+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Marriage Certificate Long vs File size

JamesBarnes

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hi guys,

Thank you so much for all of your help so far with our questions. We really appreciate it! We're at the point now where we need to order a copy of our marriage certificate for our package. I've noticed there are two options when ordering online via ServiceOntario. There's a file size and a long form.

Please can someone advise which form would be best to send in? Fellow Ontario sponsors, what did you do? I've read on some other threads that people have had their packages returned for sending the long form? The information on the Service Ontario website is as follows:

File Size: This document includes basic information, such as name, date and place of marriage.
Long Form: This document contains all registered information, including signatures.
It is a certified copy of the original marriage registration.

I'm a bit confused as I would imagine the long form would be the better option?

Many Thanks

Amy mouse

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
South Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
09-08-2018 returned 31-10-2018
Doc's Request.
17 jan 19 and 23 feb
AOR Received.
Nil
Personally I had to send both. Some will accept one and another will accept the other in the end I got 2 requests for it and sent both. It's better to have too much then not enough. The long for is basically a photo copy on the license and that confuses some agents. But i have heard the short firm also not accepted so best bet is to send a copy of both

Vanessav19

Nov 18, 2019
Which did you end up sending?

Hi guys,

Thank you so much for all of your help so far with our questions. We really appreciate it! We're at the point now where we need to order a copy of our marriage certificate for our package. I've noticed there are two options when ordering online via ServiceOntario. There's a file size and a long form.

Please can someone advise which form would be best to send in? Fellow Ontario sponsors, what did you do? I've read on some other threads that people have had their packages returned for sending the long form? The information on the Service Ontario website is as follows:

File Size: This document includes basic information, such as name, date and place of marriage.
Long Form: This document contains all registered information, including signatures.
It is a certified copy of the original marriage registration.

I'm a bit confused as I would imagine the long form would be the better option?

Many Thanks