+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario FSW Pilot

ahmedhuang

Star Member
Feb 11, 2013
O Zain bhai,

Please dont waste money on Joggers and Boots please khuda ka wasta.

Just wear old boots with thick socks(Towel sock ultra thick so that it can absorb sweat) if you buy woolen your feets will be sweating and smelling bad. Joggers NO NO NO, wind chill and snow will make your feets super freezing.

If you have small female kids like 2 - 8 or even 10 year old, buy sets of LEGGINGS woolen buy for this season 4 to 6 sets and also for next year. Believe me its so expensive and hard to find good leggings for kids.

For boys buy Jeans that has flannel lining inside it will keep them warm. If you married and your wife wears scarf buy some nice ones from there its also expensive here. Since you are coming first time do keep WATEX Company towels bath size in Pakistan its super cheap and best quality.

Do keep your medicines for kids, if they take any specific medicines specially it will be winter so be sure you have Panadol extra from Pakistan, disprin to break Cold, here you will also find good medicines too but expensive. If you are inclined towards homeopathy do timely consult your practitioner and get remedies. Get Topis / Caps that covers ears as well for kids and muffler. Some sort of Gloves

Once you are in Canada, you have alots of options for Boots they are called Winter boots. Best Brand is SOREL, MERRELL, COlumbia, North face .
IN winter Jackets North Face, Columbia you need Down Feather Filled Jackets that can sustain minus 20 to 30 degrees wind chill. You need water repellent material for jacket as snow falls it becomes so wet on Jacket if its fabric. You need Rubber sole with good traction Boots and water repellent fabric now there are two considerations. If you are planning to get car immediately you need ankle length boots, if you take buses then you need length higher than ankle.

For youself get latest design suites and Plain dress shirts , suites and shirts are expensive here .. but again your timing is right big sale here on Boxing day and xmas , get good leather belts for youself, wallet, plain ties dont over Do it just 2 suites, 5 - 6 dress shirts, 3 - 4 ties dress socks, shoes you can get Woolen insulated dress shoes from ALDO shoes and Globo shoes in Canada not very expensive.

If married your wife can bring Lawn Shalwar kameez for summers and woolen for winters.

One more thing in Canada you should not be afraid in Investing UnderPants / Warmer by the Brand UNDERARMOR (Category WARM) you can wear under your dress pant if you want to go for interviews by using buses alternatively if you buy something from Pakistan it wont protect you from wind chill so its waste of money.

Again do get updated vaccination card for children, for children boots are SOREL, BOGS, higher than ankle with rubber Upper and Sole.
Jackets you can get from CHILDREN PLACE and H&M Warmest Winter Jackets that comes with Snow Pants, Gloves and Caps

alright my write up is not in sequence as i am typing whatever is coming to my mind but i am sure you can reassemble it :D hahhaha

Make sure you cancel Pakistan credit cards, PTCL, Mobile Bills etc to avoid annual fees and stuff.

If you want any pakistani card to work in Canada do timely tell your bank about it.

If you are maintaining locker do make sure you keep its keys in safe location or to responsible person. Keep you documents e.g. legal documents in locker or hand over to responsible person.

As you mentioned you are traveling in coming days ... keep moderate eating habits to avoid travel sickness, do keep warm stuff like hoodie or something it tends to be cooler avoid cold fluids but keep consuming lots of fluids in flight. Do not take off your shoes to avoid swelling you wont able to get back your feet into the same shoe :D hahahaha crazy isnt it.

ok shoot anything u wanna ask i would be more than happy to answer.

One desi advice , rishte daron ke mathe na lagna , if you have money come and dont be dependent on any one to avoid disappointments. come with less expectations but with positive attitude you would be very happy.

Allah keep you and ur family safe.

Bie.

vuexperts

Jun 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
before coming to Canada , ...........watch it

https://www.facebook.com/vinayhariworld/videos/842605855791319/?fref=nf

zain92 said:
Thanks Ahmed and zizu.. love you all yaar .. shopping is on the way and almost half done... let me know about boots or jogars.. ? ? which ones are best for Canada land :) ?

niagra

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
vuexperts said:
before coming to Canada , ...........watch it

https://www.facebook.com/vinayhariworld/videos/842605855791319/?fref=nf
hahaha....goodone.....wesy in ko USA jana chahiye.......

