+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario - NOI - Proof of Funds - Questions on my specific case

smhamza

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
hello. i know that proof of fund is old topic here and many conversations have taken place already. however instead of asking old generic questions, i would present my specific case which i believe is unique.

my wife is primary applicant and she got Ontario NOI. i am accompanying partner/spouse. she has no funds. i have funds which are older than 3 months. however in time period of last 2 months, at different times the funds level has been somewhat lower than the required amount. as of now the required funds (25,564 CAD) come to PKR 5,296,012.01 but in previous two months my balance hovered between 5 million to above required level. at time of NOI, funds were/are at required level.

so it's confusing. i can simply arrange gift deed from my side to my wife and get done with it, but i believe funds in my accounts are as valid/good as in her account so it doesn't make sense. alternatively, i can sell any of my asset that i have held for more than three months e.g. my car, property, etc. and put in my account with proof that i just sold my asset.

so, essentially, i am asking:

1. does it matter if funds are in primary applicant account or accompanying spouse?
2. should I:
A. sale my long held asset and add funds into my bank account.
B. do nothing since at time of NOI funds were sufficient.
C. from my side, give gift deed to my wife of full value (5.4 million PKR/25,564 CAD)
E. get gift deed from my sister, mother, etc. to MYSELF of few lacs.
F. something else more appropriate.