+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) 2020 Discussion Join Here

VinothAJ

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Hello There,

i have been nominated by Ontario in April 2020 and i am still in the process of gathering my documents (pcc delayed) to submit the express entry application by end of August 2020.

I read somewhere that pnp nominated application will take more time than normal Express Entry application. Is it true?

Thanks!
Dont think so. The timelines are quite similar I believe.

I think probably wherever you read, they would've intended to say, the overall timeline for a PNP route is longer cos the nomination process takes 2-3 months and then, another 6-8 months for the IRCC process. But the flip side you are guaranteed an invite due to the 600 additional points.

A question to you:

I also received nomination last week. I wanted to know if we can use the same set of documents that we used for the PNP application? Especially the reference letters, cos a few months difference wouldnt make a big difference. I can attach the latest payslips to prove active employment but do we really need a second set of reference letters from supervisors?

eswarravipati

Apr 16, 2020
Dont think so. The timelines are quite similar I believe.

I think probably wherever you read, they would've intended to say, the overall timeline for a PNP route is longer cos the nomination process takes 2-3 months and then, another 6-8 months for the IRCC process. But the flip side you are guaranteed an invite due to the 600 additional points.

A question to you:

I also received nomination last week. I wanted to know if we can use the same set of documents that we used for the PNP application? Especially the reference letters, cos a few months difference wouldnt make a big difference. I can attach the latest payslips to prove active employment but do we really need a second set of reference letters from supervisors?
I am not sure.. I am still waiting for my wife police clearances from India. If possible get the letter again to be on the safe side.

Kirat305

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Needs expert’s help! When we fill OINP form it their portal, there is a question that-

If you ever submitted in an application under provincial nomination program from Ontario or any other province.

Last year I submitted an expression of interest application for prince Edward island and withdrew it later the same day.

so now in OINP should I say yes or no?

Komkom

Mar 1, 2020
Needs expert’s help! When we fill OINP form it their portal, there is a question that-

If you ever submitted in an application under provincial nomination program from Ontario or any other province.

Last year I submitted an expression of interest application for prince Edward island and withdrew it later the same day.

so now in OINP should I say yes or no?
It should be No.

You select yes only if you get Notification of interest and submit your documents afterwards like you want to do for ontario

Kirat305

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
It should be No.

You select yes only if you get Notification of interest and submit your documents afterwards like you want to do for ontario
I actually said yes unfortunately for this and submitted my profile a day back!

can you share what should I do now?

Chirag89

Aug 18, 2020
Hello People,

I am in a serious situation, please help!

Can i update my Bachelor degree completion month/date in CIC profile after getting Notification of interest from OINP?

I recently noticed that there's a month mismatch in my actual degree completion date(Sep-2010) and my CIC profile(Dec-2010). However, in WES report, month of completion is not at all mentioned.

Is ECA report enough to support educational documents while submitting profile to OINP and IRCC after ITA or do I need to add copies of degree as well which may cause trouble if they find out the date difference in degree and profile?

Note: I've Master degree as well, is it okay, if I upload my Master degree only and ignore Bachelor's?

Guys, please help me out!

PG12

Sep 22, 2016
Ontario has opened
Employer Job Offer: International Student stream
Any insights ?

Will these nominations be included in the OINP pnp which is left with ~ 2500 nominations ???

dkincanada

Jul 8, 2020
Ontario has opened
Employer Job Offer: International Student stream
Any insights ?

Will these nominations be included in the OINP pnp which is left with ~ 2500 nominations ???
These will be included. But don’t forget they still haven’t issued nominations to OINP employer job offer foreign worker stream. 1300 candidates registered. Its in process. Those are also going to be included in 2500.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
These will be included. But don’t forget they still haven’t issued nominations to OINP employer job offer foreign worker stream. 1300 candidates registered. Its in process. Those are also going to be included in 2500.
Also don't forget about the 1288 NOI's issued on July 29th. If a general draw happens today, some of those NOI's will be wasted again.

sarikavats

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Hello,
Has anyone received any update on the OINP application status? I submitted application on 6th August and status is still Submitted.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Hello,
Has anyone received any update on the OINP application status? I submitted application on 6th August and status is still Submitted.
No update yet, submitted on 8th August. Don't expect speedy processing as OINP has to process a ton of applications and they are opening another stream today. I would stick to their official processing timeline of 60-90 days.