+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario FSW Pilot

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zain92 said:
Dear All..

Today one of my friends told me that he sent an enquiry to london office around 2 months ago and he received an email 15 days ago. stating that " your file is in queue awaiting for review from immigration officer".

The point is he told me that when we send inquiry to London office we use
"london-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca" this email and they reply with this email
"re-london-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca"

[size=10pt]BUT[/size] my friend used "london-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca" and he received email from "LDNIMMIGRATION @ international.gc.ca" which is never used to reply for case inquiry. This email is used to send PPR and / or landing fees request.

what do you people say on this point....

he is from finance field.

reply will be highly appreciated.

Thank you
@ zain92,

Do not worry about the e-mail ID from which applicants are getting reply, it does not makes any sense to track each and every step. Things and processes keeps on changing at Visa offices.

example :
I sent an e-mail and Case Specific Inquiry to Colombo,Srilanka VO . They used to communicate using re-clmbo.immigration @ international . gc . ca
but now this 4 weeks back I got reply from an email something like " SRILANKA IMMIGRATION @ international . gc . ca "

So to be on safer side, always raise a case specific Inquiry using online Panel for your Visa office so that your e-mail is always delivered to the correct address. IF visa office asks you to contact at a particular e-mail ID then you send an e-mail to that address.

If your intention is to track e-mails to ensure they are not going to Spam folder then always search your mail box with "gc.ca", you can always find an e-mail if you just overlooked it in your mail box or its lying somewhere in spam mail folder.

Cheerss!!!!

aashamsi

Jan 9, 2013
Canada
O_Canada said:
@ zain92,

Do not worry about the e-mail ID from which applicants are getting reply, it does not makes any sense to track each and every step. Things and processes keeps on changing at Visa offices.

example :
I sent an e-mail and Case Specific Inquiry to Colombo,Srilanka VO . They used to communicate using re-clmbo.immigration @ international . gc . ca
but now this 4 weeks back I got reply from an email something like " SRILANKA IMMIGRATION @ international . gc . ca "

So to be on safer side, always raise a case specific Inquiry using online Panel for your Visa office so that your e-mail is always delivered to the correct address. IF visa office asks you to contact at a particular e-mail ID then you send an e-mail to that address.

If your intention is to track e-mails to ensure they are not going to Spam folderthen always search your mail box with "gc.ca", you can always find an e-mail if you just overlooked it in your mail box or its lying somewhere in spam mail folder.

Cheerss!!!!
I agree

vickarora

Apr 13, 2013
Chintan,

How are you planning (or did you send) your passport to Colombo ? My case is in a similar state and I am currently in New Delhi itself ?

Thanks in advance!

chintan_155 said:
Hi rp_tp,

It's progressed further & got an email mentioning that decision has been made.
I've been asked to submit passports last week.

I didn't do re-medical. They considered previous medical in my case.
You can do what I did exactly:
- Take printout of e-mail
- Put tick mark again each point that denotes you are submitting all the documents they requested
- Add "Medical Reports" manually at the end of all the points in the e-mail printout & also put tick mark again that (Means you are submitting medical alongwith requested documents. Highlight "Medical reports")
- Attach all the documents in the sequence (followed by previous medical reports)
- Mail them

Hope this information will be useful to those members who have been asked furtherance (other documents) along with Medical request.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vickarora said:
Chintan,

How are you planning (or did you send) your passport to Colombo ? My case is in a similar state and I am currently in New Delhi itself ?

Thanks in advance!
@ vickarora,

If your residence was in India when you applied for PNP then although Srilanka VO is processing your application but usually they ask us to send Passports to ( Home Country ) New Delhi Visa office not to Colombo, Srilanka VO .
Can you please double check if you got an e-mail to send your passports to Colombo, Srilanka VO or to New Delhi VO. It would be interesting to know if they changed destination for sending passports of Indian applicants.

vickarora

Apr 13, 2013
Actually when I posted yesterday, I didn't get mail from Sri Lanka. Later in the day, I did recieve the mail and as you mentioned, they asked me to submit the passport to New Delhi through VFS. So, that answered my question.

