CHC-isb
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th oct
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
Hi All,

All PNP Ontario applicants for 2015 please share you results here. Did anyone get any response from them?

since2012

Feb 4, 2015
Hi,

Did you apply in 'International Student with a job offer' stream?
How did you get your employer apply for the 'Pre-screen'?
Since that would be the first process before I can do anything, I'm desperate to know how the process goes.

Did your manager do it for you? Or did HR have to do it?
And, could you share info about your employer(i.e. bank/it/ etc.) or company if you don't mind?
I'm working for one of the major banks and not sure if any of those banks support their new permanent employees with the pre-screen application.

Any tip would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
J

polojesef

Star Member
Sep 25, 2014
Guys,

I just started with exploring my PNP possibilities so I wanted to reach out to all of you as I am assuming you have more experience in dealing with this program.

I have 2 questions:

1) Currently I am working in a skill level B, NOC code 1223. It is not a regulated occupation. This is my first job out of university and I am working in this job for 15 months. I don't have any work experience before this. Do I need 2 years of experience in this job in order to be eligible for PNP in Ontario?

2) I just talked with my HR Manager and our company thick all the boxes for PNP. They are eligible. Once an eligible company submits an application for an applicant (this case me), what are company's chances to get Pre-Screen Application approved?

Please help

Thanks

PK_11

Sep 18, 2014
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2016
Doc's Request.
16-09-2016 (RPRF)
Nomination.....
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Not Reqd as of now
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
InLand Applicant
polojesef said:
Guys,

I just started with exploring my PNP possibilities so I wanted to reach out to all of you as I am assuming you have more experience in dealing with this program.

I have 2 questions:

1) Currently I am working in a skill level B, NOC code 1223. It is not a regulated occupation. This is my first job out of university and I am working in this job for 15 months. I don't have any work experience before this. Do I need 2 years of experience in this job in order to be eligible for PNP in Ontario?

2) I just talked with my HR Manager and our company thick all the boxes for PNP. They are eligible. Once an eligible company submits an application for an applicant (this case me), what are company's chances to get Pre-Screen Application approved?

Please help

Thanks
1) You dont need any past experience to apply under OPNP.
2) It depends, Pre screening check goes under lot of factors, like number of employes in company, T4 summary, company history, your hourly pay etc. No one can guarantee of your pre screening approval except Ontario immigration :)

PK_11

Sep 18, 2014
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2016
Doc's Request.
16-09-2016 (RPRF)
Nomination.....
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Not Reqd as of now
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
InLand Applicant
since2012 said:
Hi,

Did you apply in 'International Student with a job offer' stream?
How did you get your employer apply for the 'Pre-screen'?
Since that would be the first process before I can do anything, I'm desperate to know how the process goes.

Did your manager do it for you? Or did HR have to do it?
And, could you share info about your employer(i.e. bank/it/ etc.) or company if you don't mind?
I'm working for one of the major banks and not sure if any of those banks support their new permanent employees with the pre-screen application.

Any tip would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
J
No one can share there company personal details with any one. You can tell your Manager to look for requirement, published on Ontario immigration site, if you have all required documents, your company can apply for pre screening :)

polojesef

Star Member
Sep 25, 2014
PK_11 said:
2) It depends, Pre screening check goes under lot of factors, like number of employes in company, T4 summary, company history, your hourly pay etc. No one can guarantee of your pre screening approval except Ontario immigration :)
PK_11 - did you read the requirements for PNP? It says this: At least two years (24 months) of work experience (within the previous five years) in the intended occupation, or have appropriate registration in Ontario, if applying for a position in a regulated occupation in Ontario.

That is why I am confused. Could you clarify that for me?

since2012

Feb 4, 2015
PK_11 said:
No one can share there company personal details with any one. You can tell your Manager to look for requirement, published on Ontario immigration site, if you have all required documents, your company can apply for pre screening :)
Thanks, I actually talked to my manager last week and she didn't have any information and even after I explained and sent some links..she didn't seem to understand that very well + she said HR didn't think they'd support this which left me thinking I need to get some info from ppl who were in my shoe before..
I'm debating whether I should contact HR myself and ask or explain again

PK_11

Sep 18, 2014
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2016
Doc's Request.
16-09-2016 (RPRF)
Nomination.....
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Not Reqd as of now
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
InLand Applicant
polojesef said:
PK_11 - did you read the requirements for PNP? It says this: At least two years (24 months) of work experience (within the previous five years) in the intended occupation, or have appropriate registration in Ontario, if applying for a position in a regulated occupation in Ontario.

That is why I am confused. Could you clarify that for me?
Hi,

If u r applying under international student with job offer u dont need past experience.

PK_11

Sep 18, 2014
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2016
Doc's Request.
16-09-2016 (RPRF)
Nomination.....
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Not Reqd as of now
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
InLand Applicant
since2012 said:
Thanks, I actually talked to my manager last week and she didn't have any information and even after I explained and sent some links..she didn't seem to understand that very well + she said HR didn't think they'd support this which left me thinking I need to get some info from ppl who were in my shoe before..
I'm debating whether I should contact HR myself and ask or explain again
It is better you explain HR with link. They will understand far better than ur manager would explain HR.

jonkrav

Apr 27, 2014
I'm currently waiting for my companies pre-screen approval.

How have people handled doing the affidavit at the end of the form? Do I need to hire a lawyer to get it signed?

PK_11

Sep 18, 2014
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2016
Doc's Request.
16-09-2016 (RPRF)
Nomination.....
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Not Reqd as of now
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
InLand Applicant
jonkrav said:
I'm currently waiting for my companies pre-screen approval.

How have people handled doing the affidavit at the end of the form? Do I need to hire a lawyer to get it signed?
Hi,

When did ur company appiled for pre screening ?

Swill

Feb 17, 2015
PK_11 said:
If you are working on PSWP and applying for PNP, before your employer applies for Pre-Screening, make sure that you have the minimum salary per hour. The minimum salary per hour has to match with the wages declared on JOBBANK.ca. Check your NOC job number and look out for the minimum wages for the position in your province. If your wages are less than the minimum, your application will be rejected.