+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario FSW Pilot

gurhehar

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Mohareb said:
Thanks .... My Doctor panel told me that I got the wrong email as I was suppose to get an email from my Case Officer with new codes for my doctor to be able to upload the results in eMedical system ... I got an email from CIC and it looks an automated email generated by the system and it is a copy email from what I received earlier more than 18 months ago .

I have some questions PLEASE

1- What sort of email did you get ? Was it from your case officer or from CIC as automated email ? I

2- Did they ask you to redo the complete medical exam or just a REASSESSMENT ?

3- Did they give the same old IME codes or generated a new Codes for you ?

Thanks for your help
I got an email from my visa office to redo the medicals. I was given new IME nos for myself and my family. I have already discussed this issue earlier that these new forms were not seen on the panel doctor system as my old medicals had not expired then. I wrote to my visa officer and then he send us an email for reassessment rather than to do whole medicals again.

I think if there is any confusion, you can write to your visa officer, giving him the reference of this email you got from cic. Maybe he will send you a medical reassessment if required at this stage.

Nasirali

Star Member
Dec 13, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-Nov-2012
File Transfer...
02-Apr-2013
Med's Request
06-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
04-Apr-2014
niagra said:
Dear Nasirali,I think it is good news....you can apply express entry and you will get pr with in six months....at least you know your timelines......we are still in the dark.....wishing you best of luck...
Thanks niagra. Let us see what are their instruction in the new nomination package which I may receive within few days.

Nasirali

Star Member
Dec 13, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-Nov-2012
File Transfer...
02-Apr-2013
Med's Request
06-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
04-Apr-2014
ahmedhuang said:
Usually when you receive certificate of nomination you also receive the clearly mention set of instructions or action on your part to further notice.

Don't worry take it easy you will come to know in that package.

But other friends in this forum can add their valuable input.

Thanks,
Cheers.
Thanks you Ahmed.

wak009

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2013
Nomination.....
20-11-2012
AOR Received.
13-05-2013
File Transfer...
13-05-2013
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
11-05-2015
I am now sick and tired of waiting for ADVO to process my case. My "recent application" for PR under PNP was filed on March 2013 which is now 25 months old. My "original application" was filed back in August 2008. So basically, I am almost 7 years "in waiting".

I am in Canada on OWP since August 2013 and my visa will expire in July 2015.

What you guys thoughts on going Legal Action route. Is it worth? If so, anyone can recommend any good lawyer in Toronto.

Hadeel1234

Sep 27, 2011
Iraq
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Nomination.....
17-9-2012
AOR Received.
03-01-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2014
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Med's Done....
05-08-2014
wak009 said:
I am now sick and tired of waiting for ADVO to process my case. My "recent application" for PR under PNP was filed on March 2013 which is now 25 months old. My "original application" was filed back in August 2008. So basically, I am almost 7 years "in waiting".

What you guys thoughts on going Legal Action route. Is it worth? If so, anyone can recommend any good lawyer in Toronto.
Totally agree with you ..I have been waiting for 8 years and still

ahmedhuang

Star Member
Feb 11, 2013
Hello Everyone,

You are not the only one frustrated by the wait times by the CIC, i have entire grand parents and their families in Canada I came as visitor in 2006, went back home(Pakistan) applied as an FSW applicant, you can fairly imagine 8 - 9 years of wait period is too much for us. I am also in Canada facing many challenges came here last year no job since then, only wife working luckily - she managed to secure position via references.

I would just say guys we are very close to our objective and goals, please don't lose hope. Before you attempt to hire any solicitor, please order GCMS Notes and see where do you stand if all is ok, then take further step. But I assume that all is ok its just the wait time I can see many of us would get their respective good news in coming months at max June - July. But I have calculated mine at max October.

Coming to your WP expiration, like mine expired this March, I applied almost 1.5 months before expiration, it takes two months to get it renewed. Good thing is you are already in Canada, just imagine those friends who are still in their respective countries and hoping to hear for good news. Just hold on tight and keep faith in Al mighty Allah.

Rest Assured you will be happy after getting PR, I pray the C-24 Bill doesnt get approved / implemented we dont want to get effected by this bill :p

Take care.
sincerely,
Ahmed.

zizu

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2012
Doc's Request.
28-03-2013, 01-04-2014, 01-06-2015,05-08-2015
AOR Received.
22-01-2013
Med's Request
01-09-2013, 01-06-2015
Med's Done....
01-09-2013, 01-06,2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015,15-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-oct-2015
LANDED..........
1-nov-2015
wak009 said:

@wak009 my friend... we are 600 candidates here who are stuck in this stream... my original application was in Aug-2006, PNP stream in Nov-2012 and I am in Canada since Nov-2013 and going through the same 'waiting' game.

We're too much into this and there is no point, in my opinion, to even try to explore the legal route. We're not the only ones suffering and had there been any legal way to pursue CIC to move it faster - it would've been taken by now.