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
i have mentioned in my form i am taking $16,000 with me, I need to show this amount as a POF at POE but can i take with me more than this amount like $18,000 ? is there any issue?

ahmedhuang

Star Member
Feb 11, 2013
No issues what so ever Just mention what you have at hand. You will be welcomed and you dont have to take out of your bag / pockets to show to CBSA. Just mention on form all Currencies Including Canadian, USD, Dirhams, Pak Rupees, Coins Add all the value and convert into Canadian dollar and mention on FORM. For example you add everything and the sum came out 18250 CAD you can write 18500 APPROX. due to fluctuation of Currency conversion rate.

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
Salaam all.... i need to know quickly one thing...

* I am making draft from money ex-changer today. They are asking me passport front page copy and visa page copy. I need to know is this necessary to give them VISA page copy ? they are saying this is the state bank policy .

urgent please..

ahmedhuang

Star Member
Feb 11, 2013
hmm zain its ok good for you provide them passport copy and visa page nothing to worry.

Also have a bank statement of your account from where all the funds have been withdrawn just incase you need to provide proof that its your fund. If the funds were already in your bank account for sometime or you suddenly got funds you need to have proof of any sale of property , car or anything with you, just to be proactive to avoid any reservation by the CBSA. Although there are no hassles for the first timers entering Canada, but if you are picked up randomly you need to have something at hand.

Good luck and wish you safe journey.

zizu

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2012
Doc's Request.
28-03-2013, 01-04-2014, 01-06-2015,05-08-2015
AOR Received.
22-01-2013
Med's Request
01-09-2013, 01-06-2015
Med's Done....
01-09-2013, 01-06,2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015,15-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-oct-2015
LANDED..........
1-nov-2015
ahmedhuang said:
O Zain bhai,

Please dont waste money on Joggers and Boots please khuda ka wasta.

Just wear old boots with thick socks(Towel sock ultra thick so that it can absorb sweat) if you buy woolen your feets will be sweating and smelling bad. Joggers NO NO NO, wind chill and snow will make your feets super freezing.

If you have small female kids like 2 - 8 or even 10 year old, buy sets of LEGGINGS woolen buy for this season 4 to 6 sets and also for next year. Believe me its so expensive and hard to find good leggings for kids.

For boys buy Jeans that has flannel lining inside it will keep them warm. If you married and your wife wears scarf buy some nice ones from there its also expensive here. Since you are coming first time do keep WATEX Company towels bath size in Pakistan its super cheap and best quality.

Do keep your medicines for kids, if they take any specific medicines specially it will be winter so be sure you have Panadol extra from Pakistan, disprin to break Cold, here you will also find good medicines too but expensive. If you are inclined towards homeopathy do timely consult your practitioner and get remedies. Get Topis / Caps that covers ears as well for kids and muffler. Some sort of Gloves

Once you are in Canada, you have alots of options for Boots they are called Winter boots. Best Brand is SOREL, MERRELL, COlumbia, North face .
IN winter Jackets North Face, Columbia you need Down Feather Filled Jackets that can sustain minus 20 to 30 degrees wind chill. You need water repellent material for jacket as snow falls it becomes so wet on Jacket if its fabric. You need Rubber sole with good traction Boots and water repellent fabric now there are two considerations. If you are planning to get car immediately you need ankle length boots, if you take buses then you need length higher than ankle.

For youself get latest design suites and Plain dress shirts , suites and shirts are expensive here .. but again your timing is right big sale here on Boxing day and xmas , get good leather belts for youself, wallet, plain ties dont over Do it just 2 suites, 5 - 6 dress shirts, 3 - 4 ties dress socks, shoes you can get Woolen insulated dress shoes from ALDO shoes and Globo shoes in Canada not very expensive.

If married your wife can bring Lawn Shalwar kameez for summers and woolen for winters.

One more thing in Canada you should not be afraid in Investing UnderPants / Warmer by the Brand UNDERARMOR (Category WARM) you can wear under your dress pant if you want to go for interviews by using buses alternatively if you buy something from Pakistan it wont protect you from wind chill so its waste of money.

Again do get updated vaccination card for children, for children boots are SOREL, BOGS, higher than ankle with rubber Upper and Sole.
Jackets you can get from CHILDREN PLACE and H&M Warmest Winter Jackets that comes with Snow Pants, Gloves and Caps

alright my write up is not in sequence as i am typing whatever is coming to my mind but i am sure you can reassemble it :D hahhaha

Make sure you cancel Pakistan credit cards, PTCL, Mobile Bills etc to avoid annual fees and stuff.

