+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario FSW Pilot

vuexperts

Jun 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear your received a medical request from new Delhi visa office because New Delhi ( India ) received our medical request .that's why you received medical request from New deli visa office .so be relax .

dear , can you please tell me , after receiving medical test email , now what is your online application status at www.cic.gc.ca, still application received or changed ........

take care

MuhammadFahad said:
I got the same email this week asking stating:

“The results of initial medical examinations for yourself and your family has expired. In order to provide your application with an updated validity we require following additional medical examination(s) for your self and your spouse:

• Chest Xray with report
• Completed MEDICAL REPORT CHEST X-RAY REQUISITION AND REPORT form (Page 5 and 6 of IMM5419).
• Duly completed Re-assessment Form"

Same question about no kids being asked for medical ??? Plus how much will the validity be extended..3 months or 1 year. Would appreciate if someone knows about this and can respond.

chintan_155

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OWP:06-Feb-2013, PR:30-Jan-13
Nomination.....
30-10-2012
AOR Received.
OWP: 06-06-2013, PR: 06-03-13 (1st AOR from Nova Scotia, 2nd 28-06-13)
Med's Request
05-06-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sent back: 14-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2013
LANDED..........
Landed. PR file transfered to Srilanka.
Thank you aashamsi

aashamsi said:
Yes first landing mentioned as OWP entry and there is separate date for PR entry.

Imran775

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
Doc's Request.
03-01-2013
Nomination.....
03-11-2012
AOR Received.
12-02-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-13
Med's Request
25-04-14
Med's Done....
25-05-15
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
PR 16-03-2015
vuexperts said:
dear your received a medical request from new Delhi visa office because New Delhi ( India ) received our medical request .that's why you received medical request from New deli visa office .so be relax .

dear , can you please tell me , after receiving medical test email , now what is your online application status at www.cic.gc.ca, still application received or changed ........

take care
I got clarification from Indian Visa office that only medical related work is shifted to India, my visa office will be the same (London). My application status is 'in process' from April 2013.

Imran

islamabad786

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
March 2015
ultra99 said:
Can anyone tell me what's this pilot FSW program in Ontario? I'm currently studying in ON.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has asked provinces and territories for assistance in reducing the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) backlog of applications submitted before February 2008 through the FSW Backlog Reduction Pilot (FSW Pilot) initiative.

The province of Ontario identified five (5) occupations in which applicants destined to the province will get an opportunity to apply for an Ontario nomination leading to permanent residency on an expedited basis.

If you submitted an application for permanent residence in Canada under the FSW program and that you declared Ontario as your destination, you will receive an invitation to apply as nominee if your occupation is any of the following:

Computer Analysts and Consultants (NOC 2171)
Software Developers (NOC 2173)
Interactive Media Programmers and Developers (NOC 2174)
Financial and Investment Analysts (NOC 1112)
Mathematicians (NOC 2161)

Applicant to Opportunities Ontario under the FSW Pilot must meet the following criteria:

1. Intend to live and work in Ontario.

2. Be in one of the five occupations identified by Ontario (Computer Analysts and Consultants/NOC 2171, Software Developers/NOC 2173, Interactive Media Programmers and Developers/NOC 2174, Financial and Investment Analysts/NOC 1112, Mathematicians/NOC 2161).

3. Have a minimum of 3 years of related, paid, full-time verifiable experience in that occupation within the past 5 years.http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif

4. Have a minimum of a 3-year degree from a post-secondary institution.

5. Have a minimum language proficiency of 6.5 for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or 4.5 for the Test d’evaluation du français (TEF).

6. Demonstrate a minimum level of savings/income to support yourself and your dependants. See 2011 Updated Settlement Funds Schedule for the amount you need.

If you received an invitation to apply under Ontario FSW Pilot Program, you must submit your application on or before May 4, 2012. Opportunities Ontario can only nominate 600 applicants under this initiative.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chintan_155 said:
Hi O_Canada & others who've completed landing process.

Please share that, in the PR documents whether our first landing date is mentioned anywhere?
I came to know that they put current date as original landing date.

This makes impact on citizenship days' calculator. Because OWP days count, each day as a half day in the citizenship calculation.
These days are useful especially when citizenship laws change every couple of years like this year government already increased day count.

However it's long term concern for us but it may impact on several other things which we can't imagine like pension calculation or any other...
Yes first landing mentioned as an OWP entry and there is separate date for PR entry , You can find both of these dates on your COPR documents. I think as long as we have our passports showing Immigration Stamps while entering Canada / Going back to Home Country on a particular date, that is a good proof to justify our residency days during Citizenship application.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aashamsi said:
I dont think so we should again go for waiting period, because we have already served it. Ideally we should get uninterrupted service

Moreover she also told me that our OWP is still valid.
Friends I can confirm that our OHIP coverage will be uninterrupted if we already have OHIP on OWP :) . I went to Service Canada Office last week and got my OHIP Termination date updated due to change in my Immigration Status from OWP to PR.

