+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Name Change - Returned

raamsen

Nov 5, 2016
Great, thank you. I don't know if I can find any official to be the guarantor, in that case I can use my friend right? "If you can’t identify anyone from this list to act as a guarantor, you must find someone other than a relative who has known you for at least five years, and knows that you have been ordinarily resident in Ontario for at least the past 12 months."

Also, did you submit a birth certificate? I don't have one but I have the certificate of date of birth issued by the Indian consulate.
Kindly update if you were able to do name change without submitting birth certificate and also can we friend as guarantor whom we knew for more than 3 yrs ?

mumbaikar

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Kindly update if you were able to do name change without submitting birth certificate and also can we friend as guarantor whom we knew for more than 3 yrs ?
Yes, I got my name changed. I submitted the certificate of date of birth issued by the Indian consulate and I used my friend (who knows me for more than 5 years) as the guarantor.

Chahat1995

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Does everyone need to do the police record check for Name change certificate?
The website says everyone needs to do it but the name change form says to do it only if we meet certain criteria. So I am confused, Can someone please help.

Syed1989

Oct 23, 2016
Does everyone need to do the police record check for Name change certificate?
The website says everyone needs to do it but the name change form says to do it only if we meet certain criteria. So I am confused, Can someone please help.
If you are in ontario, police record check is not required of your checked no in section D of the form. I called service ontario and they confirmed the same.

Reactions: Chahat1995

bzbee

Star Member
May 24, 2023
Do they process name change applications submitted in-person faster than ones sent by mail?

DrHarrison

Dec 14, 2022
Do they process name change applications submitted in-person faster than ones sent by mail?
I did in person. 8 weeks 2 days passed, and still they didn't charge my bank account. I just spoke with the officer, and she said all paper applications are in delay. Even they didn't create a file yet. Each time, when I called them, they said different delivery times; 8-10 weeks, today she said 12 weeks. However in the website they mentioned as 6-8 weeks(updated: June 26,2023). It really sucks...

bzbee

Star Member
May 24, 2023
I did in person. 8 weeks 2 days passed, and still they didn't charge my bank account. I just spoke with the officer, and she said all paper applications are in delay. Even they didn't create a file yet. Each time, when I called them, they said different delivery times; 8-10 weeks, today she said 12 weeks. However in the website they mentioned as 6-8 weeks(updated: June 26,2023). It really sucks...
Oh no! Sorry to hear that. My spouse applied for his name change last week and we were counting on 6-8 weeks and just wait to apply for passport. If this is taking longer, makes sense to just apply for passport and let this name change take its own time. Too stressfull to not have a passport in hand indefinitely. Please post here when you receive any update on your file. Thanks!

sumeet169

Jul 27, 2018
I called up service Ontario. They said my application has been returned. I am waiting for it to know exactly what when wrong. I suppose its Birth Certificate.

Queenies

Sep 28, 2021
I called up service Ontario. They said my application has been returned. I am waiting for it to know exactly what when wrong. I suppose its Birth Certificate.
Hi, did you get the documents back? What was the reason for returning the application?

pulkitkumar190

Jan 28, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Just applied for name change and submitted in person. Hopefully it get's approved in time, to apply for citizenship in December