01-09-2013, 01-06,2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015,15-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-oct-2015
LANDED..........
1-nov-2015
lawrence2007 said:
I think you should be able to apply for an open work permit (OWP) if the support letter issued to you by Ontario is still valid. Just check the conditions of validity in the letter. The big question for you is: should you go on OWP or not? I never applied for OWP so I dont have any personal experience to share. Maybe someone who is right now in Canada on OWP can tell you more about pros and cons.
First thing you need to see if whether that support letter is still valid - mine was valid till October 2012 I think...

I took the option, applied for visa and have been here since November... before you come on owp - you need to consider few things

* Finances - you'll probably be bringing in some money to get you by during your job hunt here - I'd say have enough for 6-8 months.
* Difference between OWP, and PR - as a PR, you get to take the advantage of the system here where they tried to get you into work force, help you out in job placement, English Language, settlement etc. For OWP these options may not be available
* Your expertise / field / job field - depending on your job field, you may be able to get the job quickly - or you may have to wait it out for a while - and that 'for a while' can really get on you if you are paying for your boarding/lodging etc. on monthly basis - so costs accrue pretty quickly, so make sure you have enough funds.
* You should also be able to have an open mind - and be willing to work for an 'odd job' if push comes to shove...
* Personal networking - my experience till now has been that its the personal networking that really counts (unless you are a programmer/developer in which case you may be taken on board just for the skills that you have - ) - so start building your network, start talking to people here who you already know - and get the ball rolling before you come here - as this would really count in securing a job.

zizu

aashamsi

Jan 9, 2013
Canada
By the grace of Allah, yesterday I have received Passport(s) back from ADVO (after long journey from Canada to UAE to Canada):).

Now I have to plan for Re-Entry. Most probably will prefer Flag Poling

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
Open Work permit visa Aug 2013
gurhehar said:
Hi , I`m also FSW Backlog Reduction PNP Ontario nominated applicant. As with many others, my file got transferred to colombo from NDVO in dec 13. I`m done with my medicals and paid RPR fees on 17 feb2014. Now its more than 45 days and no news from cvo regarding passport request. I`m waiting at this last stage.. can anybody guide me how long can this wait be?? I applied in 2004 under fsw then..its been waiting for 10 long years. :eek: :eek: :eek:
I am in the same situation did u checked your ecas status...in my case it was updated to step 2 saying your process is started.. not sure what that means but still waiting for PPR request.

@vickarora : can you share your timelines.

vickarora

Apr 13, 2013
rp_tp said:
@ vickarora : can you share your timelines.
1st AOR from CIC: Feb 19, 2013
2nd AOR from NDVO: June 28, 2013
3rd AOR from Colombo: Nov 26, 2013
Request for Permanent Resident Fee and other documents: Jan 28, 2014
Fee paid online: Jan 29th, 2014
Documents dispatched: Jan 30th, 2014
Medical Request Received: Jan 30th, 2014
Medicals Done: Feb 08th, 2014
Visa Collection Letter Received (PP request): Feb 26th, 2014
(Couldn't submit PP for a month due to travel requirement in March)
Passports submitted: March 27th, 2014 (With a request for early return of passports due to travel requirement in May to US)
Passports received back with COPR: March 31st, 2014

gurhehar

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
rp_tp said:
I am in the same situation did u checked your ecas status...in my case it was updated to step 2 saying your process is started.. not sure what that means but still waiting for PPR request.

@ vickarora : can you share your timelines.

Are u done with ur medicals? How long after ur medicals, ur ecas has changed? as for me its around 45 days i`m done with my medicals and my ecas still shows application received.

@vickarora : when u get pp request, how much time they give u to submit ur passorts?

Imran775

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
Doc's Request.
03-01-2013
Nomination.....
03-11-2012
AOR Received.
12-02-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-13
Med's Request
25-04-14
Med's Done....
25-05-15
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
PR 16-03-2015
aashamsi said:
By the grace of Allah, yesterday I have received Passport(s) back from ADVO (after long journey from Canada to UAE to Canada):).