If you want any pakistani card to work in Canada do timely tell your bank about it.

If you are maintaining locker do make sure you keep its keys in safe location or to responsible person. Keep you documents e.g. legal documents in locker or hand over to responsible person.

As you mentioned you are traveling in coming days ... keep moderate eating habits to avoid travel sickness, do keep warm stuff like hoodie or something it tends to be cooler avoid cold fluids but keep consuming lots of fluids in flight. Do not take off your shoes to avoid swelling you wont able to get back your feet into the same shoe :D hahahaha crazy isnt it.

ok shoot anything u wanna ask i would be more than happy to answer.

One desi advice , rishte daron ke mathe na lagna , if you have money come and dont be dependent on any one to avoid disappointments. come with less expectations but with positive attitude you would be very happy.

Allah keep you and ur family safe.

Bie.
@ahmed - comprehensive list - even I got some shopping tips from your post :)

@zain - couple of things to reiterate
1. Have all your documents scanned and put on cloud / usb/ etc. ALL documents - going all the way back to when you passed your matric exam :)
2. Kids school reports - you may need it
3. If you are on any medications - bring enough supplies (atleast for next 6 months) - and make sure you have the prescription and you do declare if they ask you at the customs. (have your prescription ready)
4. Enough funds - do not expect you will get the job in your field in the first month (although some lucky souls have got that, but do not EXPECT)
5. Enough Patience - you have to bring in as much patience as you can - we are very tempramental / emotional / hurried nation - and if things don't work out in first 3 weeks we think sky is falling. have enough dose of patience with you - Immigrating and Settling in is 5 day test not a T20
6. Amen to what Ahmad said about shoes - except do bring in your dress shoes - but keep in mind dress shoes are for indoors only :) in winter its the winter boots that rock!!!
7. Have your NICOP done before you come in

Good luck...
zizu

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
* for NICOP , now i dont have time becoz i am flying in a couple of days... how important NICOP is ?

* i know i am a little bit getting stupid and confused. but please let me know to be very specific which form should i need to fill before leaving Pakistan.. i know some forms will be filled in-front of officers at Canadian airport but please let me know which form i must fill before leaving my country or before departure ?

ahmedhuang

Star Member
Feb 11, 2013
NICOP card comes in handy when you want to go back to Pakistan you dont have to acquire visa to go back to your country. If you dont have then you need visa for Pakistan. its an overseas card. But you can get it from pakistan embassy.

You need to fill E667 Form for the declaration of Monetary instrument.

also read this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border.asp

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5052-eng.html

ahmedhuang

Star Member
Feb 11, 2013
to be straight = YES

if you can not its ok you will be handed over Declaration card by any how in flight.

But you SHOULD fill E667 form if you can i encourage you do that.

Please double check from NADRA and Air lines or your travel agent if you need NICOP. Please do that ASAP.

Since I had this already done long time before travel so i had NICOP when i left pakistan, but in your case your time lines are too tight but even before you make journey please Verify from your Airlines, Airport Authorities, NADRA, or travel agent if you need NICOP before travel or you can travel without it.

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
Dear Ahmed i think i need to fill Form E667 becoz Form E677 is for those if money i am bringing is not mine but someone else's ... got my point ?

on currency declaration or food decalration form which address i need to write , home country address or Canadian address ?

In person at a Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) office

If you are entering or leaving Canada and are carrying $10,000 or more, or its equivalent in a foreign currency including any combination of coins, domestic or foreign bank notes, and securities, such as travellers cheques, stocks and bonds, you have to complete Form E677, Cross-Border Currency or Monetary Instruments Report – Individual. If the currency or monetary instruments that you are reporting are not your own, you will be required to complete Form E667, Cross-Border Currency or Monetary Instruments Report – General. You must complete the reporting form, sign it, and hand it to a border services officer at the nearest CBSA office that is open at the time you are travelling.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5052-eng.html

ahmedhuang

Star Member
Feb 11, 2013
sir i have mention wrong form number and also you have written wrong form number go to your reply again :D

correct form is E677

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e677-eng.html
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e677.pdf

The address of Pakistan on Declaration Card from where you are coming also
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/declaration-card-disembarktion-form-t85149.0.html