Question 1: To my surprise the subject of email was "VISA COLLECTION LETTER - TME" rather than "Passport Request" that I was expecting. Is it normal to right it this way ?

Question 2: Any idea, how much time NDVO would take to stamp the Visas once I would submit the passport ? Need to travel out next month for work.

O_Canada said:
@ vickarora,

If your residence was in India when you applied for PNP then although Srilanka VO is processing your application but usually they ask us to send Passports to ( Home Country ) New Delhi Visa office not to Colombo, Srilanka VO .
Can you please double check if you got an e-mail to send your passports to Colombo, Srilanka VO or to New Delhi VO. It would be interesting to know if they changed destination for sending passports of Indian applicants.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vickarora said:
Actually when I posted yesterday, I didn't get mail from Sri Lanka. Later in the day, I did recieve the mail and as you mentioned, they asked me to submit the passport to New Delhi through VFS. So, that answered my question.

Question 1: To my surprise the subject of email was "VISA COLLECTION LETTER - TME" rather than "Passport Request" that I was expecting. Is it normal to right it this way ?

Question 2: Any idea, how much time NDVO would take to stamp the Visas once I would submit the passport ? Need to travel out next month for work.
@vickarora,

Congratulations for reaching this milestone.

I would not worry about the Subject of this e-mail. As long as the body of the e-mail has clear instructions regarding what needs to be done.

Now this is very tricky to answer this question. There is a history that sometimes NDVO usually take long time to stamp visa on PP. But in this case Srilanka VO is advising to submit PP and Srilanka VO usually advises to send PP when every thing is ready and only Stamping is pending. I would suggest if you have any plans to travel outside India next month then send a covering letter along with your passport and mention that urgency regarding your Travel in next month ( If you have any proof's you can enclose with that , e.g: Copy of Tickets, Hotel reservations, Invitation letter / e-mail showing that you are going outside next month etc... ) , that might help expediting your Visa stamping.

BTW if I can ask when did you complete your Medicals ??? Usually the validity of your PR visa is linked with your Medical validity date. e.g: if you finished your medicals on 15 Sep 2013 then your PR visa validity will end by 14 Sep 2014 ( i.e same date as your medical validity end date , Medical is valid for 12 months ) . But you will come to know exact validity dates once visa is stamped on your PP. I was saying this because based upon these validity dates you need to plan your landing in Canada, so that you can plan the duration of your next month trip outside India accordingly :)

Wish you all the best.

chintan_155

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OWP:06-Feb-2013, PR:30-Jan-13
Nomination.....
30-10-2012
AOR Received.
OWP: 06-06-2013, PR: 06-03-13 (1st AOR from Nova Scotia, 2nd 28-06-13)
Med's Request
05-06-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sent back: 14-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2013
LANDED..........
Landed. PR file transfered to Srilanka.
vickarora said:
Chintan,

Thanks in advance!
Hi vickarora,

Passport request came from Colombo but requesting it to submit at New Delhi VO.
I am planning to send it through family friend to whom I can rely.

chintan_155

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
30-10-2012
AOR Received.
Med's Request
05-06-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2013
LANDED..........
vickarora said:

Hi vickarora,

However O-Canada has given you a valuable answer, I would like to add other consideration into it.

As per my best knowledge, most of the cases are finalized on reaching the month as mentioned in the visa office specific timeline on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/inFORMation/times/perm/provincial.asp#asia. For New Delhi it's 15 months so if your case in accepted in Jan'13 then by Mar-14 officer will make the final decision & either they will issue the visa or they will ask for your passports (time excluding delay from your side in the communication if you fail in given deadlines)

For example, in my case New delhi visa office sent my application to Colombo for faster processing (so called by NDVO) whose timeline is 12 months as mentioned in the above link, they have finalized my case exactly on reaching 12th month. even I got mail mentioning 'Decision has been made' & 'Passport requested' (to be submitted at New Delhi VO). Now my local visa office is New delhi whose timeline is 15 months so even though my passport is requested, they suppose to issue visa in 15th month only because NDVO will have queue of cases whose 15th month is getting over in next three months. So eventhough only stamping is pending on passports it would take 3 more months.

