N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Hi There,

I have recently been nominated by Ontario in the PNP - Int'l Student With Job Offer category. I was told to send my PR application to Buffalo. As I am preparing my PR application, I faced couple of issues. I will really appreciate if anyone here can answer any/all of it:

(1) Proof of Funds: Do I need to show a bank statement? I was nominated based on my offered/current job. In the CIC application guide, there is a section of PoF; but it doesn't say anything in the Checklist (Buffalo). [Reference: E37048, Checklist, No. 10, Settlement Funds] Again, there is a box to fill out with the amount of cash/fund I have in IMM0008 Schedule 4: Economic Class - Provincial Nominee. I only found the amount need to be shown in FSW category. It's $13,800 for 2 persons in the family. Is this the amount they want to see even for PNP?

(2) My spouse who doesn't live here in Canada with me rather lives in my home country is also included in the application/nomination. I will be sending both of our documents as I am the principal applicant here. But I don't exactly get it how/where she will be sending passports/ medical reports/ or other docs (when asked) in future.

(3) Processing Time: Has someone recently gone through Buffalo PR procedure? How long can it take for an Ontario Nominee? It says 11 months for Provincial Nominees in CIC website which is even longer than CEC. How come it's considered as (one of) the fastest immigration way?

(4) Fees: What is "cost recovery cheque"? I thought just a bank draft would do. Should I have to make 2 different drafts for myself and my wife? Or, just one with the full amount due will work?

Thanks a lot. :)

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2010 (Aug.6 rec'vd by Ottawa)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
1. If you have a job offer, the POF requirement is not needed hence, you only put the actual amount of money you have in the bank. you can also provide a copy of the job offer letter from your employer as proof.

2. My husband applied for PNP and he's also already in Canada on a work permit. He sent our application to Buffalo, he received the medical request and AOR in Canada, then he sent the medical request for myself and our daughter to us via courier since we his dependents are still living in our home country. Your spouse can have her medicals done with a DMP in your home country, she just needs to tell the DMP that her medicals should be sent to Ottawa (DMPs know where to send once Ottawa is mentioned) and not at the CHC in your home country.
Passport request will be sent to you in your Canadian address and all passports for principal applicant and dependents should be sent at the same time, so your spouse will have to send her passport to you so it can be stamped with the PR visa.
Once you get the passports back with PR visa and COPR, you send it to your spouse so she can use it to land in Canada

3. PNP processing time has changed a lot compared to last year, before it was 6-8 months. now it's 11 months. most likely reason for this is because of a high volume of applications (PNP category) received by CIC.

4. My husband sent a bank draft or certified check payable to the Canadian Consulate General. You send one check only that will cover processing fee for you and your spouse, don't send separate payments. For info on paying fees in Buffalo, here's the link http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/fees-frais_buffalo.aspx

Good luck! :)

Reactions: Rossei

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Thanks rubyalabar for your reply. That clarifies a lot now. I'm just disappointed at the long processing time. Seemingly, they are showing the same reason for each category "Large volume of applications"

Since your case almost matches with my wife; I can't help asking you where you from and have you ever tried for a Spouse Visitor Visa for Canada? I will be trying to have her a Single-entry TRV meanwhile my application is being processed. I can't tell her that it's gonna take another year and not 6-8 months :( She will go crazy :eek:

Wish you get PR b4 the holidays!!!

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
thanks! i'm from the philippines. i'm not sure about Ontario PNP but in the province that nominated us, principal applicant can apply for an open work permit for the spouse if the job is in the skilled level category A,B or 0. We did not go that route because, sadly, we were not aware that it can be done and now it will not make sense to apply since we are already at the last stages of the PR application.

Rossei said:
Thanks rubyalabar for your reply. That clarifies a lot now. I'm just disappointed at the long processing time. Seemingly, they are showing the same reason for each category "Large volume of applications"

Since your case almost matches with my wife; I can't help asking you where you from and have you ever tried for a Spouse Visitor Visa for Canada? I will be trying to have her a Single-entry TRV meanwhile my application is being processed. I can't tell her that it's gonna take another year and not 6-8 months :( She will go crazy :eek:

Wish you get PR b4 the holidays!!!

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
rubyalabar said:
i'm not sure about Ontario PNP but in the province that nominated us, principal applicant can apply for an open work permit for the spouse if the job is in the skilled level category A,B or 0.
Well, that's true in Ontario as well (at least as far I know); but don't know the procedure...

When I talked to Ontario Opportunities prior to getting nominated, I was told that they would not issue any supporting paper by which my wife can apply for an OPEN WORK PERMIT. But my wife is actually eligilble for an OPEN WORK PERMIT according to CIC for the reason that I'm already on 3-year long post-grad work permit and working as skill level A and according to Ontario-PNP for the reason that I got nominated by Ontario and my spouse is eligilble for an OPEN WORK PERMIT (along with mine if I don't already posses one) till our immigration has a result

All I knew was she has to come here first with a Visitor Visa/TRV and then apply for the work permit here (within Canada) like using the forms for Extend Your Status/Stay. But it's not that easy to convince a Visa Officer back in Bangladesh that she will be returning home even though her husband is living abroad (Canada), working and moreover applied for Permanent Resisdency. That's why I got interested in your saying that THE PRINCIPAL APPLICANT CAN APPLY FOR AN OPEN WORK PERMIT FOR THE SPOUSE. But how? :-\

Can you provide me with any link to CIC or anywhere else where I can find sufficient info regarding that? If you have time, could you go through the last paragraph(s) of

cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who.asp
or
cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/work/work-faq08.asp

Well, that's all I found.
I will again appreciate if you can help me out with this. Thanks a lot for your prompt replies :D

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
you can scan through these documents, i got some useful info out of them

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op07b-eng.pdf

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/fw/fw01-eng.pdf pages 18, 48, 70

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/applications/guides/5553E3.asp

it's true that the real obstacle is getting a TRV. i am not so confident that i will get one that's why i'm still here in the philippines waiting for the PR visa.

you can look for forum member job_seeker and maybe send him a PM to ask about this. he is very knowledgeable about work permits and TRVs.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Thanks for all those links. I skimmed through them as they are really long. Then I decided to call CIC. Well, they said that my wife is not eligible to apply for an Open Work Permit since I got an Open Work Pemit myself. I already had got my post-grad work permit before I got nominated; so there wasn't any need to apply for a specific work permit based on my nomination.

This doesn't make much sense; moreover it seems like a flaw to the system.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Can any1 help me out with PNP Main Application where it requires the National ID No/Card to fill out (if applicable). Well, my wife has a National Voter ID Card which is not entirely in English. Only her name, DOB and the ID No appear both in English & our native language. All other things are in native lingo. For example, her parents' name, issue date & signature and the back side where the norms are described.

Do I have to attach a translated copy of this ID with the application?