+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) 2020 Discussion Join Here

shadow_of_life

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
No update yet, submitted on 8th August. Don't expect speedy processing as OINP has to process a ton of applications and they are opening another stream today. I would stick to their official processing timeline of 60-90 days.
Given that they are doing PNP+CEC draw today, I feel that OINP is my only hope. Can anyone give some color to the rate of rejection? I feel like I am very much qualified for nomination but still worried.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Given that they are doing PNP+CEC draw today, I feel that OINP is my only hope. Can anyone give some color to the rate of rejection? I feel like I am very much qualified for nomination but still worried.
Refusal rate is very low from what I have seen if your documents are in order. Applicants with ties to Canada have very strict requirements as the documents they submit can be verified within the country itself.

I think its best to not get too hung up on this and treat it same as regular draws as anything can happen. Hoping for the best.

rajneeshdubey

Aug 15, 2020
Refusal rate is very low from what I have seen if your documents are in order. Applicants with ties to Canada have very strict requirements as the documents they submit can be verified within the country itself.

I think its best to not get too hung up on this and treat it same as regular draws as anything can happen. Hoping for the best.
What do you mean by, "Applicants with ties to Canada have very strict requirements as the documents they submit can be verified within the country itself."

rajneeshdubey

Aug 15, 2020
CRS 471, NOC 1122

June 3rd: received the invitation for OINP
July 15th: submit the application
July 31st : Status : Application Received
Aug 7th: Status: Decision in process
Aug 19th: Status: Approved
Received the nomination

Probably, will receive the ITA in the next draw
Congratulations!

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
What do you mean by, "Applicants with ties to Canada have very strict requirements as the documents they submit can be verified within the country itself."
People who are currently working or have previously worked in Canada and have claimed that work experience.

sarikavats

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
CRS 471, NOC 1122

June 3rd: received the invitation for OINP
July 15th: submit the application
July 31st : Status : Application Received
Aug 7th: Status: Decision in process
Aug 19th: Status: Approved
Received the nomination

Probably, will receive the ITA in the next draw
Wow.. Congrats.. You received approval in approx. 1 month. Great..!!

Reactions: harry3190

ofuochi

Aug 21, 2020
Hello Guys,

I received NOI on the 29th of July and submitted my documents on the 15th of August. After my submission, the status changed to "Submitted" as expected, however, I do not see the "blue document icon" beside my file number and this is making me uneasy. Please has anyone that has submitted seen a blue document icon beside their file number?

workingmind

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
Do processing time for OINP HCP applications vary according to country of application? Does an application from USA get faster processing than the one from India? I know the OINP website says 60-90 days for all, but it might vary due to factors like geographic proximity, faster verification etc.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Hello Guys,

I received NOI on the 29th of July and submitted my documents on the 15th of August. After my submission, the status changed to "Submitted" as expected, however, I do not see the "blue document icon" beside my file number and this is making me uneasy. Please has anyone that has submitted seen a blue document icon beside their file number?
Those icons are for additional document requests only.

Reactions: ofuochi

Koniloca

Aug 21, 2020
Do processing time for OINP HCP applications vary according to country of application? Does an application from USA get faster processing than the one from India? I know the OINP website says 60-90 days for all, but it might vary due to factors like geographic proximity, faster verification etc.
I don’t think so, I submitted on Aug 5th and still it’s in submitted status.

Reactions: shadow_of_life

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
Hi,

I need help. My friend was able to register for the International Student Stream but his work permit is expiring soon. Is it possible to make the process faster or have his application processed before?

He registered yesterday and will submit his application. His work permit expires on the 22nd of October 2020

I read that he can email immigration to inform them about his situation. Is it worth even apply knowing that if the work permit expires, he will lose his job and not be eligible anymore.

Reactions: J20190911

lone_ranger

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Any prediction on OINP General or targeted occupation draw?

As per prediction and in line with trends of last year, OINP has successfully conducted Tech draw at the end of July 2020. After that, a general draw was expected in the month of August 2020 but OINP has not conducted such draw to date. I wonder is there any change of plans by OINP as they might be excluding any general or targeted occupation draws for this year. Any thoughts?