13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
hey guys

i have a bit of a dilemma, so i noticed on the check list it says your passport has to be valid for two years prior to the application submission and two years after your application has been submitted.

My passport is shy of two years then it is due to expire. Has anyone still submitted a copy of their passport or should I attempt to renew my passport ?

Please let me know as I am sending my application in this weekend.

Thank you

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
I am in a similar situation. My passport expired end of Feb. 2017 and I can apply for renewal only in March 2016.
I will include a LOE about this scenario while submitting my app. to OINP.

sush80

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have received OINP notification on 6th Jan. I am confused about the reference letter frm the current employer. Acc to the HR policies, they r not ready to provide letter describing my roles and responsibilities, all they cud give is basic proof of employment wid my date of joining, salary n designation. But my supervisor is ready to help me. So my question here is in which format and on which paper ( plain paper or notarized stamp paper) should i get the reference .Kindly share ur views and format for this. My NOC is 2173. Thanks in advance...

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
sush80 said:
I have received OINP notification on 6th Jan. I am confused about the reference letter frm the current employer. Acc to the HR policies, they r not ready to provide letter describing my roles and responsibilities, all they cud give is basic proof of employment wid my date of joining, salary n designation. But my supervisor is ready to help me. So my question here is in which format and on which paper ( plain paper or notarized stamp paper) should i get the reference .Kindly share ur views and format for this. My NOC is 2173. Thanks in advance...
Get your supervisor to sign your reference letter on a normal paper, and then have it notarized. Please retain a copy of some proof of employment of your supervisor as well (a business card, for example) and ensure that your supervisor's contact details are clearly mentioned in the reference letter. What should go into the reference letter is already mentioned in the OINP Application Guide, use the same.

And do not forget to get the other documents such as your pay-stubs, and the proof of employment letters that your HR is willing to provide you with.

Hope this helps.

ppahuja

Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sush80 said:
In addition to what has been mentioned above by shashidhar_sm. Make sure you add a copy of mail confirmation from your company HR that they don't provide custom letters apart from their prescribed format. Explain in your LOE that you were unable to get reference letter per CIC requirement and have to get a notarized copy from your supervisor instead.

Please refer below extract from my LOE, you can update similarly:

Though I have been able to procure employment reference letter from my current employer (XXXX) specifying my responsibilities, however, my previous employer (XXXX) HR Team stated their inability to provide any employment reference letter except relieving cum experience letter per company guidelines. I have attached communiqué with my previous employer in support of above statement.

Request you to please consider these documents as a proof of my work experience for further processing my application for Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any questions at the co-ordinates listed in the application.

Good Luck!!

sush80

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can u guys throw some more light on how to get that reference letter notarized...Also as the HR is giving the basic letter including my job designation, date of joining and salary, but they r asking for purpose of the letter and to whom they shud address the letter to.
And I cud not tell dem that i want it for Immigration purpose, so can i get that letter by saying I need it to for bank purpose and letter is addressed to the Bank manager

Dec 4, 2015
Hello Folks,

Need your help.

My wife and I had submitted our EE profile in the last week of December 2105. Yesterday my wife has got a "Notification of Interest" from Ontario under the PNP/OINP scheme.

Given we both are risk managers/investment bankers and Ontario/Toronto being the financial hub we are planning to opt for this program. Also, I had perform some basic search on internet and could see that presently there are lot of risk management jobs available in Ontario/Toronto.

As a next step I have downloaded the application guide and application from Ontario website.

I have a few questions:-
If we decide to go ahead under the Ontario OINP, how long are we expected to stay in this province?

The application form needs to be hand filled or via computer(adobe- acrobat reader/editor)?

We just have 45 days to opt for this scheme- I am assuming that on 45th day the application package needs to reach their office?

My wife present CRS is 415 owing to 6.5 bands in speaking section. Had it been 7 band then she would have touched CLB 9 in all sections and scored maximum marks under skill transferability. That said, we have applied for IELTS revaluation as well. If speaking score improves her new CRS will be approx. 470 which I guess will be competitive to help her fetch an ITA.

