+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) 2020 Discussion Join Here

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
There was a discussion a few days back about the number of NOIs left with OINP for 2020. I looked at their 2019 numbers on the website.

NOIs issued in 2019
  • Human Capital Priorities Stream - 6958
  • French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream - 549
  • Skilled Trades Stream - 1399
These are just NOIs. If we look at the actual stream wise nominations sent, they are as below.

2019 OINP Nominations by stream

StreamNumber of nominations
Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream1,347
Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream19
Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream1,195
PhD Graduate Stream234
Masters Graduate Stream805
Ontario’s Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream639
Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream2,710
Ontario’s Express Entry French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream401
Entrepreneur Stream0
NOC C Pilot41
Grand total7,391

So for HCP, NOIs issued were 6958 but actual nominations sent were only 2710.

What should we make of the above numbers? I know some folks might have lost their nomination due to their issues like reference letter or funds availability or something else. Some might have just rejected it and waited for ITA through normal draws. But the difference is significant, isn't it?

The 2020 data after the 26th August draw is as below:

NOIs issued in 2020 to date
  • Human Capital Priorities Stream - 4,833
  • French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream - 692
  • Skilled Trades Stream - 948
YTD NOIs for HCP are still ~2000 lower after yesterday's draw. Last year HCP draws stopped in August. Was the 26th August draw the last one for HCP this year too? Or there can be 2000 more NOIs issued for both Non Tech and Tech NOCs via 2 more draws?
Well buddy, you gotta include the International Students and Foreign Job offer Streams too
These too occupy a large chunk of the given quotas
Even I'm expecting a tech draw to arrive by Sep

mohit2018

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Well buddy, you gotta include the International Students and Foreign Job offer Streams too
These too occupy a large chunk of the given quotas
Even I'm expecting a tech draw to arrive by Sep
I am also expecting at least one more tech draw, considering they said earlier this year that they would focus more on tech NOCs, and comparing the tech invites to last year, it seems there could be another draw. To be honest, I am waiting for it too as It is my only chance. But I know it will depend on the no. of invitation they issue and when exactly they conduct it. :rolleyes: Whats your CRS btw?

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
I am also expecting at least one more tech draw, considering they said earlier this year that they would focus more on tech NOCs, and comparing the tech invites to last year, it seems there could be another draw. To be honest, I am waiting for it too as It is my only chance. But I know it will depend on the no. of invitation they issue and when exactly they conduct it. :rolleyes: Whats your CRS btw?
Mine is 467

Vevesmiranda

Jul 24, 2017
Waterloo
Category........
PNP
Hello. Anyone applied through the international student and received the nomination in June 2020? Any idea about when we will be receiving updates after sending the documentation to the federal authority? I have seen some timelines saying about AR/AOR/MP... and I have no idea what Is this all about.

Reactions: J20190911

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
Hello. Anyone applied through the international student and received the nomination in June 2020? Any idea about when we will be receiving updates after sending the documentation to the federal authority? I have seen some timelines saying about AR/AOR/MP... and I have no idea what Is this all about.
We are not in that stage, however i guess they stand for AR - Application received. AOR - Acknowledgment of receipt. MR - Medical results. PAL - Pre Arrival letter. ADR - Additional Document Request

Can you share your timeline, how much time your application spent in DIP stage? My wife's is there since 20 August.

Last edited:

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Highly doubtful if anymore EE related draws will happen this year. OINP has nominated 4k people by early July and about 3k are waiting to be nominated, both combined are very close their yearly allocation limit of 7.3k, maybe a non EE stream may open. I would suggest to increase your score to around 470 and wait for regular FSW draw.

Edit: 4,814 nominations issued as of August 13th, about 2500 remaining.
Buddy, they have issued 4814 nominations which is what even I read from the portal. But if you see, they have issued 1.2k invitations on July 29 (which must not be in the 4.8K nomination list, as July 29 candidates may take some time to submit the docs) and once their nomination is done, I guess the 2.5k might be reduced to the 1000 range.
On top of the above, they have also issued 700 NOIs to the non-tech category by Aug 26 and successful nominations of these 700 too would take up the remaining 1000 number of nominations left for the year.
Above all these, they also have taken nearly 1000 applications from the International Students Stream (August 27).
So do you think I'm making the right calculation and correct me if I'm wrong
Do you also believe that there might be a tech draw this September?

Feb 22, 2020
Hey everyone,
I'm new to the group.
Looking for PR basis skilled worker, scores are pretty low now around 410 so any suggestions on how to proceed would help.
Thanks.
SM.

dpbandi

Aug 31, 2020
Hey everyone,
I'm new to the group.
Looking for PR basis skilled worker, scores are pretty low now around 410 so any suggestions on how to proceed would help.
Thanks.
SM.
what will be the Cut off points CRS for Ontario PNP program? is there any chance for 397 points with skilled worker(IT)?

• Wow
Reactions: shahanaz

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
Expecting a nomination HOPEFULLY finger crossed, to be followed by PR application. On police certificates if I had got one from the country I lived in after I left it and never went back including my home country to I need new ones. thanks.

iam_ij

Star Member
Jul 20, 2020
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Any chance of a french speaking skilled worker draw soon ?
Any other applicants waiting for french draw ?

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
- In that sense, 2019 was a good year for OINP. Don't think there were as many dead NOIs as there are in 2020. Case in point: OINP HCP Tech Draw, 2019 - 2 draws, 3366 NOIs (in a span of 20 days). Score range 435-459 as on Aug 1st. EE CRS was always above 460 after Aug 1st.

- 2019 was the first year they launched targeted draws and OINP did b2b draws to meet the annual allocation. I mean, 4400 NOI in 30 days (July 12- Aug 15, 2019) - didn't see anything like that till now in 2020.

- In early 2019 there was also a General Draw (part of HCP) which issued nearly 1500 NOIs. Don't see that happening in 2020 so you can allocate those numbers in 60:40 % basis to Tech and Priority respectively.

- 2020 has been more or less once every quarter. That's where I believe 1 Priority Draw Before September 2020 and 1 Tech + 1 Priority in Last Quarter (Oct-Dec 2020) is still in store.

- Going by numbers - Even after the tech draw on July 29th, there are close to 2500 NOIs which still remain to be allocated to above 3 draws just to match 2019 NOIs. Any additional allocation is a bonus.

2020 hasn't been a good year for many. Hope these last few months bring some cheer.
So what about the International Students Stream, Masters stream and few other streams that occupy the nominations?
Plus OINP has already issued 4814 Nominations. July 29 draw was massive and nearly 1200 NOIs were given. All those will be nominated and will add up to the pending 2500 nominations left
Really lost all hopes of another HCP draw (tech/non-tech). I guess they are done for the year
My score - CRS 467 and NOC is 2173
Missed the last tech draw due to delay in my ECA report
Will be really really glad if there is one more tech draw before the end of 2020