+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP 2017

rameshnair

Jul 14, 2017
Hi,
I have got ielts clb 9 score and wes is done . I want to go through Ontario PNP.
What is the next step for Express entry?

Do i need to start creating a EE profile right away?

-Ramesh

starcatcher999

Star Member
May 3, 2017
The first step is to get in the pool to be considered for Ontario yes but..

You will also need 1 year minimum work experience in NOC 00, A or B which must of been in the last 5 years

Demonstrate you hold the minimum funds for you and any dependent family members

Intent to reside in Ontario

Have a bachelors degree Canadian equivalencey minimum..

Have proof of employent for all jobs in the past 10 years such as work contracts, pay stubs and most importantly reference letters

If you have all this you can be considered for Ontarios Nominee program but you Must retain a score of 400+ crs before and throughout the process. Also you need to get a letter of interest from Ontario before you apply.. You can't get this till your in the pool. If and when you get the letter of interest (invitation to apply to Ontario) depends highly on certain criteria Ontario sets such as experience, age and NOC code

Last edited:
Reactions: Wandering Mind

rameshnair

Jul 14, 2017
Thanks for the reply. I do not have 400 score last time i did the assessment through Canada Visa.
What are my chances?

Snobby

Jul 12, 2017
Here is what the official website states

To be eligible to apply, you must meet the following provincial criteria:

Work Experience: A minimum of either:
one year work experience within the past five years according to the criteria under the Federal Skilled Workers Program
one year work experience within the past three years according to the criteria under the Canadian Experience Class

Education: Equivalent of a Canadian Bachelor’s degree or above
Language: A minimum of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in English or in French
Settlement Funds: A minimum level of savings or income to support you and your family members
Intent: An intention to live in Ontario
Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) Score: A minimum of 400 points in the CRS of IRCC’s Express Entry system.

For details go to this site http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL_WHO.html

When was the last time you did your assessment? Maybe try doing it again if it was a while ago. All the best mate.

Snobby

Jul 12, 2017
Also came across this link thanks to @TanakaM .
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

July 4, 2017

Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream: List of Targeted Occupations by National Occupational Classification (NOC) Codes

On June 28, 2017, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) announced that it would issue targeted Notifications of Interest (NOIs) to candidates who qualify for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities (HCP) Stream and who have work experience in the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) sector.

The OINP targeted candidates in the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) sector with work experience in the following NOC codes:

NOC 0131: Telecommunication Carriers Managers
NOC 0213: Computer and Information Systems Managers
NOC 2133: Electrical and Electronics Engineers
NOC 2147: Computer Engineers (Except Software Engineers and Designers)
NOC 2171: Information Systems Analysts and Consultants
NOC 2172: Database Analysts and Data Administrators
NOC 2173: Software Engineers and Designers
NOC 2174: Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers
NOC 2175: Web Designers and Developers
NOC 2241: Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technologists and Technicians
NOC 2281: Computer Network Technicians
NOC 2282: User Support Technicians
NOC 2283: Systems Testing Technicians
NOC 5224: Broadcast Technicians
NOC 5241: Graphic Designers and Illustrators
For these occupations only, the OINP lowered the required minimum Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score below 400. However, candidates will still need to meet all other HCP stream eligibility

starcatcher999

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Thanks for the reply. I do not have 400 score last time i did the assessment through Canada Visa.
What are my chances?
They WERE giving out letters of interest to candidates with below 400 CRS but to certain NOC codes which someone posted a list of here already but there is speculation that was one week only thing.. Not to say they won't do that again and maybe add other in demand NOC codes if yours isn't on that list. Good luck