AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
I have a few queries for OPNP job offer applicants.

First, is pre-screening by the employer easier than LMIA?
Second, suppose the applicant wants to apply for EE later, do they have to apply for pre-screening the second time too to get the certificate?
Third, OPNP applicants who may apply for EE later, can they do it through FSW or CEC only?

I know OPNP has not started EE yet, but my questions relate to more like OPNP general now vs. EE through OPNP later.

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Hi seniors, I need your guidance, and I will really appreciate your kind words on my case,
I came here in Ontario to complete my Masters (M.Eng) in April-2014, before that I had 5 years of experience in industry in Pakistan (after Bsc. Elec. Eng Undergrad)

I have completed 2 semesters of M.Eng (May-2014 to Sep-2014 with 90%+ grades) here in Canada and only left with one semester, these days I am completing my Co-op which is for 8 months (Jan-15 to Aug-2015). I have a wife and kid back home (their visit visa refused 2 times for Canada). My question is

1. Can I apply for Ontario PNP now?, as they say you can apply if you have lived for 1 year in Ontario, and in April my 1 year will be completed, although my degree is still not complete!
2. Will my Co-op experience count towards one year for CEC, if I apply for Canadian Experience Class (CEC)? I know for FSW I need LMO based job offer which is near to impossible, so for me only hope is either CEC or PNP, what you say?
3. Since my degree is not complete (One semester left) If I apply for PNP and write them a letter explaining the situation that I will stay here in Ontario, and since my grades are excellent, I will definitely complete my degree as well, will they accept this letter and issue me PNP letter? And what usually time it takes to get PNP?
4. The only reason behind this is to bring my wife and kid here as soon as possible, since its more then a year we met each other. Her visit visa applications refused two times, and now if I waited for my degree to complete and then get my post graduate work permit and then apply for PNP, it will take too much time.
5. Based on my above, case please guide me what should be shortest and feasible option for me to get PR soon for my whole family?

Thanks in advance for your kind words.

Regards
BA

ROCKY_JUNIOR

Star Member
Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 28, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 28, 2015
Med's Request
APRIL 29, 2016
Med's Done....
MAY 9, 2016
Passport Req..
JUNE 17TH, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 6TH, 2016
LANDED..........
JULY 8TH, 2016 .......
;D ;D
Well I applied PNP (without Job-offer Under International Master's graduate Stream) in Oct first week,got File number in Oct third week but unfortunately fourth week they met the quota for PNP applications for 2014.
So it will consider towards this year(2015),no update after that ,no docs requested ,still waiting for their response..

Good Luck to everyone who's applying PNP this year and who's waiting PNP certificate . :p :p

Cheers. 8) 8)

maximin

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
b4ahmad said:
Hi seniors, I need your guidance, and I will really appreciate your kind words on my case,
I came here in Ontario to complete my Masters (M.Eng) in April-2014, before that I had 5 years of experience in industry in Pakistan (after Bsc. Elec. Eng Undergrad)

I have completed 2 semesters of M.Eng (May-2014 to Sep-2014 with 90%+ grades) here in Canada and only left with one semester, these days I am completing my Co-op which is for 8 months (Jan-15 to Aug-2015). I have a wife and kid back home (their visit visa refused 2 times for Canada). My question is

1. Can I apply for Ontario PNP now?, as they say you can apply if you have lived for 1 year in Ontario, and in April my 1 year will be completed, although my degree is still not complete!
2. Will my Co-op experience count towards one year for CEC, if I apply for Canadian Experience Class (CEC)? I know for FSW I need LMO based job offer which is near to impossible, so for me only hope is either CEC or PNP, what you say?
3. Since my degree is not complete (One semester left) If I apply for PNP and write them a letter explaining the situation that I will stay here in Ontario, and since my grades are excellent, I will definitely complete my degree as well, will they accept this letter and issue me PNP letter? And what usually time it takes to get PNP?
4. The only reason behind this is to bring my wife and kid here as soon as possible, since its more then a year we met each other. Her visit visa applications refused two times, and now if I waited for my degree to complete and then get my post graduate work permit and then apply for PNP, it will take too much time.
5. Based on my above, case please guide me what should be shortest and feasible option for me to get PR soon for my whole family?

Thanks in advance for your kind words.

Regards
BA
1. You can, but you will not be able to provide the proof of living in Ontario for 12 months and as a result your application will be returned. (Advice for the future, the best way to fulfil this requirement is to submit credit card statements for the last 12 months.)

