+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario FSW Pilot

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
In passport request, they have asked me to register in the following session.....

Has any one gone through following session ?

International Organization for Migration (IOM)

“As an immigrant to Canada, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) invites you to register, through the IOM Islamabad Office using the below-mentioned email, for a free pre-departure orientation session offered in one of these locations: Islamabad, Lahore and Karachi.

Cultural Orientation Abroad (COA), a world-wide orientation project funded through Citizenship and Immigration Canada, is designed to teach immigrants about Canada before they leave their home country, so that when they arrive in Canada they are well prepared to meet the challenges they must face.”

I WANT TO KNOW THE PROCEDURE FOR THE REGISTERTION....

I emailed them but they are asking for the document in which CHC asked me to register with them but this invitation is mentioned in passport request... should i send them the scanned copy of passport request for registeration ?

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
just check status of on the vfs site that my passport has been dispatched from Islamabad. now will go on Monday to ask about this... feeling ...... dont know what happened to passport what time they gave and what did they do with that .. many many questions coming in the mind ... so much so much .. worried and so on ...................... Monday when will you come...... Monday Monday Monday ... just come fast..... please

niagra

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
zain92 said:
just check status of on the vfs site that my passport has been dispatched from Islamabad. now will go on Monday to ask about this... feeling ...... dont know what happened to passport what time they gave and what did they do with that .. many many questions coming in the mind ... so much so much .. worried and so on ...................... Monday when will you come...... Monday Monday Monday ... just come fast..... please
This is great.....Inshallah you will get mapel leaf on your passport on monday....best of luck

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful !!!

Received VISA :) .. i am in office i would post detail tonight ...

thanks for all your moral and technical support and specially prayers ...........

nioo

Jun 15, 2015
Best wishes for you Zain.
It is nore than one month I submitted my medical. Should i send a follow-up email?

zizu

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2012
Doc's Request.
28-03-2013, 01-04-2014, 01-06-2015,05-08-2015
AOR Received.
22-01-2013
Med's Request
01-09-2013, 01-06-2015
Med's Done....
01-09-2013, 01-06,2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015,15-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-oct-2015
LANDED..........
1-nov-2015
After getting passport request on sep-22 requesting to send my passport to pakistan - while I am here in Canada - I have finally got updated passport request. Will be mailing it to cpc ottawa. Looks like this may be the last stretch and I may, after all, have PR stamped on my passport in next 2-3 weeks.

Any pointers on flag poling will be appreciated - timings? location? (I'll most probably go to Niagara Falls),

thanks
zizu

aptr1992

Dec 19, 2014
zain92 said:
In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful !!!

Received VISA :) .. i am in office i would post detail tonight ...

thanks for all your moral and technical support and specially prayers ...........
Congrats! wish you and your family a happy life in Canada. Whats the timeline given in your visa.

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
I have been given 6 months time to move to Canada.

i want to know following :

1) complete procedure of POF.
2) how much cash money we can carry ?
3) Can we have 2 different drafts ?
4) Are there any forms we should fill before leaving our home country ?
5) how to show current declaration ?
6) how much gold i can carry ?
7) how much gold my family can wear while travelling ?
8) is there any advise from you people for me before leaving ?

Thanks in advance.

islamabad786

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
March 2015
Congrats!
You can carry as much as money you want but keep in mind that there is limit of 10K US Dollars cash per person at Pakistan airport.

Yes you can. US Demand drafts takes upto 40 days to transfer to your US account in Canadian Bank.

Better to fill out the currency declaration form if you cary carrying more than 10,000 CAD (in total icluding DD - all family members total). There is no need to fill up the form (B4) for other stuff accompaning you as custom officer won't look at the declaration form except for good declaration form (B4) you are planning to bring in your future trip.

You can carry all your personal gold without any custom when you land as a new immigrant or if you stamp the good to accompany form (B4) with the decription of gold you will be carrying in your future trip.

See above answer

If you are landing in winter, do not buy a lot of winter clothes/shoes from Pakistan as they won't work in snow. Carry essential medicines as Medical coverage starts after 3 months. Obtain a NOC from traffic police office of your driving license so that you can immediately book your road test (G1 Exit or G2 Exit). Without letter they will give you one year of experience and you will be eligible for G1 Exit test only. Also attest NOC from foreign office if possible.

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
Thanks Islamabad....

2 more question please...

1) did you attend any orientation session before leaving ? if yes then how ..

2) what is the difference between CAO and CIIP ?

urgent please ..

islamabad786

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
March 2015
zain92 said:
Thanks Islamabad....

2 more question please...

1) did you attend any orientation session before leaving ? if yes then how ..
CIIP: I did register for online sessions of CIIP. But could not attend because all sessions were full before my departure date.

2) what is the difference between CAO and CIIP ?
No information
urgent please ..

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
means you did not attent any orientation session before landing to Canada.. because i came to know that these orientation session are necessary before landing ..... ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ??

zizu

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2012
Doc's Request.
28-03-2013, 01-04-2014, 01-06-2015,05-08-2015
AOR Received.
22-01-2013
Med's Request
01-09-2013, 01-06-2015
Med's Done....
01-09-2013, 01-06,2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015,15-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-oct-2015
LANDED..........
1-nov-2015
zain92 said:
means you did not attent any orientation session before landing to Canada.. because i came to know that these orientation session are necessary before landing ..... ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ??
I don't believe they are necessary -

and while you are getting ready to land here in winter - as suggested above, keep in mind you will be doing winter clothes shopping here -
Also - keep in mind 3-6 months of inactivity / search for job (in your field that is), that means you need to plan/budget accordingly
Tap into your connections here to arrange/find a house/apt.
no matter what you've heard - driving here is totally different (and safe but) its advisable to take 2-5 lessons even if you get g1/2/G license without any problem (safety first)

and last but not the least... come with open mind and _realistic_ expectations. Realistic being the keyword.

zizu

wak009

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2013
Nomination.....
20-11-2012
AOR Received.
13-05-2013
File Transfer...
13-05-2013
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
11-05-2015
Getting a PR is one thing but actually moving to Canada is a decision that needs a lot of thinking taking all aspects into consideration. Perhaps you are not aware of the Sex Education that is being taught in the schools. It will be significantly changes from Spring of 2016 and it's not age appropriate. Google and you will know what I am talking about. Some excerpt are on this site http://www.campaignlifecoalition.com/index.php?p=Sex_Ed_Curriculum. The decision is yours how you want to raise your next generation.

zain92 said:
I have been given 6 months time to move to Canada.

i want to know following :

1) complete procedure of POF.

Thanks in advance.

niagra

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
zizu said:
After getting passport request on sep-22 requesting to send my passport to pakistan - while I am here in Canada - I have finally got updated passport request. Will be mailing it to cpc ottawa. Looks like this may be the last stretch and I may, after all, have PR stamped on my passport in next 2-3 weeks.

Any pointers on flag poling will be appreciated - timings? location? (I'll most probably go to Niagara Falls),

thanks
zizu
Dear friends today got the email saying....-New medical results (you will receive separate emails with instructions).....any suggestions for this....