Now I have to plan for Re-Entry. Most probably will prefer Flag Poling

First many congratulations. It would be great if you could share your "Re-Entry" experience.
At the moment I am in Canada on OWP try to "established" myself :) while my family in Pakistan. Don't know how the processes of visa stamping will be done.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Imran775 said:
First many congratulations. It would be great if you could share your "Re-Entry" experience.
At the moment I am in Canada on OWP try to "established" myself :) while my family in Pakistan. Don't know how the processes of visa stamping will be done.
@Imran775 , Good thing about you guys from Pakistan is If you have to send your PP's to London VO. I think you do not have a VO in Pakistan or any restriction on your passports that they can't be mailed outside residence country ?

Indian applicants who are currently in Canada have a biggest problem of sending passports from Canada to India, as Indian customs will seize our passports if PP's are sent through Post/courier mail. I do not know why CIC does not understand this problem and they blindly ask people to send their passports to NDVO in spite of knowing that the person is currently in Canada and an Inland processing is required for this applicant.

aashamsi

Jan 9, 2013
Canada
O_Canada said:
@ Imran775 , Good thing about you guys from Pakistan is If you have to send your PP's to London VO. I think you do not have a VO in Pakistan or any restriction on your passports that they can't be mailed outside residence country ?

Indian applicants who are currently in Canada have a biggest problem of sending passports from Canada to India, as Indian customs will seize our passports if PP's are sent through Post/courier mail. I do not know why CIC does not understand this problem and they blindly ask people to send their passports to NDVO in spite of knowing that the person is currently in Canada and an Inland processing is required for this applicant.
Passport sending/receiving from Pakistan is not allowed.

However in his case he can send his passport directly to London and for his family he has to inform london VO for family, then they will arrange to get it stamped through Islamabad office. Same scenario was happened to one of my friend and it went properly :)

Hence dont worry about Visa stamping.

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
Open Work permit visa Aug 2013
gurhehar said:
Are u done with ur medicals? How long after ur medicals, ur ecas has changed? as for me its around 45 days i`m done with my medicals and my ecas still shows application received.

@ vickarora : when u get pp request, how much time they give u to submit ur passorts?
My medicals were done in Mid March and and status was updated 10 days later

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aashamsi said:
Passport sending/receiving from Pakistan is not allowed.

However in his case he can send his passport directly to London and for his family he has to inform london VO for family, then they will arrange to get it stamped through Islamabad office. Same scenario was happened to one of my friend and it went properly :)

Hence dont worry about Visa stamping.
Good thing to know that London VO have their eyes and ears open as they listen to Applicant's request. It seems Srilanka VO feels that burden of processing PR applications from India that is why like Sarkari Babu's they do not entertain Applicant's request and we have to involve MP's to get this request processed.

chintan_155

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OWP:06-Feb-2013, PR:30-Jan-13
Nomination.....
30-10-2012
AOR Received.
OWP: 06-06-2013, PR: 06-03-13 (1st AOR from Nova Scotia, 2nd 28-06-13)
Med's Request
05-06-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sent back: 14-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2013
LANDED..........
Landed. PR file transfered to Srilanka.
Hi aashamsi,

When will you plan for re-entry/flag polling?
Please share your experience as soon as you do that.

aashamsi

Jan 9, 2013
Canada
chintan_155 said:
Hi aashamsi,

When will you plan for re-entry/flag polling?
Please share your experience as soon as you do that.
Still not decided most probably will do it in next 2 to 3 weeks.

Sure I will update my experience .

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
hope every one is fine....

what is the meaning of this reply from LVO " your file is in queue awaiting for review from immigration officer"..... yesterday my cousin received this reply with in 10 days. :)

Jessica Guo

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
25-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012
IELTS Request
06-06-2012
File Transfer...
18-12-2012
Med's Request
10-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-01-2013
Interview........
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
soon
LANDED..........
soon
zain92 said:
hope every one is fine....

what is the meaning of this reply from LVO " your file is in queue awaiting for review from immigration officer"..... yesterday my cousin received this reply with in 10 days. :)
I also received same reply on Feb 24, but until now I am still waiting..