+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Notification of Interest

define

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Hi,

I recently received letter of Notification of Interest for Ontario with CRS score below 400. I am an international student and have been in Ontario for 1 year. I am in doubt about whether I should apply for OINP since there is an application fee of $1500 involved.

What are the chances of receiving nomination and within how much likely time period?

How much time do I have with me to apply?

Regards,
Define

Lindt

Star Member
Jul 24, 2018
Hey Define, this all depends on your profile. Do you speak french, have job offer or have experience in Canada, or ever been educated in Ontario (Master or above)? If you tick "Yes" to any of these, you may be eligible for Ontario NOI.
Share your profile info. to confirm.

define

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
My question is not about receiving NOI for Ontario as I have already received the letter. It is about receiving nomination under the OINP program if I apply for it.
My CRS is less than 400. I do not speak French. I have a job offer but it is not LMIA. I do not have 1 year of experience of working in Canada and I am currently studying my Masters having completed 1 year.

Lindt

Star Member
Jul 24, 2018
My question is not about receiving NOI for Ontario as I have already received the letter. It is about receiving nomination under the OINP program if I apply for it.
My CRS is less than 400. I do not speak French. I have a job offer but it is not LMIA. I do not have 1 year of experience of working in Canada and I am currently studying my Masters having completed 1 year.
Thanks for clarification. In order to be considered for OINP (in general), there are minimum requirements, like 1 year experience (in Canada or overseas doesn't matter). Perhaps you've met all of those conditions, and plus your Canadian job offer certainly made you eligible for the recent NOI.

Yes, yeople who have job offers /or speak french - even if they've less than 400 CRS- have been considered for nomination and been issued NOI. I have seen it so I'm not surprised about your situation. Go ahead and work on it!

b.sachinn

Jan 27, 2016
Hi

I am having same case , low CRS , and not having year of experience in. Canada and i have received NOI

malarosa

Aug 18, 2018
Hi everyone! We made our express entry profile last May 29, 2018. My wife is the principal applicant because we have a higher CRS at 379 compared if I will be the principal at 365. Her NOC is Registered Nurse and mine is Technical Sales. Last August 9, 2018, Ontario sent NOIs to HCP Stream and with CRS 350-433. However, we did not receive NOI even if we qualified with our CRS. Do we still have a chance to get one or do we need a valid job offer? Thanks.

define

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Thanks for clarification. In order to be considered for OINP (in general), there are minimum requirements, like 1 year experience (in Canada or overseas doesn't matter). Perhaps you've met all of those conditions, and plus your Canadian job offer certainly made you eligible for the recent NOI.

Yes, yeople who have job offers /or speak french - even if they've less than 400 CRS- have been considered for nomination and been issued NOI. I have seen it so I'm not surprised about your situation. Go ahead and work on it!
Thanks for your response!