You'll be wasting your resources and energies taking the legal route. as someone suggested, and I have already done that, order your GCMS so you know where exactly you stand -

By the end of this month - it'll be 29 months for me to submit the application to LVO - and the std. completion time for LVO is 29 months - I am still waiting for my PPR (after the whole QA process) - and know only a Miracle will ensure my app is completely processed in 29 months :)

So sit back, and go through this pain of waiting - maybe it'll make us a bit more wiser in the long run

zizu

wak009

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2013
Nomination.....
20-11-2012
AOR Received.
13-05-2013
File Transfer...
13-05-2013
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
11-05-2015
Hi Guys

As my OWP will expire in July, I am applying for BOWP. I am in Canada with my wife and three kids, ages 13, 11 and 5 years. Before arriving in Canada, I applied for their study permits instead of normal Temporary Residence visas when I applied my OWP. Now, their study permits will also expire along with my OWP. Should I apply for their study permits again or its not required?

ahmedhuang

Star Member
Feb 11, 2013
@Waka009

Navigate through the link and click apply online, then click CHECK ELIGIBILITY once you carefully answer all the questions you will be shown appropriate forms and supporting documents for entire family members including Principal applicant that's yourself.

cic.gc.ca/english/work/extend-stay.asp

Specific to Study permit following are the documentation required, if you apply online.

Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Student (IMM5709)
Family Member(Guardian) Proof of Status
Proof of Means of Financial Support
Passport or travel document
Digital Photo
Letter of Acceptance
Study Permit x 1 = $150

Additiional Important Information.
cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-minors.asp

Since you are already in Canada, double check with CIC help line if the clause of Exception applies to you.

Exceptions: Studying without a study permit
In some cases, minor children do not need a study permit to study in Canada. These cases include:

minor children attending kindergarten;
minor children who are refugees or refugee claimants, or whose parents are refugees or refugee claimants; and
minor children who are already in Canada with parents who are allowed to work or study in Canada, and who want to attend pre-school, primary or secondary school.
When minor children studying in Canada without a permit reach the age of majority (turn 18 or 19 depending on the province or territory), they must apply for a permit if they want to continue studying.

The information may not be correct please ascertain with CIC Call Centre Help line if you have any ambiguity. +1 888-242-2100

Senior Forum Members can add value to the information, please.

Sincerely,
Ahmed.

wak009

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2013
Nomination.....
20-11-2012
AOR Received.
13-05-2013
File Transfer...
13-05-2013
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
11-05-2015
Thanks Ahmed..appreciate detailed reply.

wak009

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2013
Nomination.....
20-11-2012
AOR Received.
13-05-2013
File Transfer...
13-05-2013
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
11-05-2015
Another question guys:

As I completed the "Online Application Eligibility" for BOWP, the CIC website generated a list of the supporting document. I am applying for BOWP for myslef, extension of OWP for my spouse and extension study permits for my kids. However, the list of supporting document ONLY have one Digital Photo requirement under the primary applicant. There is no photo mentioned under my spouse or kids.

Is this normal that I don't need to submit photos for the kids?

Hadeel1234

Sep 27, 2011
Iraq
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Nomination.....
17-9-2012
AOR Received.
03-01-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2014
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Med's Done....
05-08-2014
Hi guys ,
My OWP will expire on November 2015 , when should I apply for Bridge OWP ?
And one more question : today I contacted MP for the status of my PR application ..he contacted the visa office and they informed him that my apication is sill under the QA process ..Someone on this Forum stated that the QA program is over ..this is confusing ..any comment ?

wak009

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2013
Nomination.....
20-11-2012
AOR Received.
13-05-2013
File Transfer...
13-05-2013
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
11-05-2015
Hadeel1234 said:
Hi guys ,
My OWP will expire on November 2015 , when should I apply for Bridge OWP ?
And one more question : today I contacted MP for the status of my PR application ..he contacted the visa office and they informed him that my apication is sill under the QA process ..Someone on this Forum stated that the QA program is over ..this is confusing ..any comment ?
Hi Hadeel

You should apply bridge visa exactly when four months are remaining in your existing OWP expiry. So for you it will be from August 2015. Please can you let me know how did you contact the MP and how long it took to get the answer from CIC?

ahmedhuang

Star Member
Feb 11, 2013
@Waka009 :

Thats correct only principal applicant's photo is required when you submit online,

what ever documents are requested kindly send those documents.

Additionally you must in a PDF.

a- Cover Letter Explain you situation that you are in Canada on OWP by virtue of your Permanent Residency Under provincial Nominee Program that is already in process and your OWP is due to expire in July. Hence forth you would like to extend your stay as Temporary Foreign Worker while PR application is being processed.

b- In the same PDF attach the e-mail that you received by CIO, which is your AOR or acknowledgment of Reciept, that is the basis and the eligibility criteria of the BOWP.

c- In the same PDF attach Nomination certificate and the Letter of support for the OWP.

d- One more thing while you fill up the form do check the option i want to extend work permit with the same employer

e- for photo adhere to the specification of the dimensions, you can use this application Passport Photo Maker (google) browse you hi res image and select country canada you will get the exact dimensions required by the CIC.

f- Do attach your work permit in PDF as well as the Passports for each person ( use your best judgement to incorporate it in one pdf or separate as prompted by the online portal)

h- have enough funds in the visa card when you intend to apply

i- it takes exactly 63 days to get application approved and another two to six weeks to receive the Original work permit.

Caution : Always mention the address where you want your mails to be received , as cic would send you the original work permit to your postal address that you mention on the form.

Once you get the work permit you can then apply for the respective visas at CPC-Ottawa.

Hope this will help you in filing of the application

Keep me in your prayers, waiting for the PR for so long now. today got my approval of BOWP :) for one year only.

Sincerely,
AHMED.

ahmedhuang

Star Member
Feb 11, 2013
@HADEEL

Kindly order GCMS notes and gain visibility into your PR case. Avoid approaching via different means this will not expedite your case, rather Jeopardize it. You know what i mean right !

GCMS notes is important to have before you to know what steps have you passed and which are the pending ones.

Best of Luck !

Sincerely
Ahmed.