this forum that Opportunities Ontario is processing files and someone got a reply in just 2 weeks...
I was having hopes...then came the sad news of 2014 quota being filled....and now this!

@PK_11 did your employer called them about the status again.....(i read your post where they said they might respond next month)

and do you have any idea when will the 2015 nominations quota be launched. ( it was march in 2014 and june in 2013)

PK_11

Sep 18, 2014
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2016
Doc's Request.
16-09-2016 (RPRF)
Nomination.....
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Not Reqd as of now
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
InLand Applicant
Hi,

My employer did called couple of the times, they have same ans "File is open, Decision is not made yet. We cannot say when you will get reply but make sure you are on valid status when your application is in process."

If your company has filed Pre screening earlier for some other employee, in that case your pre screening result come soon. But if company is applying very first time in that case be ready for long wait reply.

They said if you don't hear any thing by Nov end, than it will be in Feb 2015 as Dec and Jan office is closed.

There is no point of calling them, they have same set of answer for specific question.

My manager even tried to drag local MP in this, but No use.

PK_11

Sep 18, 2014
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2016
Doc's Request.
16-09-2016 (RPRF)
Nomination.....
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Not Reqd as of now
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
InLand Applicant
emcanada21 said:
No result yet over 90 days now
when did you apply for Pre screening ?

since2012

Feb 4, 2015
Hi,

I graduated from a college (ON) last August and started working from Sep as a contractor in one of the major banks in Canada.
I finally got an offer as an FTE (permanent full-time employee) last week, my start date will be in a couple weeks.

As I am perfectly eligible for Ontario PNP (International Student with a job offer stream), I'd like to proceed but not sure how to get an employee pre-screen.
Does my manager (in my team) have to fill the form or HR has to do it?
My manager briefly talked to someone in HR (+ my manager doesn't really know well about this PNP, I had to sum it up and explain PNP to her), but she said HR doesn't seem to support this.

And I can barely find any information about this stream, while I occasionally see some cases (online) for those with a MA or PhD degree (in Canada).

Now that I finally find you guys having gone through the same path I will be, could you please help me with some information here?
I don't care too much about the processing time, but desperately want to know how to get the pre-screen.

So, here's what I want to know again.

1. Can my manager fill out the form? or HR person must do it?

2. Either way, does my employer(either Manager or HR) need to submit this 'pre-screen application' BEFORE they give me an offer?

i.e. Does my employer need to apply for pre-screen first AND get the approval first before I start working as an employee?
(I think that would almost be not realistic, given that getting a permanent full-time position for a foreign graduate is already pretty tough, and even for PR or citizens, employers won't really wait up to 3 months until they get an approval before they can have their employees start working.)

3. How did you guys convince your employer(either manager or HR) to go through the process (=submitting the 'Pre-screen application form')?
Did it happen with no hassle? Or did you have to push/convince your employer in any ways? If so, what did you do?

Any information regarding this matter would be extremely appreciated.
Looking forward to hearing from anyone with the same experience.

Thanks a lot!!

J

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
since2012 said:
Hi,

I graduated from a college (ON) last August and started working from Sep as a contractor in one of the major banks in Canada.
I finally got an offer as an FTE (permanent full-time employee) last week, my start date will be in a couple weeks.

As I am perfectly eligible for Ontario PNP (International Student with a job offer stream), I'd like to proceed but not sure how to get an employee pre-screen.
Does my manager (in my team) have to fill the form or HR has to do it?
My manager briefly talked to someone in HR (+ my manager doesn't really know well about this PNP, I had to sum it up and explain PNP to her), but she said HR doesn't seem to support this.

And I can barely find any information about this stream, while I occasionally see some cases (online) for those with a MA or PhD degree (in Canada).

Now that I finally find you guys having gone through the same path I will be, could you please help me with some information here?
I don't care too much about the processing time, but desperately want to know how to get the pre-screen.

So, here's what I want to know again.

1. Can my manager fill out the form? or HR person must do it?

2. Either way, does my employer(either Manager or HR) need to submit this 'pre-screen application' BEFORE they give me an offer?

i.e. Does my employer need to apply for pre-screen first AND get the approval first before I start working as an employee?
(I think that would almost be not realistic, given that getting a permanent full-time position for a foreign graduate is already pretty tough, and even for PR or citizens, employers won't really wait up to 3 months until they get an approval before they can have their employees start working.)

3. How did you guys convince your employer(either manager or HR) to go through the process (=submitting the 'Pre-screen application form')?
Did it happen with no hassle? Or did you have to push/convince your employer in any ways? If so, what did you do?

Any information regarding this matter would be extremely appreciated.
Looking forward to hearing from anyone with the same experience.

Thanks a lot!!

J
Same question

dream_hunter

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DECEMBER 1, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
i have the same questions too!

moose83

Star Member
Aug 3, 2013
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th Feb 2016
AOR Received.
25th Feb 2016
Med's Done....
27th Feb 2016
Hi,

I have applied for OPNP in Feb 2015. My Employer has sent the pre-screening application to Opportunities Ontario. I was wondering how much time does it take for getting pre-screening certificate?

marianacimini

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 8, 2015
AOR Received.
May 8, 2015
moose83 said:
Hi,

I have applied for OPNP in Feb 2015. My Employer has sent the pre-screening application to Opportunities Ontario. I was wondering how much time does it take for getting pre-screening certificate?
My employer has submitted the pre-screening on September last year and we didn't hear anything yet.
Opportunities Ontario said it will take from 6 to 8 weeks to get it approved.

On the website it says that the process takes 90 days... good luck for you and please let us know if you have any news.

moose83

Star Member
Aug 3, 2013
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th Feb 2016
AOR Received.
25th Feb 2016
Med's Done....
27th Feb 2016
marianacimini said:
My employer has submitted the pre-screening on September last year and we didn't hear anything yet.
Opportunities Ontario said it will take from 6 to 8 weeks to get it approved.

On the website it says that the process takes 90 days... good luck for you and please let us know if you have any news.
Yes Definitely .. 6 to 8 weeks? Can you please share the link where it is mentioned? Thanks

marianacimini

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 8, 2015
AOR Received.
May 8, 2015
moose83 said:
Yes Definitely .. 6 to 8 weeks? Can you please share the link where it is mentioned? Thanks
It is not a link, that is the answer my employer got by email when they contact Opportunities Ontario asking about my application.

moose83

Star Member
Aug 3, 2013
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th Feb 2016
AOR Received.
25th Feb 2016
Med's Done....
27th Feb 2016
Ok, so shall I ask my employer to enquire about my application? Application was submitted on 4th Feb.

marianacimini

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 8, 2015
AOR Received.
May 8, 2015
moose83 said:
Ok, so shall I ask my employer to enquire about my application? Application was submitted on 4th Feb.
You probably should wait for the 90 days and if you don't get any response after that you should ask your employer to contact them.