Should we wait for IELTS revaluation result first and then proceed with Ontario OINP or we can directly opt for it? Bit confused.
Its a matter of 1500 CAD + a restriction to be in Ontario, which are forcing me to explore all possible options and identify the best one.

similar to below post from Sush80 and Bharathkumar:- reference letter is going to be a problem in our case too. However, I am planning to provide, offer letter, confirmation letter, relieving letter, promotion letter, general letter from HR (showing my tenure, position and dpt). As year end increment letters are not issued on company letter head and not signed by Hr/mgr I am planning to get it notorized. That said, I will surely try to get in touch with HR first and preserve/attach the copy of emails to cement my case.

Application fees:- I guess HSBC offers international currencies (CAD in this case) bank draft facility so all we need to do is comply with their processes and get a bank draft issued in favour of "minister of finance, Ontario" which then needs to be sent along an application package.

Education:- We both are master degree holders and the same has been validated by the WES as well- so no issues here!

Experience:- we are in same job since over an year now- so no issues here too! however I'll be changing my job in February and wife will also do it somewhere in Mar-April. That said we need to update our EE profile and submit "change of personal information form" to OINP. correct?

Apologies for a lengthy note. Looking forward to hear from you.

regards,
Ronak and Teena

ppahuja

Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sush80 said:
Can u guys throw some more light on how to get that reference letter notarized...Also as the HR is giving the basic letter including my job designation, date of joining and salary, but they r asking for purpose of the letter and to whom they shud address the letter to.
And I cud not tell dem that i want it for Immigration purpose, so can i get that letter by saying I need it to for bank purpose and letter is addressed to the Bank manager
Notarized reference letter is required in case you are unable to get from your organisation in their letter head. It is recommended to get it in - whomsover it may concern format. Addressing it to inappropriate authority is not recommended. Instead attach your offer letter, promotion letters, salary slips to prove you are employed with your current organisation.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ppahuja said:
Notarized reference letter is required in case you are unable to get from your organisation in their letter head. It is recommended to get it in - whomsover it may concern format. Addressing it to inappropriate authority is not recommended. Instead attach your offer letter, promotion letters, salary slips to prove you are employed with your current organisation.
Well, I did not notarize my reference letter (I have provided them with the original and the whole point of notarization is to say that a document is "real". I have provided them with the original so I was of the opinion that notarization is NOT required.). I have taken it from a colleague (senior) and the person has provided a copy of his ID card as proof. I have also given the contact number of the person in the letter. Hope this would suffice!

ppahuja

Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ronak.singh.wadhwa said:
Hello Folks,

Need your help.

My wife and I had submitted our EE profile in the last week of December 2105. Yesterday my wife has got a "Notification of Interest" from Ontario under the PNP/OINP scheme.

Given we both are risk managers/investment bankers and Ontario/Toronto being the financial hub we are planning to opt for this program. Also, I had perform some basic search on internet and could see that presently there are lot of risk management jobs available in Ontario/Toronto.

As a next step I have downloaded the application guide and application from Ontario website.

If we decide to go ahead under the Ontario OINP, how long are we expected to stay in this province?
There are no legal obligations as such but it is recommended to search for available job pportunities in province that nominated you for atleast 6 - 8 months before you decide to move on. With that said, PNP doesn't restrict your mobility rights across Canada

The application form needs to be hand filled or via computer(adobe- acrobat reader/editor)?
It can be done either ways. You can fill main information via computer while some inputs need to be provided by hand viz. NA for not applicable sections. Upto you.

We just have 45 days to opt for this scheme- I am assuming that on 45th day the application package needs to reach their office?
That's correct. It is recommended you keep 5 - 10 days buffer to avoid any unforeseen delivery issues by courier service provider
My wife present CRS is 415 owing to 6.5 bands in speaking section. Had it been 7 band then she would have touched CLB 9 in all sections and scored maximum marks under skill transferability. That said, we have applied for IELTS revaluation as well. If speaking score improves her new CRS will be approx. 470 which I guess will be competitive to help her fetch an ITA.
Start collecting documents for OINP application as a back up and if score improves, you are likely to be selected in next draw (hopefully in next 15 days)