PS: For this modification of Termination date on your OHIP card you need to visit a Full Service , Service Ontario Office in your area. As there are only some offices in your area who deal with OHIP cards of OWP category applicants. Other General Service offices are not allowed to modify end dates on OHIP cards which were originally issued to OWP applicants.

More Info : https://www.services.gov.on.ca/locations/start.do?locale=EN

Search Office in your location by entering your Postal Code . After finding office Click on Details & Directions of that office, Read Special Note: To see if the office will be able to serve you or has any restrictions.

aashamsi

Jan 9, 2013
Canada
O_Canada said:
Friends I can confirm that our OHIP coverage will be uninterrupted if we already have OHIP on OWP :) . I went to Service Canada Office last week and got my OHIP Termination date updated due to change in my Immigration Status from OWP to PR.

PS: For this modification of Termination date on your OHIP card you need to visit a Full Service , Service Ontario Office in your area. As there are only some offices in your area who deal with OHIP cards of OWP category applicants. Other General Service offices are not allowed to modify end dates on OHIP cards which were originally issued to OWP applicants.

More Info : https://www.services.gov.on.ca/locations/start.do?locale=EN

Search Office in your location by entering your Postal Code . After finding office Click on Details & Directions of that office, Read Special Note: To see if the office will be able to serve you or has any restrictions.
Good news :)

vuexperts

Jun 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any good news from Pakistani's from London Visa Office about PR.

Any guy received any email from LVO about PR like MR,PR Fee............???

rane

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2012
Nomination.....
05-10-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
IELTS Request
13-12-2012
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
27-07-2013
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon!!
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully soon!!
LANDED..........
As soon as I receive the magical maple sticker!!
Hi O_Canada,

Thank you so very much for posting that email which gives me some hope of getting my file transferred too. Though I'm not in Canada but in USA and have received my PPR (finally!) 2 weeks ago. Along with PPR they've also requested FBI clearance & Background declaration form (again ...phew :( ) wanting to verify my current address & employment details.

I'm currently in a project which is going into production in Jul-Aug timeframe & its a challenge getting leave from work to travel to India for stamping PPR. I would try to send NDVO a similar email, hope they understand my problem & transfer my file to CHC in USA. It would be so much easier emotionally & monetarily to move to Canada from USA. India travel tickets for June/July are 1.5 times the usual cost (per person) which is criminal waste of our hard earned money. This same money can be used to settle in Canada in initial job hunting period. Again going to India for an unknown period is quite difficult.

Thanks once again buddy for your detailed post. I've been looking forever for some detailed post like this but all my efforts were in vain till I came across your post. Truly appreciate your effort :)

Warm Regards,
Prasad Rane

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rane said:
Hi O_Canada,

Thank you so very much for posting that email which gives me some hope of getting my file transferred too. Though I'm not in Canada but in USA and have received my PPR (finally!) 2 weeks ago. Along with PPR they've also requested FBI clearance & Background declaration form (again ...phew :( ) wanting to verify my current address & employment details.

I'm currently in a project which is going into production in Jul-Aug timeframe & its a challenge getting leave from work to travel to India for stamping PPR. I would try to send NDVO a similar email, hope they understand my problem & transfer my file to CHC in USA. It would be so much easier emotionally & monetarily to move to Canada from USA. India travel tickets for June/July are 1.5 times the usual cost (per person) which is criminal waste of our hard earned money. This same money can be used to settle in Canada in initial job hunting period. Again going to India for an unknown period is quite difficult.

Thanks once again buddy for your detailed post. I've been looking forever for some detailed post like this but all my efforts were in vain till I came across your post. Truly appreciate your effort :)

Warm Regards,
Prasad Rane
Hi Rane,

I am glad that my post is helpful for you. I think in your case you can request them to transfer your file to CPC-Ottawa or CHC USA i.e at any place as per their convenience and as per their rules because it is allowed to send passports from USA to Canada and vice a versa i.e within north america. Wish you all the best.

Following generic information is mentioned in the E-mail I received from Srilanka VO when they advised me to send passport to CPC- Ottawa , Canada.

If your mailing address is in the USA:

· To allow you to track your passports through the mail, we strongly recommend that you purchase a pre-paid shipping label from Canada Post and include it with your passports and a copy of this letter. Follow the link to purchase your shipping label:

http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/cst/intro-e.asp

· If you do not submit a pre-paid Canada Post shipping label, or if you provide an envelope from any other courier, we will return your passport by regular mail.

