+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario FSW Pilot

Mohareb

Star Member
Jan 16, 2014
I guess we are all in a more advanced step of our applications as most of us completed their medical exams already. We already :

1- Passed the selection criteria regarding years of experience, NOC code availability, and IELTS.

2- Then Nominated by Ontario,

3- Submitted a paper application to CIC,

4- Passed the Selection Criteria by CIC already.

5- Most of us including myself passed the medical Test,

6- We were waiting only for Security Clearance.

Why Should I redo points 1-5 again just because it will not take three years as it did but it will take only 9 months ? Bad Luck for me and good Luck for new candidates.

I believe that our chances are 90% or above, it is only a matter of time.

Mohareb said:
You can read the following before any step.

5. Will Express Entry change immigration program requirements?

No. Express Entry will not change immigration program requirements. Express Entry is not a new program. It is a new way for CIC to manage the intake of economic immigration applications online

7. What will happen to permanent residence applications you receive before the launch of Express Entry?

Applications received by CIC before the launch of Express Entry will be processed according to the rules in place at that time.

8. How will provinces and territories use the Express Entry system?

Provinces and territories will be able to nominate a certain number of foreign nationals through the Express Entry system to meet their local immigration and labour market needs. If an applicant gets a nomination from a province or territory, they will be given enough additional points to be invited to apply for permanent residence at the next eligible draw of candidates.

Just as they manage their own Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) now, provinces and territories will set the criteria they use to nominate Express Entry candidates.

Express Entry candidates may either:
•enter the pool first, and then be nominated by a province or territory; or
•be nominated by a province or territory, and then complete an online Express Entry profile.

Note: All prospective candidates (whether PNP applicants or not) must meet the criteria of at least one of the federal immigration programs managed through Express Entry in order to enter the pool, and must submit their application online.

Provinces and territories will also continue to be able to make nominations under their regular (“base”) PNPs outside of Express Entry via a paper application process.

Note: The Province of Quebec does not use Express Entry. They select their own skilled workers. See Quebec-selected skilled workers to find out more.

9. What is the process for potential candidates who want to use both a Provincial Nominee Program and Express Entry?

There are two ways to do this. A person can:
•apply to the PNP first, get a nomination and then fill out an Express Entry profile; or
•fill out the Express Entry profile first. Provinces and territories can then search the Express Entry pool and ask a candidate to apply for their PNP. When the candidate gets a nomination certificate, they will update their Express Entry profile.

In either case, once a person updates their Express Entry profile to show they have a provincial or territorial nomination certificate, they will be given enough additional points to be invited to apply at the next eligible draw of candidates.

this is the link to Q&A ...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-12-01.asp

YuraP

Nov 14, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2012
File Transfer...
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2015
The problem is that my province certificate expired already for more than year, so I can't apply with the certificate :(
So, as I understand, I can make just a new application.

Mohareb said:
You can read the following before any step.

5. Will Express Entry change immigration program requirements?

No. Express Entry will not change immigration program requirements. Express Entry is not a new program. It is a new way for CIC to manage the intake of economic immigration applications online

7. What will happen to permanent residence applications you receive before the launch of Express Entry?

Applications received by CIC before the launch of Express Entry will be processed according to the rules in place at that time.

8. How will provinces and territories use the Express Entry system?

Provinces and territories will be able to nominate a certain number of foreign nationals through the Express Entry system to meet their local immigration and labour market needs. If an applicant gets a nomination from a province or territory, they will be given enough additional points to be invited to apply for permanent residence at the next eligible draw of candidates.

Just as they manage their own Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) now, provinces and territories will set the criteria they use to nominate Express Entry candidates.

Express Entry candidates may either:
•enter the pool first, and then be nominated by a province or territory; or
•be nominated by a province or territory, and then complete an online Express Entry profile.

Note: All prospective candidates (whether PNP applicants or not) must meet the criteria of at least one of the federal immigration programs managed through Express Entry in order to enter the pool, and must submit their application online.

Provinces and territories will also continue to be able to make nominations under their regular (“base”) PNPs outside of Express Entry via a paper application process.

Note: The Province of Quebec does not use Express Entry. They select their own skilled workers. See Quebec-selected skilled workers to find out more.