The timeline is fixed up based on the pending load & the processing capacity per working day or month. Many of forum members must observed that due to PAFSO strike this time line is extended from 12 months to 15 months.

I've noticed this calculation for three applications, mine & of my two friends. Hope this analysis would be helpful to forum members.

vickarora

Apr 13, 2013
Thanks for your insights O_Canada!

Medicals were done in last week of January.

O_Canada said:
@ vickarora,

Congratulations for reaching this milestone.

I would not worry about the Subject of this e-mail. As long as the body of the e-mail has clear instructions regarding what needs to be done.

Now this is very tricky to answer this question. There is a history that sometimes NDVO usually take long time to stamp visa on PP. But in this case Srilanka VO is advising to submit PP and Srilanka VO usually advises to send PP when every thing is ready and only Stamping is pending. I would suggest if you have any plans to travel outside India next month then send a covering letter along with your passport and mention that urgency regarding your Travel in next month ( If you have any proof's you can enclose with that , e.g: Copy of Tickets, Hotel reservations, Invitation letter / e-mail showing that you are going outside next month etc... ) , that might help expediting your Visa stamping.

BTW if I can ask when did you complete your Medicals ??? Usually the validity of your PR visa is linked with your Medical validity date. e.g: if you finished your medicals on 15 Sep 2013 then your PR visa validity will end by 14 Sep 2014 ( i.e same date as your medical validity end date , Medical is valid for 12 months ) . But you will come to know exact validity dates once visa is stamped on your PP. I was saying this because based upon these validity dates you need to plan your landing in Canada, so that you can plan the duration of your next month trip outside India accordingly :)

Wish you all the best.

vickarora

Apr 13, 2013
First AOR was received from CIC in Feb 2013. Second AOR from NDVO was recieved in June 2013. Third AOR from Colombo in November 2013.

If we go by this and your analysis: Colombo has requested for passports 1 year after 1st AOR (but with in 3 months it received the file) and NDVO should stamp it by May (assuming it calculates its time from 1 AOR and not from 2nd). Lets see.

Thanks for sharing your insights Chintan!

chintan_155 said:
Hi vickarora,

However O-Canada has given you a valuable answer, I would like to add other consideration into it.

As per my best knowledge, most of the cases are finalized on reaching the month as mentioned in the visa office specific timeline on <Link Removed>]. For New Delhi it's 15 months so if your case in accepted in Jan'13 then by Mar-14 officer will make the final decision & either they will issue the visa or they will ask for your passports (time excluding delay from your side in the communication if you fail in given deadlines)

For example, in my case New delhi visa office sent my application to Colombo for faster processing (so called by NDVO) whose timeline is 12 months as mentioned in the above link, they have finalized my case exactly on reaching 12th month. even I got mail mentioning 'Decision has been made' & 'Passport requested' (to be submitted at New Delhi VO). Now my local visa office is New delhi whose timeline is 15 months so even though my passport is requested, they suppose to issue visa in 15th month only because NDVO will have queue of cases whose 15th month is getting over in next three months. So eventhough only stamping is pending on passports it would take 3 more months.

The timeline is fixed up based on the pending load & the processing capacity per working day or month. Many of forum members must observed that due to PAFSO strike this time line is extended from 12 months to 15 months.

I've noticed this calculation for three applications, mine & of my two friends. Hope this analysis would be helpful to forum members.

chintan_155

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
30-10-2012
AOR Received.
Med's Request
05-06-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2013
LANDED..........
vickarora said:
First AOR was received from CIC in Feb 2013. Second AOR from NDVO was recieved in June 2013. Third AOR from Colombo in November 2013.

If we go by this and your analysis: Colombo has requested for passports 1 year after 1st AOR (but with in 3 months it received the file) and NDVO should stamp it by May (assuming it calculates its time from 1 AOR and not from 2nd). Lets see.

Thanks for sharing your insights Chintan!
Ya it should be from first AOR. Because that was the date on which they accepted our file.