Should we wait for IELTS revaluation result first and then proceed with Ontario OINP or we can directly opt for it?
Keep both options open. It's just 1500 CAD and that can also be refunded (on request) if you get an ITA before OINP issue you AOR.
Bit confused.
Its a matter of 1500 CAD + a restriction to be in Ontario, which are forcing me to explore all possible options and identify the best one.
No mobility restriction as mentioned above

similar to below post from Sush80 and Bharathkumar:- reference letter is going to be a problem in our case too. However, I am planning to provide, offer letter, confirmation letter, relieving letter, promotion letter, general letter from HR (showing my tenure, position and dpt). As year end increment letters are not issued on company letter head and not signed by Hr/mgr I am planning to get it notorized. That said, I will surely try to get in touch with HR first and preserve/attach the copy of emails to cement my case.
That's fine

Application fees:- I guess HSBC offers international currencies (CAD in this case) bank draft facility so all we need to do is comply with their processes and get a bank draft issued in favour of "minister of finance, Ontario" which then needs to be sent along an application package.
Almost each and every bank forex branch offers bank draft. Certain banks have pre-requisite to get a letter from CA on funds to be transferred outside your home country. Make sure you validate this before hand with your bank.

Education:- We both are master degree holders and the same has been validated by the WES as well- so no issues here!
That's correct

Experience:- we are in same job since over an year now- so no issues here too! however I'll be changing my job in February and wife will also do it somewhere in Mar-April. That said we need to update our EE profile and submit "change of personal information form" to OINP. correct?
That's right.

Good luck!!

regards,
Ronak and Teena

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ronak.singh.wadhwa said:
Hello Folks,

Need your help.

You must "intend" to stay in Ontario when you land there. After you officially become a PR, section 6 (Mobility Rights) of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects you. You can move, work and live anywhere in Canada.

Having said that, at least I believe I have a moral obligation to genuinely try to establish myself in the province that nominated me. I would NOT recommend anyone to use ANY province as a backdoor just to enter Canada. Ontario is a relatively popular province and so it has no difficulty retaining immigrants. Other smaller provinces are struggling (IMO) because many people are using it as a backdoor.

Can be filled electronically.

Don't take the risk (Time difference?). Make sure it reached on or before the 44th day, just in case.

Should we wait for IELTS revaluation result first and then proceed with Ontario OINP or we can directly opt for it? Bit confused.

You can prepare the documents and wait for the revaluation result. If the result is positive, fine. If not, then you can send the documents to Ontario (I am assuming that her results would come out before at least 5 days before the PT expires).

Well, you can get it from your manager or a colleague on a plain paper along with their business card/Employee ID card/both. You can submit all other documents that you have mentioned along with this letter.

"Ontario Minister of Finance". Check page 20 of the application guide.

Correct.

Yes you can.

regards,
Ronak and Teena

ppahuja

Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Well, I did not notarize my reference letter (I have provided them with the original and the whole point of notarization is to say that a document is "real". I have provided them with the original so I was of the opinion that notarization is NOT required.). I have taken it from a colleague (senior) and the person has provided a copy of his ID card as proof. I have also given the contact number of the person in the letter. Hope this would suffice!
That's right. If you are submitting the originals, signed by your supervisor (can be on plain paper as well) then no notarisation is required.

Dec 4, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
re bank draft- pls refer to application form page no- 8 (I -fees)- it says payable to "minister of finance, Ontario".
given my background- Ontario/Toronto suits me the best, but still wanted to confirm if they have restriction.
No intention of backdoor entry!

Trying to be optimistic, if IELTS score improve and CRS move upto 470, then which option should i opt (ITA or PNP)? and why?
Though I understand PR route remains the same just that Ontario nomination will help pump your CRS- but realistically will it help getting PR?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ronak.singh.wadhwa said:
Trying to be optimistic, if IELTS score improve and CRS move upto 470, then which option should i opt (ITA or PNP)? and why?
Though I understand PR route remains the same just that Ontario nomination will help pump your CRS- but realistically will it help getting PR?
1) The ONLY purpose of getting a nomination is to get more points to secure an ITA. When you can get ITA directly, why do you need a nomination?

2) There is no apparent trend that suggests there exists special treatment for people who are nominated by provinces but I think since the province does check your credentials, that makes things easier for CIC (They just have to make sure the medicals and PCCs are okay). This is only speculation, I do not have proof to substantiate this.

Having said that, if you can get an ITA directly, it would be nonsensical to walk the PNP route. Serves no purpose.