9. What is the process for potential candidates who want to use both a Provincial Nominee Program and Express Entry?

There are two ways to do this. A person can:
•apply to the PNP first, get a nomination and then fill out an Express Entry profile; or
•fill out the Express Entry profile first. Provinces and territories can then search the Express Entry pool and ask a candidate to apply for their PNP. When the candidate gets a nomination certificate, they will update their Express Entry profile.

In either case, once a person updates their Express Entry profile to show they have a provincial or territorial nomination certificate, they will be given enough additional points to be invited to apply at the next eligible draw of candidates.

this is the link to Q&A ...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-12-01.asp

YuraP

Nov 14, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2012
File Transfer...
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2015
Yes you are correct we did all the steps, however if the last few steps of the program takes longer than 9 month, so why not to try the shortest one?
Because for now, I don't see any progress on the program, here on the forum lot of people that their medicine expired or going to expire. It means they waited more than year after taken medicine tests. On other programs it takes usually one, two month after medicine to get visa in passport.

Mohareb said:
I guess we are all in a more advanced step of our applications as most of us completed their medical exams already. We already :

1- Passed the selection criteria regarding years of experience, NOC code availability, and IELTS.

2- Then Nominated by Ontario,

3- Submitted a paper application to CIC,

4- Passed the Selection Criteria by CIC already.

5- Most of us including myself passed the medical Test,

6- We were waiting only for Security Clearance.

Why Should I redo points 1-5 again just because it will not take three years as it did but it will take only 9 months ? Bad Luck for me and good Luck for new candidates.

I believe that our chances are 90% or above, it is only a matter of time.

salooni

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Hi All,

After audit report, there may be 3 impacts on OONPNP applicants:

1. Further processing of applications will stop for undefined period may be for 2-3 years more.
2. Many of applications will be refused for PR.
3. They may give weight to applicants already moved to Canada, (A weak point)

new applicants applying now a days for FSW may get PR before this dirty halted program applicants.

What are the expert opinions on above theories?

islamabad786

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
March 2015
if they intend to scrutinize every application under processing as per audit report recommendations then that may take up to one year or more as most of the processes will be in placed sometime this year as per ministry responses and doing that exercise for the first time will take time.
Yes those certificates would definitely be revoked which do not comply with OPNP selection criteria due to the negligence of Ontrio Program Officers or where applicant or his agent has misrepresented the applicant in anyway.
If term of processing, they may give the priority to those applicants who have already moved to Canada and their WP will be expiring due to long processing time.

salooni said:
Hi All,

1. Further processing of applications will stop for undefined period may be for 2-3 years more.

new applicants applying now a days for FSW may get PR before this dirty halted program applicants.

Mohareb

Star Member
Jan 16, 2014
I think it is only reasonable to expect the following :

1- Our applications are already scrutinized as part of the Q&A processes so we will receive a Decision soon.

2- They can not treat differently those who moved to Canada against those who did not as someone can simply file a legal case against them and CIC is not very good at winning these cases. Also it may affect the image of the new government who looks less Liberal than usual.

3- Yes, if any one us has misrepresented information or there were error and negligence from OOPNP officers. He will get refused.

4- The future of the program will affect mostly the Master and PHD streams as they will need work nomination to guarantee a place but this not relevant to our FSW Pilot.

But who can tell, this is just my views.

salooni said:
Hi All,

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
1) any other person received email or call from Ontario for QA questions?
2) please who received call or email, do you remember her name if yes please let me know.
3) who received email or call, after replying them or updating them, any progress in case?

thanks in advance.

zizu

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2012
Doc's Request.
28-03-2013, 01-04-2014, 01-06-2015,05-08-2015
AOR Received.
22-01-2013
Med's Request
01-09-2013, 01-06-2015
Med's Done....
01-09-2013, 01-06,2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015,15-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-oct-2015
LANDED..........
1-nov-2015
islamabad786 said:
if they intend to scrutinize every application under processing as per audit report recommendations then that may take up to one year or more as most of the processes will be in placed sometime this year as per ministry responses and doing that exercise for the first time will take time.
Yes those certificates would definitely be revoked which do not comply with OPNP selection criteria due to the negligence of Ontrio Program Officers or where applicant or his agent has misrepresented the applicant in anyway.
If term of processing, they may give the priority to those applicants who have already moved to Canada and their WP will be expiring due to long processing time.
When I got a call from Ontario office re: this QA process - and went through the questions, I did ask what will be their next step and I was told that they intend to finish this QA (within Ontario office) in couple of weeks of time, and then send their report (to whomsoever has asked them to do the QA).

