+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP: Internation Student Stream

Milesh

Jan 13, 2024
Hey Everyone,
I have applied for the Internation Student Stream program and waiting for an invitation.
Next month, I am getting married.
So, I want to ask about the list of things that I need to do If I get married before getting an invitation.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
As it stands I don't think you can communicate the change in status until they give you the nomination. Once they give you the nomination, you have to communicate that you are now married and present the certificate. The office will ask you for supporting documents for your spouse (passport, permits, education, etc). They may also re-evaluate your nomination using the spousal information to make sure as a couple, you meet the PNP requirement.

So I would suggest getting the spouse's documents in order so you can submit them early for a prompt review.

Last edited:

Milesh

Jan 13, 2024
But, after my marriage, I am planning to bring my wife on a spouse visa. Then how can I prove to them that we both are eligible for Ontario PNP?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
But, after my marriage, I am planning to bring my wife on a spouse visa. Then how can I prove to them that we both are eligible for Ontario PNP?
I have no idea how you are going to prove that your spouse who would be in the country for a couple of weeks at that time (or maybe not) is eligible under PNP. In any event, you can add them to the pnp application even though they are overseas. When they land on the spousal visa you can inform the pnp office of this change.

One more thing, you will be the primary applicant so there is no need to prove her eligibility. YOU must be eligible with a spouse. It is already assumed that the spouse will live with you in the province if you are given pnp.