Finally my wait for OWP also came to an end today
Pls find my time lines below

Visa Office: NDVO
OWP Applied: 8-Jan-2013
Medicals Received: 16-Feb-2013
OWP Approval email: 25-Mar-2013 ;D

@ Tarak
Congrats Bro. Another mile stone in this long journey achieved
Congratulations Pradeesh , One Major Milestone reached. Cheerss !!! :)

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tarakvshah said:
Hi All,
I got my work permit Today .... which is valid till 22 Mar 2015.

But I didn't get my AOR yet.

Pelase advice me how much change for rejection of my PR application ?
worried..............
Congratulations @ tarakvshah, Do not worry , this time if u have sent all the required supporting documents and fees then every thing should be fine.

Just to calm your mind , here is a Plan B - If you work in Canada for at least 1 year then you will be again eligible for Canadian Experience Class PR category . So don't worry and enjoy , Where there's a will, there's a way , Cheersss !!!!! :)

tarakvshah

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
O_Canada said:
Congratulations @ tarakvshah, Do not worry , this time if u have sent all the required supporting documents and fees then every thing should be fine.

Just to calm your mind , here is a Plan B - If you work in Canada for at least 1 year then you will be again eligible for Canadian Experience Class PR category . So don't worry and enjoy , Where there's a will, there's a way , Cheersss !!!!! :)
Thanks O_Canada... Di u get any update?

One morething, I got Wok permit for me only... I was appliend it for my wife also... but my wife didn't get any
work permit letter...

did this mean my workpermit letter is also applicable for her also...

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am still waiting , Yet I do not have any updates regarding my application. Will keep u guys posted once I hear something back from CIC.

Regarding WP letter, Just check the Visa Stamps on Passport , What is the category on the Visa Stamp of your Wife's passport VISITOR or WORKER , if its WORKER then I think they may be issuing WP letter to Principal Applicant only and that might hold good for Spouse as well.

Pradeesh has also got his approval today so he can clear this confusion for us .

This is the difference on Visitor & Worker Visa:

VISITOR

WORKER

This is how Work Permit Paper Looks like , u get this paper once you reach port of entry in Canada.

pradeeshma

May 4, 2006
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
O_Canada said:
I am still waiting , Yet I do not have any updates regarding my application. Will keep u guys posted once I hear something back from CIC.

Regarding WP letter, Just check the Visa Stamps on Passport , What is the category on the Visa Stamp of your Wife's passport VISITOR or WORKER , if its WORKER then I think they may be issuing WP letter to Principal Applicant only and that might hold good for Spouse as well.

Pradeesh has also got his approval today so he can clear this confusion for us .

This is the difference on Visitor & Worker Visa:

VISITOR

WORKER

This is how Work Permit Paper Looks like , u get this paper once you reach port of entry in Canada.
Hello O_Canada
In my case i alone applied for OWP first due to the confusion created by the VFS guys. Later on when i got my medical request things where clear to me and hence i went again and applied for my wife and kid. So as of now my wife and kid application is just in the pipe line and mine is out.

pradeeshma

May 4, 2006
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Can i have valuable Forum members opinion on my below query please....

If we travel to Ontario on OWP and then from our local VO if they ask for passports again for PR processing what to do ?
In my case im travelling alone using the OWP. My family will stay back till PR gets processed.
ie when the VO asks for passport again I may be in Ontario on OWP and rest of the family is in India.

I feel most of them who have opted for OWP is going to run into this situation sooner.

Any thoughts ?

Maryam.A

Star Member
Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2012
Nomination.....
11-09-2012
AOR Received.
05-12-2012
Med's Request
04-04-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Hi friends
Thanks God, At the beginning of our new year (Persian year) I received the Pass Request email from Ankara Visa Office for my OWP.
Hope that every one will receive their OWP soon.

Hadeel1234

Sep 27, 2011
Iraq
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Nomination.....
17-9-2012
AOR Received.
03-01-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2014
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Med's Done....
05-08-2014
Maryam.A said:
Hi friends
Thanks God, At the beginning of our new year (Persian year) I received the Pass Request email from Ankara Visa Office for my OWP.
Many Congrats Maryam , hope this forum will continue giving good news everyday

migrateBoy

Nov 19, 2012
Nairobi, Kenya
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
30-10-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
IELTS Request
N/A (With Application)
File Transfer...
N/A (Unknown)
Med's Request
11-03-2013
Med's Done....
23-04-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2013
LANDED..........
26-11-2014
Hi,

Yes, I would think so too. What my VO stated is that PR process will continue when my passport are submitted. So the longer you take to deliver the documents, then the longer it will take to get PR.

So, if you check my previous post - I withdrew my OWP application so that my Passport can be returned and submit it for PR. Though, we are in different VO, this is what was logical to me. I would have as well waited for my OWP and passport return and then submit it... but again I would not travelled to Canada, since I need to submit it. This would just have wasted time.

Hope this is valuable input to your decision.

pradeeshma said:
Can i have valuable Forum members opinion on my below query please....

If we travel to Ontario on OWP and then from our local VO if they ask for passports again for PR processing what to do ?
In my case im travelling alone using the OWP. My family will stay back till PR gets processed.
ie when the VO asks for passport again I may be in Ontario on OWP and rest of the family is in India.

I feel most of them who have opted for OWP is going to run into this situation sooner.

Any thoughts ?

xingyun

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
pradeeshma said:
Hello All

@ Tarak
Congratulations Pradeesh... It is quite a slump here in Manila VO. Jan 30 my medical was received and until today there is no update. Very lucky you! Good luck!

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maryam.A said:
Hi friends
Congrats @Maryam.A for getting your Passport Submission request. One more step close to reach Big milestone :)

princeofindia

Star Member
Aug 31, 2011
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2010
Nomination.....
10-10-2011
AOR Received.
25-12-2011
Med's Request
19-05-2012
Med's Done....
03-08-2012
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
05-01-2013
Congrats.

I am happy to see that quite a lot of progress has been made or many of us in our PR/work permit processing. I hope our dreams are realised.This is a great opportunity to pass on to our children.

regards
princeofindia

pradeeshma said:
Hello All

@ Tarak

xingyun

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Maryam.A said:
Hi friends
Hi Maryam, you did requested for your family also right? Did they also recieved OWP?

pradeeshma

May 4, 2006
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Maryam.A said:
Hi friends
Congrats....