So my guess is - worst come worst - they'll take a month to finish this QA for us 600 _fortunate_ :) applicants and will make a decision quickly (as quickly as a government can move :) ) - so I'll give it another 4-6 months for our cases to be resolved one way or the other. Anything sooner than that will definitely be a pleasant surprise - and after sticking with this program - I've not seen a pleasant surprise until now

zizu

Imran775

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
Doc's Request.
03-01-2013
Nomination.....
03-11-2012
AOR Received.
12-02-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-13
Med's Request
25-04-14
Med's Done....
25-05-15
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
PR 16-03-2015
zizu said:
When I got a call from Ontario office re: this QA process - and went through the questions, I did ask what will be their next step and I was told that they intend to finish this QA (within Ontario office) in couple of weeks of time, and then send their report (to whomsoever has asked them to do the QA).

So my guess is - worst come worst - they'll take a month to finish this QA for us 600 _fortunate_ :) applicants and will make a decision quickly (as quickly as a government can move :) ) - so I'll give it another 4-6 months for our cases to be resolved one way or the other. Anything sooner than that will definitely be a pleasant surprise - and after sticking with this program - I've not seen a pleasant surprise until now

zizu
I told her that my work visa is going to expire in March; she asked me to send an email to get support letter for work permit/visa extension. Personally I don't see any hope to get PR before passing 33 months average processing time for London visa office applicant.

Thanks,
Imran

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
1) any other person received email or call from Ontario for QA questions?
2) please who received call or email, do you remember her name if yes please let me know.
3) who received email or call, after replying them or updating them, any progress in case?

thanks in advance.

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
Deat All,

Hope everyone is fine and doing well. Yesterday, I received email asking few questions.

1) but they did not give me any time frame to reply.
2) they did not mention when this QA will be finished.
3) they did not mention what would be next
4) they did not mention anything about passport request...

Thanks

niagra

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
zain92 said:
Deat All,

Hope everyone is fine and doing well. Yesterday, I received email asking few questions.

1) but they did not give me any time frame to reply.
2) they did not mention when this QA will be finished.
3) they did not mention what would be next
4) they did not mention anything about passport request...

Thanks
Dear Zain can you plz share those questions.....???????

YuraP

Nov 14, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2012
File Transfer...
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2015
Hi Imran,

Where she asked to send email to get support letter fro work permit extension to?

I sent email to my local office with question about work permit extension. However I think may be I should send it to province Ontario office.

Imran775 said:
I told her that my work visa is going to expire in March; she asked me to send an email to get support letter for work permit/visa extension. Personally I don't see any hope to get PR before passing 33 months average processing time for London visa office applicant.

Thanks,
Imran

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
questions are ..

1 - Where your current residing?
2 – What is your present immigration status?
3 – What is your current employment?
4 – What is your occupation?
5 – If not employed or if employed under five years
What was your previous place of employment?
What was the length of time employed?
What was your job title or occupation?
6 - What educational credential(s) do you have and from what institution?
7 – What are your future plans ? (do you intend to live/reside/work in Ontario?)
8 – What is your current phone number?
9 – Do you have any other email address that is better for communication with you

.. what is this mean..

is this confirmation to send passport request?
really QA process?

Imran775

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
Doc's Request.
03-01-2013
Nomination.....
03-11-2012
AOR Received.
12-02-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-13
Med's Request
25-04-14
Med's Done....
25-05-15
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
PR 16-03-2015
YuraP said:
Hi Imran,

Where she asked to send email to get support letter fro work permit extension to?

I sent email to my local office with question about work permit extension. However I think may be I should send it to province Ontario office.

Hi YuraP,

They asked me to send email to PNP Ontario general inquiry email address. I was thinking to apply for Bridge visa but she asked me apply for work extension.

Imran