+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Name Change - Returned

kjaspreet

Jan 5, 2018
Hi,

Last month, I submitted adult name change application (to add surname). But they have returned my application because my guarantor was a signing officer from a bank (not a manager). But as per below details, our guarantor can be a manager or signing officer.

Guidelines:
Part 4 – Proving How Long You Have Lived in Ontario You must have been ordinarily a resident of Ontario for at least 12 months immediately before submitting your change of name application. Part 4 is used to prove you have been ordinarily resident in Ontario for at least the past 12 months. You must find a guarantor who will confirm how long you have lived in Ontario. To be considered ordinarily resident, you must have maintained a residential address, with the intention of that being considered your permanent address in Ontario for 12 consecutive months immediately before making your application. Even if you were born in Ontario, you must still meet the residency requirement before applying. Only absences of a temporary nature are allowed. If you have questions about whether you meet the residency requirement, please contact our office. Any of the following people who know that you have been ordinarily resident in Ontario for at least the past 12 months can be a guarantor: 1. Provincial judges appointed under the Courts of Justice Act. 2. Justices of the peace appointed under the Justices of the Peace Act. 3. Chiefs of Indian bands that are located in Ontario. 4. Persons authorized under the Marriage Act to solemnize marriages. 5. Legally qualified medical practitioners. 6. Members of the Law Society of Upper Canada. 7. Heads of Municipal Councils in Ontario. 8. Clerks of municipalities in Ontario. 9. Principals of elementary and secondary schools, as defined in the Education Act. 10. Managers or signing officers of Ontario branches of banks listed in Schedule I or II of the Bank Act (Canada), loans corporations, trust corporations, credit unions and caisses populaires. The list above is not an endorsement by the Office of the Registrar General of professional status or recognition of superior qualifications. If you can’t identify anyone from this list to act as a guarantor, you must find someone other than a relative who has known you for at least five years, and knows that you have been ordinarily resident in Ontario for at least the past 12 months.

Do I need Manager's signature for this?

kjaspreet

Jan 5, 2018
Hi,

Thanks for your response. Yes, it is present. "TD Bank".

Anyhow, I will get Manager's signature this time. Just to be on safer side, can I attached two guarantors?

mumbaikar

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Hi,

Yes, it’s done. I asked my doctor to be my guarantor. And it worked.
Great, thank you. I don't know if I can find any official to be the guarantor, in that case I can use my friend right? "If you can’t identify anyone from this list to act as a guarantor, you must find someone other than a relative who has known you for at least five years, and knows that you have been ordinarily resident in Ontario for at least the past 12 months."

Also, did you submit a birth certificate? I don't have one but I have the certificate of date of birth issued by the Indian consulate.

Last edited:

Panamai

Oct 3, 2013
Kingston, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
File Transfer...
31-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
DM 05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-11-2015
Hi,

Last month, I submitted adult name change application (to add surname). But they have returned my application because my guarantor was a signing officer from a bank (not a manager). But as per below details, our guarantor can be a manager or signing officer.

Guidelines:
Part 4 – Proving How Long You Have Lived in Ontario You must have been ordinarily a resident of Ontario for at least 12 months immediately before submitting your change of name application. Part 4 is used to prove you have been ordinarily resident in Ontario for at least the past 12 months. You must find a guarantor who will confirm how long you have lived in Ontario. To be considered ordinarily resident, you must have maintained a residential address, with the intention of that being considered your permanent address in Ontario for 12 consecutive months immediately before making your application. Even if you were born in Ontario, you must still meet the residency requirement before applying. Only absences of a temporary nature are allowed. If you have questions about whether you meet the residency requirement, please contact our office. Any of the following people who know that you have been ordinarily resident in Ontario for at least the past 12 months can be a guarantor: 1. Provincial judges appointed under the Courts of Justice Act. 2. Justices of the peace appointed under the Justices of the Peace Act. 3. Chiefs of Indian bands that are located in Ontario. 4. Persons authorized under the Marriage Act to solemnize marriages. 5. Legally qualified medical practitioners. 6. Members of the Law Society of Upper Canada. 7. Heads of Municipal Councils in Ontario. 8. Clerks of municipalities in Ontario. 9. Principals of elementary and secondary schools, as defined in the Education Act. 10. Managers or signing officers of Ontario branches of banks listed in Schedule I or II of the Bank Act (Canada), loans corporations, trust corporations, credit unions and caisses populaires. The list above is not an endorsement by the Office of the Registrar General of professional status or recognition of superior qualifications. If you can’t identify anyone from this list to act as a guarantor, you must find someone other than a relative who has known you for at least five years, and knows that you have been ordinarily resident in Ontario for at least the past 12 months.

Do I need Manager's signature for this?
How much longer did it take once you resubmitted the application? Was it another full 8 weeks or was it quicker since they had it seen it already? I'm asking because my application was returned as well for a similar reason.

CanEuro

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
How much longer did it take once you resubmitted the application? Was it another full 8 weeks or was it quicker since they had it seen it already? I'm asking because my application was returned as well for a similar reason.
How long have you know your guarantor for? Was it less then 5 years?

kjaspreet

Jan 5, 2018
It took 8 weeks.

figaro2

Jan 12, 2016
Argentina
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-01-2016
Doc's Request.
15-01-2017
Nomination.....
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
20-07-2017
Passport Req..
3 nov 2017
LANDED..........
31 01 2018
I am facing the same problem!
On the phone prior sending i did ask them if the advisor of my bank is ok and they said yes!
For 6weeks now i have been calling them and they had no trace of my file! Today they said they found it and sent it back with an explanation .. i have to wait to see why?!
Now I m stuck with this name and i got plans to travel!
So i will do my passeport and follow up this non sense at my return! They are really impossible to deal with!