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
Open Work permit visa Aug 2013
chintan_155 said:
Ya it should be from first AOR. Because that was the date our file was accepted by them.
Chintan

Can you send a sample of Authorization letter that needs to be send with the person who is carrying passport.

chintan_155

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
30-10-2012
AOR Received.
Med's Request
05-06-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2013
LANDED..........
rp_tp said:
Chintan

Can you send a sample of Authorization letter that needs to be send with the person who is carrying passport.
Hi rp_tp,

I've prepared two formats in word, One for carrying PP & another to receive the same.

If you are planning to send through VFS then you should prepare one more letter with the title like "Consent Letter for Submitting Passport" that will help your family member to submit it to VFS.

You can format below information in word. Here there is no facility to attach any file so I've to paste it in plain text only.

Format 1: For carrying PP:
<Title> Consent Letter for Carrying Passport

To whom it may concern,

I, <Your Name as per PP>,
full name(s) of parent(s) / person(s) / organization giving consent
Current Address: <Canadian address where you are living>

Telephone and email: <Your contact number> <Email>
telephone email
Passport Number: <Passport Number> <Issue Date> <Expiry Date>
Passport number Date of Issue Date of Expiry
Issuing authority of passport: <India>
country where passport was issued

is providing consent to carry my passport with the person with below identity

Information about Carrying Authority

Name: <Person name who is carrying PP>
Full name who carrying passport
From <Toronto, Ontario, Canada or your city, state, country >
Source
To <India>
Destination

Signature(s) of person(s) giving consent

dd/mm/yyyy

Format 2: For receiving PP (This is required when your PP get stamped & return to your home address, if postman doesn't convince handover it to your family member OR it may be required at VFS)

Consent Letter for Receiving Passport

To whom it may concern

I, <Your Name>
full name(s) of parent(s) / person(s) / organization giving consent
Current Address: <Current Canadian Address>
Current address, city
Passport Number: <Passport Name> <Date of Issue> <Date of Expiry>
Passport number Date of Issue Date of Expiry
Issuing authority of passport: <India>
country where passport was issued

is providing consent to receive my passport with the person with below identity

Information about Carrying Authority

Name: <Your family member>
Full name who carrying passport
Residing at <Your home address as written in the PP>
Address

Signature(s) of person(s) giving consent

dd/mm/yyyy

Note: If you are in Canada then it's always better to get at-least one government photo id (like G1 license) before sending your PP. That will help you for anything. Your PP is required for getting G1.

Hadeel1234

Sep 27, 2011
Iraq
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Nomination.....
17-9-2012
AOR Received.
03-01-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2014
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Med's Done....
05-08-2014
Hi Guys ,
I applied my PR to the CIO since 1 Nov 2012 ,then they transferred my file to the Visa office in Amman , and my application status is still application received since then , I did not hear from them at all
As I am already in Canada on OWP , I contacted a MP to check upon my PR status
the MP reply was that my file was transferred to Bucharest a month ago ,but I was not informed at all , nothing at all and the status of my application is still the same
The MP said that he checked with Ottawa immigration office , as they have a central database for all applications
I wonder if it is possible for me to check with Ottawa , any body knows how to reach them , any advice ?

bechris

Jan 14, 2013
Hadeel1234 said:
Hi Guys ,
I applied my PR to the CIO since 1 Nov 2012 ,then they transferred my file to the Visa office in Amman , and my application status is still application received since then , I did not hear from them at all
As I am already in Canada on OWP , I contacted a MP to check upon my PR status
the MP reply was that my file was transferred to Bucharest a month ago ,but I was not informed at all , nothing at all and the status of my application is still the same
The MP said that he checked with Ottawa immigration office , as they have a central database for all applications
I wonder if it is possible for me to check with Ottawa , any body knows how to reach them , any advice ?
@Hadeel1234

We have the same scenario. I checked me and wife's PR status with Centralized-Intake-Office @ cic.gc.ca, but they said that our file was transferred to Bucharest. I emailed Bucharest IO and got a reply that our file is with Manila IO. To verify if it is really with Manila IO, I emailed them and got a reply to have patience in waiting. Our file is still Application Received and hoping it will have an update soon.

I contacted CIO to request for OHIP eligibility. Our request with Ministry of Health is rejected due to my PR application has no decision yet if we are qualified or not.