2. Unfortunately work experience gained as a part of a study program can not be counted towards CEC.

3. You can apply in your last term but OPNP will not be able to issue the certificate until you provide the letter of completion of all program requirements from your university. On average processing takes 2-3 months for Master stream applicants. But you might be requested for additional documents or the quota might be reached before you'll get your nomination. All of it can cause a noticeable delay.

4. Did you order GCMS notes? What were the reasons for visa rejection?

5. If I were you, I would apply for OPNP with all required documents in April and submit the letter of completion later.

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Thanks Maximin for your words,

1. I do have proof of living here, I can show credit card transactions, + house rent receipts + electricity bills on my name with university enrollment certificates. Will these document fulfill the requirement of OPNP for 1 year living?

2. Regarding documents for PNP, they require birth certificate? Birth date is mentioned on passport and other documents but I do not have specifically "Birth certificate" should I arrange it beforehand, or without it, things work? And do I need to get police certificate as well? When I came here I got police certificate, but that is expired now. So if they require police certificate, will I need to provide it from Ontario, or I need to get it again from back home (Hell long process).

3. What you suggest, should I wait for Express Entry OPNP, or go with regular one? regular one is taking almost 2 years to reach PR (Correct me if I am wrong). And one more thing, My study permit is going to expire in August this year, so Should I get it renewed before applying for PNP, or directly apply for pNP in April?

4. I requested for GCMS notes for my wife first time, and there was nothing mentioned. All those points which were in rejection letter, same were there in GCMS notes (Your travel history, Your financial status, family ties in Canada and back home etc). But specifically there were no comments from VO.

5. If you don't mind, could you please share what documents you supplied for your PNP application?

Thanks for your advice.

regards

samatha

Mar 29, 2015
Mr.B4Ahmad as per the latest update mentioned on Ontario PNP website you can't apply for PNP under masters stream till you officially complete your degree before you have option to file for PNP under masters stream in last semester you do not have that option any more.pls check programming updates in website.

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Hi,
My husbands employer sent the pre screen application on the 23 of February, they got it on the 24,he got the file number on the 2 of April.
is it a normal time to get file number?
noc 7237- foreign worker

samatha

Mar 29, 2015
Mr.B4Ahmad as per the latest update mentioned on Ontario PNP website you can't apply for PNP under masters stream till you officially complete your degree before you have option to file for PNP under masters stream in last semester you do not have that option any more.pls check programming updates in website.

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Hi,
My husbands employer sent the pre screen application on the 23 of February, they got it on the 24,he got the file number on the 2 of April.
noc 7237- foreign worker

samatha

Mar 29, 2015

Flipz

Star Member
Aug 15, 2013
polojesef said:
Guys,

I just started with exploring my PNP possibilities so I wanted to reach out to all of you as I am assuming you have more experience in dealing with this program.

I have 2 questions:

1) Currently I am working in a skill level B, NOC code 1223. It is not a regulated occupation. This is my first job out of university and I am working in this job for 15 months. I don't have any work experience before this. Do I need 2 years of experience in this job in order to be eligible for PNP in Ontario?

2) I just talked with my HR Manager and our company thick all the boxes for PNP. They are eligible. Once an eligible company submits an application for an applicant (this case me), what are company's chances to get Pre-Screen Application approved?

Please help

Thanks
If you've been in this NOC B job for 15 months, can't you apply for PR through CEC?

wahab7

May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-isb
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th oct
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
Any one got acceptance certificate from OPNP for 2015 applied under Masters stream without Job offer?

makel25

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2013
Med's Request
13/03/2014
Med's Done....
17/03/2014
Passport Req..
20/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2014
LANDED..........
13/05/2014
sandra02 said:
Hi,
noc 7237- foreign worker
Hi sandra. Just want to ask what happen to your husband application.thx

makel25

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2013
Med's Request
13/03/2014
Med's Done....
17/03/2014
Passport Req..
20/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2014
LANDED..........
13/05/2014
since2012 said:
Thanks, I actually talked to my manager last week and she didn't have any information and even after I explained and sent some links..she didn't seem to understand that very well + she said HR didn't think they'd support this which left me thinking I need to get some info from ppl who were in my shoe before..
I'm debating whether I should contact HR myself and ask or explain again
Hi since2012. Just curious. Did you ask your hr about the opnp? Did they tell you anything? Thx