+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario FSW Pilot

aashamsi

Jan 9, 2013
Canada
ddq said:
I landed in beginning of January. On the very next day, I obtained my Social Insurance Number (SIN), and opened a bank account. My profession is in demand here (mobile software developer), thus I found work very quickly. My employer asked me only for my SIN. The only implication for working with OWP is that you need to wait three months from the day you start working and until you are eligible for OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance Plan).
Great....

On arrival Have they asked for any prof of funds etc ?

I am also planning to come on 18 aug

ddq

Nov 13, 2012
aashamsi said:
Great....

On arrival Have they asked for any prof of funds etc ?

I am also planning to come on 18 aug
No, I only showed them the copy of the certificate, and support letter. They asked me to pay $150 and issued the OWP on spot. Proof of funds was submitted as part of the application package.

tarakvshah

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
ddq said:
No, I only showed them the copy of the certificate, and support letter. They asked me to pay $150 and issued the OWP on spot. Proof of funds was submitted as part of the application package.
OH gr8 Thanks for reply .

May I know your Visa Office I am coming on 17th July. Any idea If we get Passport request from local visa office for PR application
do we have to come back to our country?

I am working in .Net technology. Anyidea hows market for it ...

punjabi

Apr 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddq said:
Hi,

I have the OWP Visa on my passport and a letter for issuing the work visa on spot. Plan to land 17th july in BC. 4

Queries.......
Why they are asking for Money ($150) ? (we already paid for visa to VO)
need to show any proof of Fund in immigration?
How's the immigration experience. what they ask ?

Appreciate your response .

Thanks

canimmigrate

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
CT, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddq said:
Did u apply for the visa at the port of entry or you first applied and got OWP and then paid some fees on port of entry?

-can

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
i have received form from embassy for old file number for taking back money.. how should i do that

1) should i fill and scan to send form?
2) should i fill and send them by normal post or tcs?
3) should i fill electronic form and send them?

please guide me what should i do?

thank you

ddq

Nov 13, 2012
tarakvshah said:
OH gr8 Thanks for reply .

May I know your Visa Office I am coming on 17th July. Any idea If we get Passport request from local visa office for PR application
do we have to come back to our country?

I am working in .Net technology. Anyidea hows market for it ...
Hi,

I my visa office is Tel Aviv, and as such I did not need visa to enter Canada. As I understand, if you can enter Canada with your country's passport without needing a visa, and if you are a provincial nominee, they will issue you OWP at the border of entry.

I don't really know what the market for .Net is, but you could do your research on indeed.ca and monster.ca to get the overall picture.

Best of luck

ddq

Nov 13, 2012
canimmigrate said:
Did u apply for the visa at the port of entry or you first applied and got OWP and then paid some fees on port of entry?

-can
I arrived to port of entry (Pearson Airport in Toronto) with copy of my nomination certificate and the Letter of Support. I showed these documents, and paid the fee. For that I was issued the OWP.

ddq

ddq

Nov 13, 2012
punjabi said:
Hi,

I have the OWP Visa on my passport and a letter for issuing the work visa on spot. Plan to land 17th july in BC. 4

Queries.......
Why they are asking for Money ($150) ? (we already paid for visa to VO)
need to show any proof of Fund in immigration?
How's the immigration experience. what they ask ?

Appreciate your response .

Thanks
Hi Punjabi,

If you have your OWP visa, you do not need to pay $150 again, as you have already paid this amount to get the permit.

Here's my experience: In the airport, there are two lines: one for citizens and permanent residents and another - for visitors. I joined the visitors line, waited for maybe 30 minutes, and when my turn arrived, I showed the immigration officer my Letter of Support and he referred me to another line - immigration. There I did not wait for an immigration officer, as there was no line. He checked my documents and asked for credit card to pay for the OWP. Once I paid the fee, he issued the OWP and attached it to my passport.

Overall, it was a surprisingly pleasant and fast experience.

Hope that helps
ddq

Hadeel1234

Sep 27, 2011
Iraq
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Nomination.....
17-9-2012
AOR Received.
03-01-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2014
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Med's Done....
05-08-2014
Thanks ddq for clarification
but just want to make things clear , ddq did not need an entry visa as he is from a country where visa is not needed to enter Canada , his procedure is not valid for every country ,most of the countries specially middle east require entry visa to enter Canada

Regards

sidhuinoslo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Hi All

Can any one please advise as I have received below email on 24 June 2013 from my local Visa office saying below. I am not sure if both the bullet points below apply here, or just the one which is highlight (moving forward a bit) The reason I am asking is since now I haven't received Medical request as per first point. Anyway I have sent the RPRF via draft through Traditional post. The clock is ticking as they give me the last date reply, and wondering if this deadline applies to RPRF only (which haven't received yet) The sentence "the following documents" confuses me if both documents applies here and I missed second MR email. we require

Please advice and good luck to all

+++++++++++++COPY of mail part of email BELOW++++++++++

Dear XYZ

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

-Complete or provide proof of completion of the Immigration medical examination. NB: Medical Examination instructions are sent as a separate email. If you do not received the email, please contact this office

-Pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, as per the enclosed Sydney Visa Offices Fee Schedule

The above information/documents must be received in our office before: XX August 2013. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote your complete application number on all correspondence with this office.

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Sincerely,
Immigration Section
XYZ

vuexperts

Jun 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear i have in mind , some friends also post that they received the same letter / request last day
for more info , see the past posts .

so i think , you do not need to worry and be relax

sidhuinoslo said:
Hi All

Can any one please advise as I have received below email on 24 June 2013 from my local Visa office saying below. I am not sure if both the bullet points below apply here, or just the one which is highlight (moving forward a bit) The reason I am asking is since now I haven't received Medical request as per first point. Anyway I have sent the RPRF via draft through Traditional post. The clock is ticking as they give me the last date reply, and wondering if this deadline applies to RPRF only (which haven't received yet) The sentence "the following documents" confuses me if both documents applies here and I missed second MR email. we require

Please advice and good luck to all

+++++++++++++COPY of mail part of email BELOW++++++++++

Dear XYZ

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

-Complete or provide proof of completion of the Immigration medical examination. NB: Medical Examination instructions are sent as a separate email. If you do not received the email, please contact this office

-Pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, as per the enclosed Sydney Visa Offices Fee Schedule

The above information/documents must be received in our office before: XX August 2013. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote your complete application number on all correspondence with this office.

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Sincerely,
Immigration Section
XYZ

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
i have received form from embassy for old file number for taking back money.. how should i do that

thank you

punjabi

Apr 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddq said:
Hi Punjabi,

If you have your OWP visa, you do not need to pay $150 again, as you have already paid this amount to get the permit.

Here's my experience: In the airport, there are two lines: one for citizens and permanent residents and another - for visitors. I joined the visitors line, waited for maybe 30 minutes, and when my turn arrived, I showed the immigration officer my Letter of Support and he referred me to another line - immigration. There I did not wait for an immigration officer, as there was no line. He checked my documents and asked for credit card to pay for the OWP. Once I paid the fee, he issued the OWP and attached it to my passport.

Overall, it was a surprisingly pleasant and fast experience.

Hope that helps
ddq
Thanks

malisa

May 15, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP=Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
9-06-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-07-2012
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
3-08-2012
Interview........
Open Work permit visa Jan18, 2013 (45 days)
Passport Req..
Ppr, 28 sept 2013. in process...23 aug 2013, decision made 28 sept, 2013.
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2013
LANDED..........
Nov, 2013. PR card..Jan 2014.
zain92 said:

thank you
I suggest that fill it electronically and send them i.e the fastsest way.