If your mailing address is in another country:

Please note that CPC-Ottawa does not send out passports outside of North America.
If you or any of your family members are residing outside North America and you are unable to send your/their passport(s) to Canada and/or to provide a return mailing address in North America, contact us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca so that we can make arrangements to print visas at another office.

chintan_155

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OWP:06-Feb-2013, PR:30-Jan-13
Nomination.....
30-10-2012
AOR Received.
OWP: 06-06-2013, PR: 06-03-13 (1st AOR from Nova Scotia, 2nd 28-06-13)
Med's Request
05-06-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sent back: 14-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2013
LANDED..........
Landed. PR file transfered to Srilanka.
Hi,

Y'day I did landing process at Niagara (US/Canada boarder). It was quite easy process.

The process steps are as under (it was suggested by Canadian visa officer at border):
1) After reaching Niagara fall take a walk on 'Rainbow bridge' there is a separate pedestrian entry by putting 50 cents per person (keep change with you)
2) reach to US boarder (it's walkable distance), officer will call you while your turn come.
3) They will ask for your passport & visa status. You can say that you are landing immigrant & come for flag polling process & you don't want to take entry in US.
4) They will issue 'Entry refusal document' (this will not affect your US travel history).
5) Come back to Canada border & submit Passport, Confirmation of PR (both copies), US refusal letter
6) They will give your PP back with landing stamp on it & a copy of COPR (the one without photo) with PR date mentioning of it.

Entire process took 1 hr. maximum.
The only thing is, my WP landing date (first landing date) is not mentioned anywhere on COPR.

rane

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2012
Nomination.....
05-10-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
IELTS Request
13-12-2012
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
27-07-2013
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon!!
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully soon!!
LANDED..........
As soon as I receive the magical maple sticker!!
Hi O_Canada,

I've sent an email to NDVO today. I hope they consider my situation & transfer my file to CPP-O. All permanent residency applications from USA are processed at CPP-O. They no more process permanent residency at any of the CHCs in USA.

Thank you once again for the detailed information. Sure I will send USPS pre-paid self-addressed shipping label.

Warm Regards,
Prasad Rane

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rane said:
Hi O_Canada,

I've sent an email to NDVO today. I hope they consider my situation & transfer my file to CPP-O. All permanent residency applications from USA are processed at CPP-O. They no more process permanent residency at any of the CHCs in USA.

Thank you once again for the detailed information. Sure I will send USPS pre-paid self-addressed shipping label.

Warm Regards,
Prasad Rane

Hi Rane,

Correction : You will not send USPS pre-paid self-addressed shipping label. You will be purchasing a Canada Post pre-paid self-addressed shipping label by clicking on the following link.
Once your request is approved
Click following link
http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/cst/intro-e.asp

Then click To THE U.S.A as your shipping destination.

Ship From Address : - > CPC-Ottawa Address in Canada.
Ship To Address :- > Your Address in USA.

After you purchase that Canada Post shipping label, Paste it on one envelope and send that envelope along with your passports . Please note that if you include pre-paid Fedex/ DHL or any other shipping labels/envelopes, Although you have paid but CIC does not returns your passports in those pre-paid envelopes they will send your passports through Normal Canada post mail which does not have any tracking number. So always follow the exact approach as mentioned in their e-mail which you will be receiving while your file is transferred to Canada .

While sending your passports from USA to Canada it is your choice how you want to send your passports you can send through USPS / Fedex/ DHL etc...
following the address destinations for Mail Vs Courier i.e usually a courier is not delivered to PO Box address . CPC Address for Courier mails is mentioned in the e-mail as well.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chintan_155 said:
Hi,

Y'day I did landing process at Niagara (US/Canada boarder). It was quite easy process.

The process steps are as under (it was suggested by Canadian visa officer at border):
1) After reaching Niagara fall take a walk on 'Rainbow bridge' there is a separate pedestrian entry by putting 50 cents per person (keep change with you)
2) reach to US boarder (it's walkable distance), officer will call you while your turn come.
3) They will ask for your passport & visa status. You can say that you are landing immigrant & come for flag polling process & you don't want to take entry in US.
4) They will issue 'Entry refusal document' (this will not affect your US travel history).
5) Come back to Canada border & submit Passport, Confirmation of PR (both copies), US refusal letter
6) They will give your PP back with landing stamp on it & a copy of COPR (the one without photo) with PR date mentioning of it.

Entire process took 1 hr. maximum.
The only thing is, my WP landing date (first landing date) is not mentioned anywhere on COPR.
Hi Chintan ,
Congratulations !!!!

I also followed exactly same approach. But for me this process took around 2.5 hours, may be we were walking slowly plus on that day there was some waiting time at the borders. If we do not have change then there is a change vending machine on Canada Side which accepts Bills/Coins, I think even accepts Credit Cards to get 50 cent coins :)

In my case my WP Landing date is mentioned on the COPR along with PR Landing date. But do not worry as at the time of Citizenship application your passports have those Initial entry/exit stamps and WP documents with you to prove that you were in Canada at that time.
Also keep copies of your current Credit Card / Bank Statements / Utility bills / Lease Documents etc to prove your physical stay in Canada.

Its good to see that with time our forum members are reaching their destination Canada :)